Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockBane

Ok, not sure if these links will work but...

Create your own treehouse!: Best Tree House EVER!

A dice tower for you Cthulhu fans: Cthulhu Dice Tower

A game of Magic and a co-op game: Wizard's Academy

Here's a game where you play a animal magic user: Wizards of the Wild
I'm heading off on a digital trip
And that's what I plan to do!
I'm going away to a digital plain
And I ain't coming back real soon!

The whole thing is electrical!
It's running through my veins
That everything is connectable!

Hey! Digital....Hey! Digital....world, world, world!
~Going Digital

craftybernardo

Funded my first kickstarter ! :excited

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/532062403/posthuman?ref=nav_search

Estimated delivery of October 2015 so here is hoping I have it for 24 hours to play with your food

Lori

That's an interesting looking one.

NeikeDjour

Quote from: craftybernardo on April 07, 2015, 10:23:32 AM

Estimated delivery of October 2015 so here is hoping I have it for 24 hours to play with your food

Woooo!  :excited Now you can get sucked in like the rest of us!  :D
The greatest tip I can give you is to pad their delivery date by 2 months at least. Lots of things can back a project up that the developer has no control over like manufacturers, shipping, delivery and customs.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Lori

Quote from: NeikeDjour on April 07, 2015, 11:44:14 AM
Quote from: craftybernardo on April 07, 2015, 10:23:32 AM

Woooo!  :excited Now you can get sucked in like the rest of us!  :D
The greatest tip I can give you is to pad their delivery date by 2 months at least. Lots of things can back a project up that the developer has no control over like manufacturers, shipping, delivery and customs.

Unfortunately, very true.  I've been tracking every kickstarter I've backed here on the forum: Kickstarter Backed Projects and it ain't pretty

PhotoJim

Quote from: Lori on April 07, 2015, 12:30:52 PM
Unfortunately, very true.  I've been tracking every kickstarter I've backed here on the forum: Kickstarter Backed Projects and it ain't pretty

On the plus side, I get considerably less kickback about my hobbies now...
Avidly gaming since 1972.

RockBane

Well, I found a Canadian created comic called The Costume Shop: A Horror Comedy Adventure and Pledged to it.  Afterwards, I found another comic called Tribes of Kai, only they ship only to the US.  I'm hoping that they'll be offering it on their home page so I can get my own copy.

Found a dungeon building game called Orcs Must Die!

And for you dragon lovers: Epyllion: a Dragon Epic
I'm heading off on a digital trip
And that's what I plan to do!
I'm going away to a digital plain
And I ain't coming back real soon!

The whole thing is electrical!
It's running through my veins
That everything is connectable!

Hey! Digital....Hey! Digital....world, world, world!
~Going Digital

silent_rob

Someone's Kickstarting a "Card Coffin" for Cards Against Humanity here.

It's exactly what you'd expect (or maybe not) - a small, wooden coffin to store your Cards Against Humanity cards. Though it's apparently meant to be used as you play with a little "tombstone" card to divide the discards from the rest.

However, it only holds the base game and "nearly" 4 expansions. I have all 6 of the main expansions and all of the holiday/pack expansions as well making this is a no-go, unfortunately. So I'll be sticking with the Bigger Blacker Box expansion to house my cards but it's still a neat idea.

Lori

For fans of Evolution, you can now get the expansion Evolution: Flight

This kickstarter also lets you pledge for the 2nd edition of Evolution with all revisions including updated art, changes to the food system and modified card abilities (replacement cards for 1st ed also available).

QuoteIn the Evolution game system, players adapt their species in a dynamic ecosystem where food is scarce and predators lurk. Traits like Hard Shell and Horns protect your species from Carnivores, while a Long Neck help them reach food others can't.

The first edition of Evolution was a finalist for the Escapist's 2014 Board Game of the Year and four-time Golden Geek nominee. This Kickstarter campaign improves the system with two major releases:

Evolution (Second Edition) - With the benefit of feedback from thousands of plays, we've implemented many improvements, making an already-great game better. We've made adjustments to 90% of the cards in the game. Note: You can get 2nd Edition cards through this Kickstarter at no extra cost if we reach the first stretch goal. We've set that stretch goal deliberately low.

Evolution: Flight Expansion - this expansion enriches your experience by giving you the ability to create avian species. Flight gives your creatures enormous advantages, like the ability to evade non-flying predators and soar to a new location when food is scarce. But it also has a cost: avian creatures have to eat an enormous amount of food to maintain those advantages! That's the dilemma you'll face, just like real avian creatures in the wild.

Evolution 2nd Edition Base Game

The core mechanics of the 1st Edition are unchanged, and there are many tutorials around the web from which to learn the game; we recommend, for example, this video from The Dice Tower, which begins with an excellent how-to-play segment.

For the 2nd Edition, we've made a number of changes, of three different kinds: better art, adjusted card functions for the benefit of tournament players, and an adjustment to the food system to give new players a better experience. You can read the complete, detailed list of changes here, and here are examples of the improved art:

The Flight Expansion

With this expansion, you may now choose between creating a normal species and creating a flying species. See the complete rules here. Flying species have special costs and advantages:

Costs

You must discard 2 cards instead of 1 to create a flying species.
    Flying species have a maximum body size of 3 instead of 6.
    Avian species have an upkeep cost of food equal to their Body Size. The upkeep cost simulates the amount of food needed to maintain wings.

Advantages

Some of the new expansion traits, like Dive-Bomb and Brood Parasite, only work for flying creatures.
    A species with Flight may take food from the Cliff, giving it an extra source of food.
    A species with Flight cannot be attacked unless the attacking Carnivore also has the Flight trait.
    If a species with Flight also has the Carnivore trait, you may discard from your hand to negate Symbiosis, Warning Call, or Climbing for when it attacks.

The expansion doesn't change the base game's core mechanics, so it's a snap to learn, even while it changes strategies and tactics dramatically! 

NeikeDjour

QuoteNinja All-StarsĀ® features fully assembled, high quality miniatures and exciting community-building, league-style gameplay!

Build a team of elite ninja and compete for honor and glory against rival clans. Games pit 2 - 4 players against one another in a series of challenges to earn the favor of the Moon Princess. Between challenges, ninja earn experience to gain new abilities and combat aptitudes. As leader of your clan, you guide the growth of your team, including hiring powerful Heroes and Ronin to aid your cause. In Ninja All-Stars each player builds a team of ninja to compete in the Moonlight Tournament. During the Moonlight Tournament each game represents a challenge given to the opposing teams by the Moon Princess. The winner of the challenge earns the favor of the Moon Princess. But before you are ready to draw a blade you must learn to walk. Ninja All-Stars really shines when you play it over many games with your team changing and growing over the course of a full Moonlight Tournament. After each game in the league, ninjas earn experience and gain abilities. Sometimes ninja are injured and may have to sit out the next game. Players can also spend Koban to recruit new ninjas, including powerful Clan Heroes and Ronin!

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List