Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

QuoteNinja Camp pits animal martial artist clans against one another in a training exercise where the best clan will become the personal ninja apprentices of Sensei Saru. Each player starts with two cards, each representing a ninja skill, with the rest of the deck making up the game board. By using the cards in their hand, players navigate the board, adding new skills to their hand as they do—and leaving fewer movement options for their fellow campers. Each player also has a unique ninja ability that he can use once per game to try to turn the game in his favor. It is a family-friendly 2-4 player tactical card game that plays in under 30 minutes.

*There aren't too many pictures of the game, but there are a decent amount of videos of playthroughs and reviews. Looks Neat. :D

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

RockBane

The HSD stands for HC SVNT DRACONES(Here be Dragons)

This is just the extra content that didn't make it into the original core that can be found here. It's not an expensive pdf as I bought for $2.25 and is normally sold for $3.  The sale ends on the 30th of July, same day as I have posted this.

Summary of the original book is: HC SVNT DRACONES puts you in the body of a human experiment that outlived its creator, and has gone on expanding into the galaxy while trying to heed the lessons of a race that fell to ruin. It's about exploration and fear, expansion and conquest, intrigue and subterfuge, and ultimately, it’s about you, learning to be you, when all the trappings of humanity you define yourself with are dead and gone.

Here's what they have for their current KS:

Quote from: HSD Core:Extended KickstarterCore: Extended is the first major expansion to the HC SVNT DRACONES role playing universe, which was successfully funded right here with your generous support. HSD C:E Includes new playable families, new species abilities, new surgical options and morphisms, and expands and expounds upon the lore in the core book to provide Guides and players with a richer understanding of their universe. Also included are game rules variations to help you tailor your gaming experience to your players, in an effort to give all HSD fans the gaming experience they'll most enjoy. The initial design and construction process for Core:Extended was funded as a stretch by the original HSD kickstarter, so there's already lots of material to show you!

If you like games where you can play as a non-human, this is decent.  I found out about it viva TVTropes while going through their list of tabletop games as well another source, I think.  Nice picture to look through and an interesting premise of a species with a blank slate history wise.  I mean, Vectors are a created race, not a naturally evolved one.  They pretty much inherited the world and its technology.  What they do with it...  Give it a look, they offer a preview after all.
I'm heading off on a digital trip
And that's what I plan to do!
I'm going away to a digital plain
And I ain't coming back real soon!

The whole thing is electrical!
It's running through my veins
That everything is connectable!

Hey! Digital....Hey! Digital....world, world, world!
~Going Digital

NeikeDjour

QuoteCatTube Famous is a card game where you aim to seize global trends and release cat videos that'll get you a massive following on CatTube. Will audiences laugh at a fat cat hanging off the curtains this month, or will it be a cat thinking "they're people too" as they climb up on the dinner table? Read the trends, time your video releases right, and you too could be CatTube Famous!

NeikeDjour

NeikeDjour

QuoteIt's been a year since Scoville was made a reality here on Kickstarter, early this year many of you started planting your cute pepper meeples and fulfilling spicy chili recipes. From it's release it was clear that Scoville was going to be HOT. Scoville designer Ed Marriott wasted no time getting to work on expansion ideas. These were presented to the TMG team and here we are excited to present to you...Scoville Labs: an expansion for Scoville.

Scoville is a game about competing with the other players to breed hotter and hotter peppers which are then exchanged in various ways to obtain points. A round of Scoville consists of a blind auction, which determines player order, a planting phase, a harvesting phase, and a fulfillment phase. Each round, the players plant peppers in the fields. Throughout the game, the available opportunities for crossbreeding increase as more peppers are planted.

Competition is heating up in Scoville's Chili Pepper Festival. Competitors seeking the coveted Scoville trophy are using science to try and get an edge. Personal Labs are being built as Growers are studying their peppers trying to increase their quality and speed up the process to get the most heat. We think it started with the local high school's chemistry teacher. (Flames Rule!) Put on your safety goggles, this baby is about to boil.

Shortly after Scoville was released, Ed Marriott submitted several possible expansion ideas to TMG.  As we went through the various ideas we considered releasing one big expansion, but after some testing felt like it would add too much too quickly.  Scoville : Labs was the focused expansion that enhanced game play simply while also allowing us to sensibly get more peppers into players hands.  Labs opens up some options that felt restrained before, really enhancing the race to score Mayors Awards, fulfill Market Orders and Chili Recipes.

Labs introduces 3x3 personal lab boards to the game that players use to breed peppers outside of the influence of other players. You plant in your lab after planting on the main board, and when you do, you will collect new peppers based on what is adjacent in your lab. So, if you plant a black pepper next to a white pepper in your lab, then you will get a phantom pepper.

silent_rob

Dang, I've been so good lately...but I couldn't pass up the Scoville expansion.

NeikeDjour

QuoteTreasure Hunter by Richard Garfield and Queen Games is for 2-6 players ages 8 and up and plays in 35 min. Get as much valuable treasure and coins as you can. Everything counts at the end of this 5 round game. Draft your team of Treasure Hunters wisely. There are always 2 treasures available in each of the 3 seasons.

The treasure tiles are divided into two stacks and placed next to the two columns of MAX and MIN on the game board. MAX and MIN relates to the added total of points on the Treasure Hunter cards you play to gain a treasure, not to the value of the treasures you are placing on the game board. The better treasure can end up on the MIN space taking fewer points to obtain. Some treasures give you coins based on the type of cards you played or the number of Coin Cards you have. Watch out for treasure that isn't treasure at all.

The game board also includes a Goblin track. These Goblins are trying to take the players treasure away. Draft Dog Cards to scare the Goblins and take the Goblins' treasures for yourself instead.There are also Enhancement cards that can be added to your own Treasure Hunter cards to change the outcome of a hunt. Coin cards simply give you coins at the end of a round.

Treasures are placed on the game board first. Than all players are given a hand of 9 cards in which to draft from, drawing one card and passing to the left or the right depending on which round is being played. At the end of drafting all players will have a hand of 9 cards and a little knowledge of what the other players may have in their hands as well. All players must play any and all cards from their drafted hand of 9 for each season they have cards for, wither they want one of the two treasures or not.

The seasons are played in order, blue being the first. All players having cards for the Blue season play all there blue hero cards. The player with the high total of points at this time may be gaining the MAX treasure and the player with the low total points may be gaining the MIN treasure. Players that have a total number between the maximum and the minimum totals will gain no treasure, but all players that contributed a hero to this hunt have an opportunity to play any enhancement cards to their heroes or pass and save them for either of the next two seasons. Playing enhancement cards can change the outcome of a hunt. Winners take their treasure.

When all 3 seasons are completed; the Goblin track is played. Chase them off with Dog Cards or pay the price in coins shown on the tile. Goblins not scared off stay on the track collecting coins until they are. The player that can chase off any of the goblins gains those goblin tiles and all coins left by other players on those Goblins. Goblins and coins are worth points at the end of the game.

At the end of a round, cash in any coin cards you may have. Treasure tiles that gain you coins for cards you have played in any of the 3 seasons can be cashed in at this time or held on to and used at any time during a round. All cards not played are discarded. New treasure tiles are set out on the board. Goblin tiles are added to any open space. Each player is given a new hand of 9 cards and drafting begins again.

NeikeDjour

QuoteDraco Magi is a dueling card game designed by Robert Burke and Richard Launius. Nominated for the 2014 Best 2-Player Board Game Golden Geek Award, this expansion takes the game to the next level. The Draco Magi expansion includes 24 new dragon cards, 8 new battlefield cards, and new deck construction and drafting rules. With this expansion players will need to craft a deck from the plethora of dragons available before they face their opponents!

There are no promo cards, no booster packs, no hunting for the card you want. You only need one expansion for both players as it includes all the new cards for both the gold and the green factions.

NeikeDjour

I don't usually post expansions, definitely won't if I haven't played the base game. I really wanted to post the Draco Magi one because Draco Magi is one of my favourite 2 player non-collectable card games. It has amazing artwork, and I really like the design and play of the game. And it has a really reasonable price. $35 for the game and it's expansion. I bought the base game when it first came on KS, and am really excited for this expansion.

Lori

Quote from: NeikeDjour on September 08, 2015, 08:46:08 AM
I don't often post expansions, specially if I haven't played the base game. But I really wanted to post the Draco Magi one because Draco Magi is one of my favourite 2 player non-collectable card games. It has amazing artwork, and I really like the design and play of the game. And it has a really reasonable price. $35 for the game and it's expansion. I bought the base game when it first came on KS, and am really excited for this expansion.

The art is really stunning.