Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

When I first looked at GG I thought it looked like a really stupid game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. And I didn't understand how it was even on kickstarter, much less be one of the top games right now. (That said, there aren't a lot of good games on KS right now) But then I looked into it more and realized it's not really a game of luck, but more a game of strategy and memory. You set up 4 stacks of cards, mostly rocks, paper and scissors. You choose the order they are in. And then you choose one of their cards and one of yours. If you win, you can keep going. As soon as you lose, your card is discarded, but the card you lost to flips back over on the stack it came from. So you now know that stacks top card is that card you lost to. Then you have to remember what is on top of your stacks (or middle, depending on what cards your opponent discards of yours) that you can use to beat it when your turn comes back around. Make it anything other than a 2 player game and that makes it a real brain bender. I think it's pretty neat for a $10 game. 
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

NeikeDjour

QuoteWe all have a common desire - the desire for happiness. As we build our life, taking steps towards the pursuit of happiness, we come closer to the realization that happiness lies in the pursuit. The successful game released by Artipia Games during Essen Spiel 2015 is finally getting a large 2nd-Print!

The Pursuit of Happiness is a game designed by David Chircop and Adrian Abela, in which you take a character from birth and you live the life you always wanted. Using a worker-placement mechanism with time as your workers, you take on projects, you get jobs, you buy items, you establish relationships, you raise families. The possibilities are endless. How much will you be able to achieve in just one lifetime?

NeikeDjour

QuoteIn Tiny Epic Western, you are the boss! And upon your boss card, you will keep track of your posse and your influence. You'll be sending your posse members around town to play poker, gain influence, and purchase buildings. Each location offers compelling options of where to place your posse members. Like using a building there, gaining instant influence, or doubling down for extra influence at the risk of not getting any.   You will play a poker hand at EACH location you send a posse member to. Winning will get you the "poker pot" and any extra influence from a "double down" spot. You will need this influence for acquiring buildings later on in the round.

The Sheriff's Office is a unique location offering players the ability to change the value or suit of their poker card. It also offers a way to acquire an extra building each round and even activate your 3rd posse member!

BEWARE! If you're standing in the way of your opponent, they can send their posse member in for a duel and possibly take your spot! Fighting doesn't go unnoticed around here, or unrewarded for that matter, it is the wild west after all. The winner of the last duel always takes the wanted card. After the locations have been resolved, and players have gained influence for their winning poker hands, a buying phase occurs. Players can now use their influence to acquire one building from a location where they have a posse member. Remember, hitting up the Sheriff's Office can get you an extra buy during this phase; that can be a real game changer!

Buildings offer you victory points, access to their abilities, and industry influence.

At the end of each round, the player who had the best poker hand at the Town Hall advances one of three industries forward in their rank.

At the end of six rounds,or as many bullets as a revolver can hold, the game is over. The industries have now been ranked 1st through 3rd and the majority share holders (players with the most industry influence) will be paid bonus victory points respectively. Players add that to the sum of their victory points gained from acquired buildings, with the wanted player gaining an extra 2, and the player who has the most victory points is the winner! 

NeikeDjour

So... I'm in for Tiny Epic Western. Lori, you going to get it? Do another bulk buy?

Lori

Quote from: NeikeDjour on January 11, 2016, 11:58:58 AM
So... I'm in for Tiny Epic Western. Lori, you going to get it? Do another bulk buy?

It's on my radar to look at today and watch the run through so more than likely a yes. It's been quite a Kickstarter drought lately.

NeikeDjour

It has, hasn't it?  :lol

I'm not complaining too much. As much as it's been a drought in buying them, I've found a lot of older projects are completing and shipping out right now.

Lori

Yeah, I just got a straggler last week (overdue from September) as well as the big box Carson City today (overdue from October).

I think I'm at 10 outstanding Kickstarters:  I'm down to 4 overdue projects (1 November, 2 Decembers and a 2014 (yes, Tokaido, I'm talking about you)) and 6 for future dates.

NeikeDjour

I've got lots. (I have a KS problem) >.> 23 outstanding. Some full games, some small expansions, some components.

5 of them were funded in 2014 and all except one of those are/were experiencing production delays. u_u (Tokaido for the figures, Minion got a cease and desist over their company name from Universal Studios and had to change everything, Tanto Cuore is managed by a horrible company, Megaman done by a company doing their first kickstarter but also first board game with tons of miniatures that had to be approved by Capcom. And King's Forge expansion is on a boat and is only like 2 months overdue their estimated date, which is still a pass for me.)

I don't know how many of them are overdue. I just set them in a list and forget about them till their due dates. Then update the due date to whatever is in the comments/updates and forget about them again. :confused

I think I got around 8 packages the last 3-ish months from kickstarter, and I have 7 or so projects on a boat or in shipping trucks. There are a lot of teaching days ahead of me. :P

Luke Heidebrecht

Hey there - I'm new to the Saskgames site but enjoying it already! 

I was just wondering if there would be some collective interest in doing a group buy of Nemo's War (Second Edition:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/567823005/nemos-war-second-edition

The 6-game pledge option entails significant savings.  Total cost per person would be $50.33 American. 

I'd love to hear if there are any others who might want to join in! 

Lori

Wow, the exchange rate is brutal: $1US is $1.4291Cdn today.