Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bix Conners

Quote from: Luke Heidebrecht on January 12, 2016, 03:12:07 PM
Hey there - I'm new to the Saskgames site but enjoying it already! 

I was just wondering if there would be some collective interest in doing a group buy of Nemo's War (Second Edition:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/567823005/nemos-war-second-edition

The 6-game pledge option entails significant savings.  Total cost per person would be $50.33 American. 

I'd love to hear if there are any others who might want to join in!

This is certainly the right place to check Luke. Hope enough sign up for the Six Pack!!!
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Lori on January 12, 2016, 03:12:30 PM
Wow, the exchange rate is brutal: $1US is $1.4291Cdn today.

:( I remember back in the day when it was par, life was so simple back then.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Lareina

I'm waiting on like 13 Projects, 3 that were supposed to be done in 2014, 6 that were supposed to be done in 2015 (one of them was partially fulfilled), then 4 that seem to be on time for 2016?

Xenoshyft just launched with their Sequel/Standalone: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/xenoshyft-dreadmire

Lori

Tiny Epic Western closes Feb 6/16 and the bulk package is 10 copies.

People interested in TEW that have talked to me so far:

NeikeDjour
Lori
Cordawg (maybe 2 copies)
lifeofturner

Here are the numbers so that everyone is clear about the pricing before making a decision:
US DOLLARS: $180 for 10 copies + $15 shipping = $195 
$195*1.45 (potential exchange rate given that today it was 1.4291) = $282.75 Canadian
$282.75*10% (5% GST and 5%PST that will be charged when we bring it through the border) = $311.03 Canadian

So potentially around $31 per person. 

NeikeDjour

$31CAD bulk vs $47CAD if you were to do it individually.
Still a good deal, but man are these prices depressing. :P

Lori

QuoteThe world is again threatened with war! As the War Minister of your small nation, you have been tasked with confronting aggression by developing atomic bombs for your country. Your spies have stolen the needed technology, but you need to acquire the materials and personnel to get the job done before your rival nations do. Once someone has built 10 kilotons of bombs, the final round will finish, and the player with the most bomb points will win, their nation's survival assured!

To do this, you will be playing cards representing the training and use of teams of laborers, scientists, and engineers to complete various plans, until you have assembled enough bombs to win! Here is a example of a lucky hand being played:

QuoteThe world is again threatened with war! As the War Minister of your small nation, you have been tasked with confronting aggression by developing atomic bombs for your country. Your spies have stolen the needed technology, but you need to acquire the materials and personnel to get the job done before your rival nations do. Once someone has built 10 kilotons of bombs, the final round will finish, and the player with the most bomb points will win, their nation's survival assured!

To do this, you will be playing cards representing the training and use of teams of laborers, scientists, and engineers to complete various plans, until you have assembled enough bombs to win! Here is a example of a lucky hand being played:

NeikeDjour

And just as we were talking about Kickstarter having been dead for the last few months, a bunch of awesome looking projects pop up...  :lol

Lori

Quote from: NeikeDjour on January 13, 2016, 11:27:30 AM
And just as we were talking about Kickstarter having been dead for the last few months, a bunch of awesome looking projects pop up...  :lol

Exactly what I was thinking.  There's the expansion for King's Forge too, but I never did the original.

NeikeDjour

To expand on Lareina's post:

QuoteXenoShyft: Dreadmire brings players back into the NorTec Corporation as they strip mine another planet for the highly sought-after Xenosathem! Players will have to make strategic decisions and work together as they face off against the Brood, a monstrous horde of all new alien foes! But it isn't just the Brood that players will have to worry about this time. Weather effects will drastically change the game each round!

XenoShyft: Dreadmire is a fully cooperative card game designed for 1-4 players. Working as both a standalone game and an expansion, XenoShyft: Dreadmire can either be played by itself or shuffled into XenoShyft: Onslaught, adding new foes, items and troops. With over 400 cards, and the same immersive art direction as the previous game, XenoShyft: Dreadmire brings the same quantity and quality players have come to expect from the XenoShyft franchise!

XenoShyft: Dreadmire not only feature new troops, items and foes, but also introduces two all new mechanics to the game:

At the start of each turn players will reveal a weather card. This weather card will determine what weather effects will activate. This can throw a major wrench into players' plans as often these weather effects will make the Brood much harder to fight! NorTec isn't without options when it comes to these adverse weather effects though! Adapting to their new environment, NorTec has created special items that not only benefit your troops, but also have special abilities that can activate during specific weather. XenoShyft: Dreadmire's weather mechanics will give players another level of immersion and difficulty, all while extending the replay value of the game.

The XenoShyft franchise is designed to be a tense and challenging experience. Players need to work together and make wise tactical decisions when it comes to the items they purchase and the troops they deploy. Through the process of play-testing XenoShyft: Dreadmire, we've re-tooled the way in which enemies deploy into player lanes. The game now allows for a smoother ramp in difficulty, giving players time to build up their defense before the hardest waves of the Brood appear! But don't think that time to build up your defenses will make the experience any less challenging! We've just worked to make the difficulty curve more gradual for players, allowing for a more streamlined experience that comes down to teamwork and coordination rather than raw luck!

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Lori on January 13, 2016, 11:31:49 AM
Quote from: NeikeDjour on January 13, 2016, 11:27:30 AM

Exactly what I was thinking.  There's the expansion for King's Forge too, but I never did the original.
I saw that. I'm seriously contemplating it. I have the original game and like it a lot. I got the second expansion through kickstarter as well, Apprentices, but haven't got it in yet. I find it odd that they are starting another campaign before people have received the products from their last one.