Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craftybernardo

Quote from: R Newell on October 13, 2015, 03:58:36 PM
Quote from: NeikeDjour on October 13, 2015, 03:57:56 PM
Quote from: R Newell on October 13, 2015, 03:56:33 PM
Ok, newbie Kickstarter question...

I want the $59 version of Scythe, plus the $10 extenda-board as an add-on.  But I don't see any checkboxes to select add-ons.  Do I just adjust my pledge to $69 and the $10 board add-on is then simply assumed / included?
Correct. At the end of the campaign they'll send a survey, and that's when you'll let them know what the extra $10 is going towards.

:thumb-up

I also adjusted my pledge to get the board extension, seems like a really good idea to do now as it will cost 12$ USD plus shipping afterwards from their website.

R Newell

Quote from: craftybernardo on October 13, 2015, 05:42:20 PMI also adjusted my pledge to get the board extension, seems like a really good idea to do now as it will cost 12$ USD plus shipping afterwards from their website.

I think it's such a brilliant idea: I play at home with the wife on the dining room table, I use the enlarged board; I take it to Chewsday Challenge and play a 5-player game, I use the normal board.  Genius.

Tempest

Looks like the Kickstarter for Arcadia Quest Inferno starts next month. I don't think there's a link yet, just thought I'd mention it. My wallet is (not) ready.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Tempest on October 13, 2015, 07:41:57 PM
Looks like the Kickstarter for Arcadia Quest Inferno starts next month. I don't think there's a link yet, just thought I'd mention it. My wallet is (not) ready.
My wallet is definitely (not) ready...
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

DCStyles

Just backed Scythe at the $99 level... Wouldn't even have known about it if not for this forum lol!
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Lori

Quote from: DCStyles on October 13, 2015, 08:47:26 PM
Just backed Scythe at the $99 level... Wouldn't even have known about it if not for this forum lol!

You might as well drink the SM kool-aid with us, Derek.  It's hit $600k now.  Still lots of upgrades and expanded content to come in the next 23 days.

darock999

I just backed Scythe, first kickstarter ever.  Looks really sweet.

NeikeDjour

QuoteThe year is 2136, water is unsafe and food is scarce. Using a strain of yeast discovered in an underground lab after the war, capable of removing radiation from water during fermentation, beer became the safest means of sustenance.

Beerpocalypse is a post-apocalyptic drinking tabletop game for 2-4 players (of legal drinking age). It takes place in a bar by the same name, ruled by a bloodthirsty monster who calls himself Killgut. The core emphasis of Beerpocalypse is beer sharing and tasting. Beer will play an integral role in the game as a source of power. Beerpocalypse is different from other drinking games in that beer is meant to be tasted, savored and talked about. It is never used as a punishment meant for chugging.

Beerpocalypse is about trying new beers and sharing them with your friends.
Beer is integral to your character's attack strength in the game. The idea is everyone brings a bottle or two to the game. Everyone can then pour themselves a flight of 4 beers. They will set these beers on their tasting trays.

Underneath each glass is a dial. You will adjust this number to each beer's respective ABV (alcohol content rounded to the nearest whole number). You will travel around the bar running into other characters as well as each other whom you will challenge to mutant fights in the S.C.U.M. pits. This is the pastime of choice out here in the wasteland.

As you make your way around the bar you will run into other characters in the game, represented by the "Lowlife" card deck. These will be the characters you challenge to mutant fights which you'll hopefully come away from with experience and some money. The "HP+" represents the last opponent left at a table in the bar or a "regular". They have more HP than the standard patron. They also reward you with triple experience points represented by a green EXP token on the board. You must possess one green EXP token in order to challenge the boss.

S.C.U.M. (Scientifically Created Undead Mutants) are a technology left over from the last war. The military developed a technology to create bloodthirsty mutants that were fueled by pure alcohol for ground battles. Now, after the war, they are fought for sport and we use beer to fuel them instead. This is the core mechanic in Beerpocalypse. You will collect and buy various S.C.U.M. that you will fight against other patron's S.C.U.M for money and experience. How these mutants perform in battle will depend on what beer they are fueled with. The 4 beers you have in front of you will serve as their fuel for these fights.

Each S.C.U.M. card will have a strength and weakness for a particular type of beer. There is a "+" and "-" on each card with a beer style next to it. These will either add to or subtract from your attack strength. The numbers on the top of the card tell you how much to add or subtract. Not every turn will result in a beer style affecting your fight, but it will happen. It's best to collect as many S.C.U.M. as possible to tailor your fights to the beer in your arsenal. Your attack strength will be determined by which beer you have to sip for that turn. This is dictated by a D4 die rolled at the beginning of each fight.

There are 6 characters to choose from in Beerpocalypse. 4 male characters and 2 female characters. Each character will have a unique skill they can use as they travel throughout the bar. They are all casual acquaintances who are meeting up to have a few drinks and make some cash, but given their history they aren't above killing each other over a S.C.U.M. fight or a spilled drink.

Killgut owns Beerpocalypse. He's sitting on a giant stockpile of beers and cash. The goal of Beerpocalypse is to gain enough experience to challenge the owner himself to a S.C.U.M. fight with the winner taking all. He loves to watch the S.C.U.M. fights and whenever you lose one, he will gladly spot you some cash and a S.C.U.M. card or two to get you back in the game. However, this comes at a price. You will be required to go into an "IOU" status with the bar. For your next turn you may only draw from the "Favors" pile. This card will have some favor you must do for Killgut. You mustn't show anyone at the table what it says. You must fulfill this favor before your turns comes back around. These favors vary, but all will be embarrasing to some extent. When it is your turn again, you must show the table what your favor was and all must agree you fulfilled it's requirements. If you do, you will be rewarded and can continue your turn as normal. If you fail, you must draw another favor and forfeit another turn.

These favors add a party game element to Beerpocalypse that mixes things up and keeps it unpredictable, while also adding an intensity to the battles, for fear of getting an IOU if you go bankrupt. All the favors in the game are completely legal/acceptable to perform in public should you take the game to a bar. So, don't freak out.

NeikeDjour

It made me laugh. I had to post it.
Also, it looks like it could be a interesting game.  :lol

Jolo

Quote from: NeikeDjour on October 16, 2015, 02:03:35 PM
It made me laugh. I had to post it.
Also, it looks like it could be a interesting game.  :lol

I assume Matt is the 250 pledge...