Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

It's not a very complex game but... Pandas. :3
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Lori

I think I'm going to end up passing on those cute Pandas because something else caught my eye and I'm TRYING to use more willpower with Kickstarter.

This is a co-operative heist game called Burgle Bros. which is from the maker of the very cool, scrabble-esque, deck builder, Paperback.  The Kickstarter page video for Burgle Bros is definitely worth a watch!  (Tim Fowers is also the creator of Wok Star)

Watch a of Burgle Bros.

Actually feels like a heist. Make a plan, of course something goes wrong, so you adapt and help each other out with unique powers.

Innovative movement system for guards - partially predictable, partially deducible, but still can turn the corner at just the wrong time.

Action ramps up to a climatic ending - once you have all the goods, guards are moving fast, you are out of stealth and you have to risk it all to get to the roof.

Push your luck or play it safe - your decisions impact everyone

Be sneaky - Find clever solutions to get out of sticky situations

Rogue-like boardgame - each game creates a unique puzzle

Swap floors and think in 3 dimensions to evade the guards

Gorgeous Art - Stylized characters in a modern building.

Plot twist!  Events can save the day or wreck your plan.

Cool tools like an Smokebomb, EMP - even Donuts!

Acrobat - A Retired Performer, moves through the guards.
    Spotter - A Psychic Gone Rogue, looks at guard's next patrol.
    Juicer - The Electronics Expert, triggers alarms remotely.
    Hawk - The Recon Pro, peeks far away for free.
    Rook - The Mastermind - moves other players.
    Hacker - The Computer Guy, hacks from anywhere on a floor with wifi.
    Raven - A Maverick Falconer, distracts the guard with her crow.
    Rigger - A Tinkerer Savant, has dynamite to blow up walls.
    Peterman - Combinatorics Expert, Cracks safes and keypads.

RockBane

Here's an interesting one, it's called Faith and it's a card RPG made by people in London, UK.

Another game is WITCH which is another over sea's game.

Seem like fun games.
I'm heading off on a digital trip
And that's what I plan to do!
I'm going away to a digital plain
And I ain't coming back real soon!

The whole thing is electrical!
It's running through my veins
That everything is connectable!

Hey! Digital....Hey! Digital....world, world, world!
~Going Digital

NeikeDjour

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

dcole

You links aren't working.  Here they are:

Faith

WITCH

Quote from: RockBane on March 06, 2015, 08:57:36 PM
Here's an interesting one, it's called Faith and it's a card RPG made by people in London, UK.

Another game is WITCH which is another over sea's game.

Seem like fun games.
Thanks,

David Cole

silent_rob

Here's one I've been waiting for that just started up: Grave Robbers from Outer Space: Resurrected Edition

I'm familiar with Steve Tassie because of Snakes & Lattes (which I try & visit whenever in Toronto). I've heard him talk about this game a couple of times during his segments on Board Game Breakfast on Dice Tower. However, I'm not entirely sold on this one - it just seems a lot further behind than other projects I've looked at lately (and funded, like Trickerion). It just seems like they're starting out rather than nearing completion. Though to be fair, a lot of the other Kickstarters I've checked out lately are more like pre-orders.

Though additionally I'm not thrilled about their pricing/stretch goal set-up. You have to back it for more to get many of the stretch goals at all. But then if it doesn't reach the stretch goals you've still backed it for more only without any bonus. Plus there's a lot of filler in some of the backing levels that seems to have upped the price that doesn't interest me. I'd like to see some more levels where you can just get the game and the (potential - if they hit stretch goals at all) expansions.

A.J

Malifaux: Neverborn + Outcasts
Infinity: Yu Jing + Combined Army

dcole

Quote from: A.J on March 07, 2015, 04:51:00 PM
Something a lil different

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2032267828/wasteman-a-game-of-desperate-conflicts-in-a-desola?ref=discovery

This looks pretty damn cool A.J.  Normally I am not a fan of post apocalyptic type stuff but I think this guy did some awesome work on the aesthetics of this game.  Here are s few pictures from the Kickstarter:

Thanks,

David Cole

silent_rob

Quote from: silent_rob on March 07, 2015, 12:36:42 PM
Here's one I've been waiting for that just started up: Grave Robbers from Outer Space: Resurrected Edition

I'm familiar with Steve Tassie because of Snakes & Lattes (which I try & visit whenever in Toronto). I've heard him talk about this game a couple of times during his segments on Board Game Breakfast on Dice Tower. However, I'm not entirely sold on this one - it just seems a lot further behind than other projects I've looked at lately (and funded, like Trickerion). It just seems like they're starting out rather than nearing completion. Though to be fair, a lot of the other Kickstarters I've checked out lately are more like pre-orders.

Looks like my initial impressions of this project were accurate. They've decided to suspend the project, for now, rather than move forward unprepared. Here's their latest update:
QuoteDear Backers,

First I want to thank each and every one of you for the support that you have given this project in the last week and a half. Unless you've made your own campaign, it's hard to imagine the joy a creator feels every time their inbox shows a message from Kickstarter saying another backer has come in. It's a truly heartwarming feeling. And that is why this message hurts so much to write.

I messed up. In my eagerness to bring my game back from the dead, I went into this project under prepared. I didn't have all my ducks in a row, and as a result, parts of the campaign were missing or rushed, and certain important financial and logistical pieces of the puzzle were not in place. Were this campaign to be fully funded in its current form, it would be a grave financial hardship.

The good news is that I'm figuring that out now, and not further down the road when it's too late to do anything about it. I know what's wrong, and I know how to fix it. I need to suspend the current campaign so I can fix the things that are wrong and add the things that are missing. Then, when all my pieces are in place, I will relaunch the resurrection effort and start the campaign anew.

I know that the Internet in general and the Kickstarter community in specific can be very unforgiving of the unprepared, but it is my hope that you will see this for what it is, an honest mistake made through a zealous desire for action, and you will come back and pledge again when the campaign relaunches.

I thank you for your support and I hope that my mistake hasn't soured you on the idea of resurrecting my game, but I understand why some of you might not back the game a second time. I look forward to getting the Kickstarter emails notifying me when those of you who do come back, pledge again.

Keep watching the skies...

Steve Tassie

Tassie Game Studios

If it looks like they have all their ducks in a row, next time, I'd be more-likely to back them than I would have with how this current Kickstarter looked.

Lori

That's one interesting aspect about Kickstarter now - the backers are growing more and more knowledgeable and projects that don't seem to have the complete picture all figured out are going to get called on it.