Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

QuoteMottainai (もったいない) -- Don't waste, use everything: every little thing has a soul.

Mottainai is a card game, a new spiritual successor in the Glory to Rome line. It packs deep gameplay with all the things you would expect from a Carl Chudyk game into a small package. Our goal was to create a very satisfying and short game. Something you can play dozens of times, with different results and experiences on every occasion!

Each player is a worker in a Buddhist temple, creating works to display and sell to the visitors and tourists who come by. These works are made of materials of varying value -- determining both the difficulty to complete the work and its worth to you. Completed works can be displayed in your Gallery to train your helpers, or in your Gift Shop to allow you to make sales. In the end, the winner will be the player with the most valuable completed works, sales, and backorders.

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

RockBane

I'm heading off on a digital trip
And that's what I plan to do!
I'm going away to a digital plain
And I ain't coming back real soon!

The whole thing is electrical!
It's running through my veins
That everything is connectable!

Hey! Digital....Hey! Digital....world, world, world!
~Going Digital

TrevorL

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all the support you have provided. Just a reminder that Crop Cycle is in its final weekend!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1776342422/crop-cycle-2015

NeikeDjour

Quote from: TrevorL on May 29, 2015, 08:09:06 PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for all the support you have provided. Just a reminder that Crop Cycle is in its final weekend!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1776342422/crop-cycle-2015

Congrats! :D

NeikeDjour

QuoteEther Wars is a sci-fi and fantasy board game that dives into an epic conflict between races in a vast universe, with dynamic strategies and abstract gaming that mixes cards, probability (dice... pretty customized dice), and resource management. Change tactics on a moments notice in order to acquire the precious resources of Etheria. Be prepared... outwit your friends in crucial decisions and become the most powerful species in the universe!
We strived to create a DIFFERENT game experience.

We took elements of RTS and MOBA videogames (which we also love) and combined them with board game mechanics that we've always enjoyed to create the game we really want to play.The result is a new kind of strategy game; where you have to create your own path to victory, reading your enemy's intentions, managing your luck, and keeping in mind the advantages and characteristics of your species. The dice-token system we implemented opens the doors to vast amount of strategy and tactical deployment, as well as a significant amount of calculation of probabilities in the decision making process.On top of that, the mechanics of the cards will give the players the possibility of surprising their adversaries and creating strategies that affect all the elements in the game, including chance.

Each player will represent one of the four species participating in the tournament, each with their own abilities and characteristics (Take a look at their back stories on our site!). Lead your troops (yeah! your own funky little minions!) guided by your powerful Hero and take difficult strategic decisions.

The game structure is in "days", which are rounds of play. Each of these days has a logical sequence of seven stages. Once you have gone through a couple of these days you'll know how to play and see that Ether Wars is easy to learn yet deep in possibilities!

NeikeDjour

QuoteWelcome Adventurers! Enter the world of Middara, a land of magic and monsters where no one ages, treasures abound, and your average citizen knows what a cell phone is. In this choose-your-own style adventure miniatures board game, you and up to 4 of your friends can explore this ultra-modern fantasy setting as you face moral dilemmas, battle lethal opponents, pursue personal goals, and make strategic and political decisions that can radically change the outcome of the game. Some characters may die, some may fail, others will hopefully succeed. It all comes down to your decisions.

With over 20 hours of narrative driven content, hundreds of unique abilities and items, and an innovative dice-based combat system, Middara is a game that you can play again and again yet never play the same game twice.

In combat, players and antagonists alike have access to unique two-dice combinations that affect their offensive and defensive capabilities. The game includes nine different types of dice that don't just have numbers, but also have symbols on each face that correspond to players' equipped weapons and abilities. This, along with 110 unique abilities and 111 unique equipment pieces, means that the possibilities for different character builds are vast.

Game Play Features

- Fifth player variant - a fully integrated rule set that allows a player to control all of the antagonists in the game.
- Stand alone scenarios for when you aren't playing with your campaign group, or even when you are!
- Over 110 unique abilities and 111 unique pieces of equipment.
- Campaign character progression via a point-buy system allowing players to ditch traditional classes, and instead focus on building the character they want to play.
- A.I. controlled monsters, NPCs, challenges, traps, and other narrative driven obstacles.
- Over 30 modular map tiles representing different locations in the world, such as magical forests, caves, swamps and even an airship!
- Unique dice-based success system, featuring multiple dice that players can upgrade throughout the campaign.
- Narrative driven campaign that contains over 20 hours of content.

NeikeDjour

Quote"World of Mythology" is an unpredictable card game in which you play for the gods from ancient mythologies.
The main goal in the game is to beat the opponents and collect as many points as possible.

You play for one mythology, but you get a random hand of cards from all mythologies.  You can beat opponent's card with the same mythology (by card with a bigger number) or with a card of your mythology. If you don't have such strong card, you drop 1 card (backside) on the table. 1 circle = a stake of 4 cards on the table (for 4 players). When you beat a card with a god from your mythology, you activate his power automatically. You can play either by rounds (counting just victories) or by reaching to the exact point level (victory by reaching 500 points, for example).

NeikeDjour

QuoteThe King has died childless and the land has had its last days of peace and prosperity. Now the power hungry nobles each see their opportunity to seize the throne and launch a war without mercy to assert their own rights. Only force of arms, and the gold to pay for it, matters. Who shall succeed to grab the throne in the chaos that ensues?

Melee is a 20 minute "war game" for 2-4 players that is nasty, brutish and short!  You want to be the first person to capture an opposing castle (at which point the game ends immediately) or to have the most land and gold at the end of the year.

Money is tight, and gold is used in the game both to build new units and to attack. The more gold you have and spend on your troops, the more motivated they will be and the higher your probability of success.  Each player starts the game with a Castle, one unit of foot soldiers, and 15 gold coins. The game begins with a drafting session in which you purchase units (soldiers, knights, camps and catapults) and bid on special abilities that will enhance your income, attack, or other options in the game.

The game is then played over four turns (seasons), and in each turn players simultaneously choose one of three potential actions: (a) tax, (b) build new units, or (c) move and attack. Each turn ends with players collecting income.

To attack, you move your unit into an occupied area, then secretly decide how much gold you will spend to motivate your troops. The defender then has to guess how much you have spent. If the defender guesses wrong, the attack succeeds; if the defender is correct, the attack fails and you lose your unit. Regardless of success you have spent your gold, so the tight trade-off that players have to assess is whether to be cheap with your men so that you can conserve gold for future builds and attacks, or be generous to increase your chances now but limit future options.

The different abilities available in each game make for varied strategies and strong replayability as no two games are alike. After the initial strategic planning stage, Melee is fast and highly interactive. Beware as the game can end suddenly with a bold attack on an inadequately defended castle, making for a game that can be very nasty, brutish and short.

RockBane

They pull you into blackened depths, leap at you from shadows, dive at you from the skies, swarm from cracks in the walls, or break you to pieces as you scream for mercy. Then one night you realize the truth: you are the monster in the dream, and all the other monsters are your family.

In Beast: the Primordial, you take the role of one of the Begotten, descendants of an ancient nightmare creature called the Dark Mother. Beasts view each other -- and the other supernatural creatures of the World of Darkness -- as family, which means that Beast is explicitly designed to be crossover-friendly, both in terms of game mechanics and setting.

Beware, though. Just because the Begotten see the vampires, werewolves, mages, changelings, and mummies as kin, doesn't mean the feeling is mutual.

Beast: the Primordial is the tenth game in the new World of Darkness, and has been written with the nWoD 2nd Edition rules set. It includes complete information on creating Beast characters, rules for playing and running Beast and crossover chronicles, a chapter devoted to Beasts around the world, and a complete adventure written in the Storytelling Adventure System, entitled The Morning After.

But you can see what Beast: The Primordial is all about yourself by checking out the 99% completed text here:

This Beast: the Primordial Kickstarter is designed to enable us to create a prestige hardcover edition designed to match the look and feel of our other New World of Darkness core rulebooks such as Vampire: The Requiem, Changeling: The Lost, or Demon: the Descent. 

We want to create an 8.5" x 11" hard cover with a beautifully designed, symbolic cover image printed on a metallic under layer, and featuring an emboss/deboss of the logo. We estimate the book to be more than 320 pages, with a two-color interior and endpapers on high quality paper stock featuring all new artwork.

We're going to publish this as a PDF and as a Print on Demand physical book regardless of how this Kickstarter turns out, but we know that a fair percentage of our community would like to set this newest nWoD game on their shelves with the previous game lines.

As with our previous successful KSs such as Demon: The Descent, nWoD Dark Eras, and Deluxe V20 Lore of the Clans, we are trying to find ways to give our backers the chance to have a say in the kind of package we'll deliver and to further foster the community of World of Darkness fans around the world. Some of the text was reviewed and commented on by fans on the Beast Blogs, and critical changes were made based on your input. We had a blast talking with the community during the previous KSs and fully hope that every backer of this KS will enjoy commenting here.

We have a great community and want to hear from more of you, so please comment away!

It's pretty easy. Contribute any amount you want, bearing in mind the levels of contribution and their commensurate rewards over there on the right. If we hit our $50K goal, you'll get the reward that goes with your level of contribution. PDFs versions will be made available first in the form of a coupon from our online sales partner, DriveThruRPG. 

In keeping with the Family of Monsters crossover-friendly theme within the book, we are offering a special PDF Reward Tier that include both the Beast: the Primordial PDF and a PDF of the core book of one of our other nWoD game lines (The edition of the other core book will the latest we have at the time, but don't worry, there are quick conversion guides for all of the lines in Beast).

The full listing of the Family of Monsters reward tier choices are:

All Night Society: The Beast PDF as well as a PDF of Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition.
    Hunting Party: The Beast PDF as well as a PDF of Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition.
    Forbidden Wisdom: The Beast PDF as well as a PDF of Mage: the Awakening (1st or 2nd Edition depending on which is current at the time these rewards are sent).
    Strange Bedfellows: The Beast PDF as well as a PDF of Promethean: the Created (1st or 2nd Edition depending on which is current at the time these rewards are sent).
    No More Heroes: The Beast PDF as well as a PDF of Hunter: the Vigil (1st or 2nd Edition depending on which is current at the time these rewards are sent).
    Shared Nightmares:The Beast PDF as well as a PDF of Changeling: the Lost (1st or 2nd Edition depending on which is current at the time these rewards are sent).
    For Tomorrow We Die: The Beast PDF as well as a PDF of Geist: the Sin-Eaters.
    Ancient Nightmares:The Beast PDF as well as a PDF of Mummy: the Curse.
    All Of Us Against The Stranger: The Beast PDF as well as a PDF of Demon: the Descent.

We will ask you which of the other core game books you want on the Backer Survey that we'll send out after the KS is over.

The Beast: the Primordial Prestige Edition will take multiple months from the closing date to print and ship. We will contact contributors in the upper tiers with details on their rewards.

You can Add-on the PDFs listed below to any Reward Tier pledge that already includes a PDF by clicking on your Reward Tier to the right, and then when you get to the pledge page that confirms your pledge amount, manually changing the amount of your pledge from the base Reward amount to that Reward amount plus the amount of each Add-on that you want as listed below : 

+ $10 for both of the classic WoD: Antagonists and WoD: Glimpses of the Unknown PDFs.

+ $15 for all three of the classic WoD: Mysterious Places, WoD: Midnight Roads, and WoD: Urban Legends PDFs.

+ $15 for any one core rulebook PDF from the following list: Vampire: the Requiem 2nd Edition, Werewolf: the Forsaken 2nd Edition, Mage: the Awakening 2nd Edition, Promethean: the Created 2nd Edition, Changeling: the Lost 1st Edition, Hunter: the Vigil 1st Edition, Geist: the Sin-Eaters 1st Edition, Mummy: the Curse 1st Edition, Demon: the Descent 1st Edition, or nWoD 2nd Edition.

You can add on the Beast: the Primordial Storyteller's Screen to any reward tier that offers a physical book:

I'm heading off on a digital trip
And that's what I plan to do!
I'm going away to a digital plain
And I ain't coming back real soon!

The whole thing is electrical!
It's running through my veins
That everything is connectable!

Hey! Digital....Hey! Digital....world, world, world!
~Going Digital

NeikeDjour

QuoteIn these lands - filled with wizardy spells, rowdy pirates, space whales, troll lords and chickens - every adventurer worth their sword is on a quest for cool treasures! But, to get there you may have to pass through some tall grass... Will your champions defeat all of the random encounters standing between you and epic loot?

Random Encounter is a strategic number game for all ages that is quick to play, easy to learn and fantastically fun.

Players build 'encounters' made up of various creatures and to try and win as many battles as possible at the table in the pursuit of loot! Each fully customisable deck is made up of different leveled creature cards along with several trick creature cards to throw your opponents off guard.

2 or more players compete to reach 5 loot before other players by either winning the most battles or stealing loot from the coffers of their fallen enemies. You still want more? Sure! Random Encounter will be opened up to the community where everyone will get the chance to design new sets in quarterly competition rounds where the most popular set each round will go into full print(!!).

The game and pixel art is being created by Jamie Keddie (creator of Jackpot! and Artist on Minecraft: Console Edition) of Joyride Games who has extensive experience with both card and video games design. Random Encounter combines these things in a new, fun, package for everyone to enjoy!