Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

silent_rob

Really interested in Apotheca after I saw it on Rahdo. I think I might have to take the plunge on this one.

QuoteAcross the land, an invitation has summoned the most clever apprentices: a chance to enter the secret potion society. The cutthroat members, the Apothecaries, have grown too savvy of each other's schemes. They've chosen you to compete in their black market game! Conjuring powerful magic and deception, outwit your adversaries, and you too might join Apotheca.

Apotheca is a 30-minute, potion-crafting strategy game for 2-4 players ages 14 and up.

Devise your plans by hiding ingredients in the marketplace. Reveal secrets to collect precious gems. Recruit powerful apothecaries to do your bidding. The first apprentice to make three potions becomes a member of the secret potion society!

Only clever folk can navigate this mysterious market. Can you master the world of Apotheca?

• Asymmetric Powers – Each of the 15 apothecaries boasts a unique ability to manipulate potions in the market, from familiar movements to innovative brain benders. Combine your powers to set up potion matches your opponents won't anticipate!
  • Hidden Information – Deduction is key to Apotheca. Only you know the true identity of the secret potions you bring to the market, creating a rich level of strategy when combined with the apothecary powers. But don't worry, this isn't a memory game - the arrows on the back of the potion cards indicate who placed them, so you can peek at your secret potions at any time!
  • Challenging Choices – Your actions are limited each turn. The tradeoff between hidden information, resource gathering and board control makes it challenging and satisfying to craft the perfect plan. Counter your opponents' powers by starving them of information, build up resources to prepare for the end-game, and bluff your way to victory when your opponent least suspects it.
  • Easy to Learn, Hard to Master – Apotheca is deceptively simple. Just when you think you've mastered the many apothecary powers and endless board positions, a refreshingly creative move will leave you thirsty for more potion-brewing. We've seen a countless number of Apotheca games, and are still surprised by the strategies of new players and veterans alike.

Rosencrantz

It's a tad pricey I think, but I had to back The Galleristhttps://www.kickstarter.com/projects/167427101/the-gallerist-a-game-by-vital-lacerda-the-art-of-s?ref=nav_search

QuoteThe Age of Art and capitalism has created the need for a new occupation -- The Gallerist. Blending the talents of an Art dealer, museum curator, and Artists' manager, you are about to take on that job! You will promote and nurture Artists; buy, display, and sell their Art; and build and exert your international Influence. As a result, you will achieve the respect needed to draw visitors to your Gallery from all over the world. There's a lot of work to be done, but don't worry, you can hire assistants to help you. There's a long queue of unemployed Art aficionados lined up, hoping to work with someone of your stature. Build your fortune by running the most lucrative Gallery ever, and thus win the game by:

• having visitors in your gallery;
  • exhibiting and selling works of art;
  • investing in artists' promotion to increase art value;
  • achieving trends and notoriety as well as curator and dealer goals.

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

Lori

Tempest

I don't know if it's up on Kickstarter yet, but there's another Arcadia Quest (stand-alone?) expansion coming this year that I'll probably be buying. If I find out before anyone else I'll post it up.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Tempest on June 23, 2015, 10:15:00 AM
I don't know if it's up on Kickstarter yet, but there's another Arcadia Quest (stand-alone?) expansion coming this year that I'll probably be buying. If I find out before anyone else I'll post it up.
:o

Details~~~~

Tempest

Quote from: NeikeDjour on June 23, 2015, 10:23:05 AM

Details~~~~

Ah yis, this is the same information I had too ;p
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Bricktown

Take my money :D

Quote from: Tempest on June 23, 2015, 11:13:33 PM
Quote from: NeikeDjour on June 23, 2015, 10:23:05 AM

Details~~~~

Ah yis, this is the same information I had too ;p
Always open to trades, check out my collection

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/BrickTown

NeikeDjour

So if there is a kickstarter for Arcadia Quest... Group Buy? Lol

Tempest

Quote from: NeikeDjour on June 24, 2015, 06:28:47 PM
So if there is a kickstarter for Arcadia Quest... Group Buy? Lol

If it gives us more buying power, I'm in.