Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktown

Quote from: Tempest on June 24, 2015, 07:52:15 PM
Quote from: NeikeDjour on June 24, 2015, 06:28:47 PM
So if there is a kickstarter for Arcadia Quest... Group Buy? Lol

If it gives us more buying power, I'm in.

Ditto
Always open to trades, check out my collection

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/BrickTown

silent_rob

I was really interested in trying CS-Files after I saw Tom Vasel review it. But it looked like it was hard to import. Now it's been reimplemented in North America as Deception: Murder in Hong Kong and I just might have to back it.

RockBane

Quote from: the Kickstarter Page"The Americans were passing Intel to the Israelis, hoping that they'd act fast to grab the artefacts as a cultural priority, mainly to snub the Russians. They didn't know about the Stasi mole funnelling everything back to Moscow, or that their Damascus network was wide open. We had some agents in place throughout, but I didn't for a minute think we weren't compromised in some way or another. And my code N sources were feeding back whispers from the cultists that they'd got a solid lead on the origins of the pieces and were getting ready to move. The whole thing was a murky mess, and I needed to clean it up. The only thing I knew for sure was that we needed to neutralise half a dozen people in the next 24 hours... but who?"

World War Cthulhu: Cold War throws you into one of the most paranoid and chaotic conflicts of the 20th century. The tangled webs of the spymasters tear and rejoin, double and triple agents make their moves and counter-moves, and it's hard to be sure which side you're really working for. Nuclear destruction hangs over everyone, and a few people at the heart of western intelligence continue their personal battle against the insidious influence of a much older enemy...

This Kickstarter is for a new 1970s Cold War setting for the Call of Cthulhu Roleplaying Game.

As the superpowers face off in proxy wars and brutal espionage, a shadowy unit lodged parasitically within western intelligence struggles against an unknowable, ancient and evil alien threat. While operating on the front lines of the Cold War, investigators must also work as part of Section 46 to counter the influence of the Cthulhu Mythos.

In the murky world of cold war espionage, there is no such thing as certainty. Trust no one, and your conflicted loyalties to your home agency and Section 46 will see you betraying the trust placed in you in ways you could never have imagined.

If you love the novels of John Le Carré (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy et al), shows like Homeland, The Americans and The Sandbaggers, or comics like Greg Rucka's Queen & Country then this is the Call of Cthulhu setting for you!

We need your help to bring this setting to life with a bang, create the best core setting book possible and develop awesome expansions. As a backer, you can choose from a range of rewards including a copy of the hardcover core setting book, a deluxe edition of the core book, and a range of supplements to really get you started! There's loads more detail about what's included below in the Books section below.

The Cold War setting forms part of our wider World War Cthulhu line which covers a range of conflicts (see the FAQ for more info). You don't need any other World War Cthulhu products to play Cold War – it is a standalone setting – but it forms a part of the over-arching World War Cthulhu narrative. You will need a copy of Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu Rulebook to play.

World War Cthulhu: Cold War – the Setting

"Every now and again I'd hear whispers about Section 46, but in our line of work paranoia, mistrust and conspiracy are part of the landscape. I don't know you, apart from N's recommendation, so I don't know what you've picked up about us before now, but I solemnly promise that whatever you've heard, the truth is infinitely worse."

Western intelligence is possessed. Very few have heard of Section 46, and even fewer actually believe it exists, a loose cabal of agents drawn from across the western powers' intelligence and military apparatus. Agents who have had a brush with something unworldly, alien and evil. Agents like you.

You work for the shadowy spymaster N against the insidious influence of the Mythos, but the enigmatic H also haunts the dreams of many agents. Active players in the Cold War, you need to maintain the confidence of your 'home' agency amid an atmosphere of distrust and suspicion. At any one time you might be engaged in multiple missions for multiple agencies, but not really clear as to where any of them have come from. Which mission objectives are valid and which must be kept deniable? Which are right, which are wrong? And can you really tell the difference?

You are forced to deal with forces the human mind cannot comprehend – the balance of power, the threat of nuclear war, and the ever-present danger posed by the Mythos. You don't know who to trust any more – least of all yourself.

Covers:

I'm heading off on a digital trip
And that's what I plan to do!
I'm going away to a digital plain
And I ain't coming back real soon!

The whole thing is electrical!
It's running through my veins
That everything is connectable!

Hey! Digital....Hey! Digital....world, world, world!
~Going Digital

silent_rob

Ended up backing Apotheca - just looked too good to pass up. Plus it's hitting some nice stretch goals.

NeikeDjour

QuoteCardboard Clothing was founded to provide a way for boardgamers to express themselves and their love of the boardgaming hobby.

All of our designs are created by us and based on modern boardgame staples as well as some of our current favorite games. All of our shirts are screen printed by hand at Jerry's father's print shop in Salt Lake City, Utah, and all of our ties are handcrafted by Sierra in her apartment dining room in Denver, Colorado.The same passion that goes into our love of the boardgaming hobby also goes into our products. We aim to provide high quality, long lasting, good looking apparel that allows you to share your favorite games with others, and further grow this awesome community of ours.

Our designs are printed on a soft, 100% combed cotton shirt and are available in unisex AND ladies sizes of XS-4XL.

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

silent_rob

I'm liking a few of the shirts in that Kickstarter. Might have to look at backing it.

silent_rob

I ended up backing Deception. Now to avoid Kickstarter for a while!

Lori

Quote from: silent_rob on July 20, 2015, 10:00:38 AM

Deception reminds me a bit of Mysterium and I think it will be a great group game.  I almost went for it but decided to keep the funds for GenCon (and fall) releases that I know I'll end up getting. 

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Lori on July 20, 2015, 10:09:04 AM

Deception reminds me a bit of Mysterium and I think it will be a great group game.  I almost went for it but decided to keep the funds for GenCon (and fall) releases that I know I'll end up getting.

I was tempted on getting it but I don't know if it's a game I need in my collection or if I'll just be good with playing someone else's copy. Usually when I'm unsure now I hold off. (I'm getting better at this whole kickstarter thing! I can finally look but not buy. Hahaha) If it's the kind of game I want in my collection, I can get it later. Looks great though and I'm really looking forward to seeing it come out to game night!
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

silent_rob

Quote from: NeikeDjour on July 20, 2015, 11:12:00 AM
Quote from: Lori on July 20, 2015, 10:09:04 AM

I was tempted on getting it but I don't know if it's a game I need in my collection or if I'll just be good with playing someone else's copy. Usually when I'm unsure now I hold off. (I'm getting better at this whole kickstarter thing! I can finally look but not buy. Hahaha) If it's the kind of game I want in my collection, I can get it later. Looks great though and I'm really looking forward to seeing it come out to game night!

I was waffling on Deception because I already have Mysterium. But I dug the differences/added elements and how it added roles (almost like Bang!). Plus I've been looking forward to getting this game ever since I saw a review of the original Chinese version, last year. So in the end I just couldn't pass it up.