Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori

So I got my Daedalus inserts last night (Caverna, Dead of Winter, Small World).  I went and downloaded the assembly pages and the Dead of Winter instructions are 12 pages long! 

This ought to be interesting... 

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Lori on April 30, 2015, 09:52:09 AM
So I got my Daedalus inserts last night (Caverna, Dead of Winter, Small World).  I went and downloaded the assembly pages and the Dead of Winter instructions are 12 pages long! 

This ought to be interesting...
Did you get a tracking number? Our bulk order was a bit bigger, so it might be a bit longer.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Lori

Yes.  It came with this title: USPS - Click-N-Ship(R) Notification

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Lori on April 30, 2015, 11:04:23 AM
Yes.  It came with this title: USPS - Click-N-Ship(R) Notification
Ok, thanks. Now I know what to be on the lookout for.

RockBane

Quote from: Kickstarter QuoteA completely new combat system- Gruff's combat mechanics create a constant state of counter-play. When an enemy attacks, you have your entire turn to dodge out of the way, mount your defenses, and launch a counterattack!

It's is all about the goats!-  Create a team of three goats that begin the game in play and stay in play throughout the game. They are your source of damage, defense, and resources.
I'm heading off on a digital trip
And that's what I plan to do!
I'm going away to a digital plain
And I ain't coming back real soon!

The whole thing is electrical!
It's running through my veins
That everything is connectable!

Hey! Digital....Hey! Digital....world, world, world!
~Going Digital

Lori

From the makers of Antidote:

Swamped

QuoteSwamped is a game for 2-4 adventurers that plays in about 30 minutes and expands the vibrant world of Antidote. In addition to a one-of-a-kind theme, there are 6 core elements that make Swamped incredibly fun and a surprisingly unique gaming experience:

1. Player-shared pieces: All players share ownership of the same tiny boat in the swamp, so the actions of any one player impact every other player directly.

2. Secret and shared objectives: Everyone knows the main objective, but each player also has a hidden goal that might lead the whole expedition into deadly peril!

3. Player controlled game-length: Players can speed-up or slow-down the game depending on their preference. Some will try to get out of the swamp quickly, while others will delay until they've collected precisely the right combination of treasures.

4. Surprise ending: It is unlikely that anyone can know with 100% certainty who has won the game before each player's secret objective is revealed, leading to an exciting reveal at the very end!

5. Efficient use of physical components: Despite its small size (35 cards and 2 pieces), most cards have multiple uses and orientations leading to a surprisingly rich gaming experience.

6. Variable game map: As players move deeper into the swamp, the swamp expands from the action card deck, opening up unique adventure opportunities every time you play.

Lori

This one looks interesting:  Salvation Road

QuoteMany who've survived the apocalypse wish that they hadn't...

There isn't much left. Life is a game of survival. You've taken residence in a compound in the desert with several other survivors. Every day is a battle against hunger, disease, gangs that take what they want, and most of all, DEATH. And you are losing that battle...

You and your group have made the decision to try to find a rumored safe haven, an upstart community that is resource-rich and, most importantly, safe. You know you are going to need resources, most of all fuel for your truck, if you are going to survive the journey to Salvation!

Salvation Road is a cooperative game for 1-4 players (playable by up to 8 with a variant).

Each player controls 1 Hero character and 1 Survivor character. Together, you need to gather enough resources to survive the dangerous journey to Salvation. The nearby abandoned town of Maldito provides your best chance of finding what you need.

The thematic board will engross you in the game. Almost as if you truly are the characters and are discussing your plans at the table!

QuoteThere are location cards you will place on the Maldito map in the middle of the board. With the amazing art, a curious person looking at the game may not even notice that these are actually cards on the board!

"We found an old instant camera and have been using it to take photos of locations that could contain some supplies. This helps us plan our best move since it is EXTREMELY dangerous to leave the compound." ~Carl

QuoteYou'll explore these locations and find the resources you desperately need. But each time, the marauder threat will grow. Each round, you will have to survive some marauder attacks and apocalyptic events such as Famine, War, Pestilence, and Death. With only some location cards in play, your experiences and potential strategy choices will vary from game to game!

Quote"We can't just hang around forever. When we think we have what we need for the trip we will leave in our truck and make way for Salvation." ~Rosa

Throughout the game you will have the opportunity to scout ahead and learn what challenges lie on the road to Salvation. The road card backs (bottom card below) will indicate what TYPES of resources you will need, but not how many. If you are able to explore them, you will be able to flip them over and see exactly what you need. It is rare you will be able to reveal all of the road cards and even if you do, there is always a toll that must be paid when you arrive at the gates of Salvation!

NeikeDjour

QuoteBlackout is a dark adventure game for 2-5 players. Players take control of 1 or more characters and venture out into the Northern Wastes in search of glory and renown. Blackout is a mission-based leveling system that offers savage combat and rewarding exploration.

Over the years, various groups have passed through Sector 44. One of those groups in particular has been successful in entering the Black Zones and retrieving valuable supplies and technology. These individuals have come into contact with the Brood and prevailed, destroying the parasites they encountered. They are referred to as "Outlanders" and pride themselves on their ability to live freely on the surface. Demand for the Outlander bands is common in the Northern Wastes, as settlements above and beneath the surface have no choice but to hire them out if they wish to survive. They do whatever is needed: gathering food, technology, or weapons and even retrieving those foolish enough to venture into the Black Zones on their own. The Outlander teams deliver and are worth every penny.

The Brood is a sect of creatures that have taken up residence in many cities throughout the Northern Wastes, preferring to dwell within the subterranean systems beneath the great cities of man. They are parasitic in nature and require their food source to be a living, breathing subject in order to survive. It is said that The Brood have always been with us, hidden out of view, waiting for the right opportunity to makes their presence known. When the world went black and the screaming finally stopped, they emerged from their places of hiding on and beneath the surface, cutting down and feeding on any living thing that stood in their way.

t is commonly referred to as "The Event," a moment that changed history in a mere few seconds. This catastrophic event is one that only the old timers were alive to witness, and most of them are long dead. The Event itself is as much a mystery as it is a legend, with any real details of explanation lost to years of storytelling and embellishment. In the end, it does not matter; the world was ripped apart with billions dead and many more left to die from infighting, disease, and starvation. Within days of The Event, man retreated from his modern cities, now inhabited by parasitic creatures that prey on the weak. Whoever unlucky enough or foolish enough to set foot inside these decaying metropolises known as "Black Zones" is quickly whisked away as scores of vile creatures pour from openings beneath the streets, eager to feed on anything that wanders too close.

There is no safety inside the Black Zones. Many of the abandoned cities still contain medical supplies, technology and raw materials. While humanity struggles outsides the city walls, nestled safety beneath hundreds of feet of earth, the Parasitic Brood lie in wait, eager to feed on anyone setting foot with the zone.

Beneath the crumbling cities, a vast network of subterranean pathways exists. These vast underground chambers are vital to the Brood's survival. With these tunnels, The Brood emerged to feed on mankind after the great fall. It is these same tunnels they continue to thrive unmolested. Many of the nomadic Unification kill teams have attempted to cleanse these zones but all have been unsuccessful, for the network beneath the surface is vast.

In recent years, the need to enter these occupied cities has increased. Many years ago, mankind retreated safely beneath the surface, occupying abandoned shelters, bases, and silos. The remnants of humanity stockpiled and scavenged in and around the surface of their new homes, eventually building shanty-like settlements above their subsurface dwellings. Gated and fortified, these have stood for years and protected the citizens of the Northern Wastes from the rampant theft and violence that is common.Over these last few years, supplies have dwindled, and settlements have been forced to find methods to explore the cities they fled from so many years before.

The world of Blackout is comprised of sectors that divide up the region referred to as The Northern Wastes. Over the years, areas have been sectioned off into sectors, with each sector containing a number of zones within. Many of these zones are dangerous, while others contain small settlements or underground facilities and offer opportunities to trade or rest. Your introduction to the world of Blackout begins in Sector 44, hundreds of feet below the surface in the remnants of a crumbling missile base.

Lori

There's a certain theme here from these last few...

Without having looked into it, I understand this one is a Mad Max theme by designer Richard Launius (Arkham Horror, Run Fight or Die, Elder Sign, etc). New from 8th Summit: Defenders of the Last Stand

QuoteABOUT THE DESIGNER RICHARD LAUNIUS

Richard Launius has been active in game designer since the late 70s, when he designed many games for his personal enjoyment.  His first publication was in 1987 with the original Arkham Horror from Chaosium .  Arkham Horror may very well be the first hobby co-operative board game.  Since 2005 when Fantasy Flight picked up and published the latest version of Arkham Horror, Richard has been prolific as a designer and now designs full time. His designs include Run Fight or Die!, Defenders of the Realm,  Elder Sign, Pirates vs Dinosaurs,  Ace Detective, Alien Uprising and one of my (Jason Maxwell) personal favorite's,  Dragon Rampage.  8th Summit has two upcoming titles of Richard's in the works entitled Gods of Adventure and Saving Time. 

TrevorL

Hello everyone,

My name is Trevor Lehmann and while I am technically from Manitoba (Winnipeg area), I have begun to make a habit of traveling to Saskatchewan to attend gaming conventions.

My first game Crop Cycle is currently on Kickstarter (project name: Crop Cycle 2015) and is my homage to prairie agriculture. Players navigate the four seasons as they plant and harvest Crops for points. Use Event cards to prevent other players from doing the same. The first to 5 harvest points wins the game!

Whether you have a competitive streak or just enjoy agriculture, you will find something to love in Crop Cycle!

All the cards prairie photographs as their basis (it doesn't get more homegrown then this!)

You can find the project here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1776342422/crop-cycle-2015