Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori

Quote from: NeikeDjour on March 03, 2015, 12:09:24 PM
Ahh! All of the good campaigns going on right now and coming in the next few weeks. T-T

Yeah, a lot suddenly hit again after the New Year rush died down.

Hopefully Jim doesn't see the baseball one.

NeikeDjour

QuoteBlood Rage is a Viking board game created by acclaimed game designer Eric M. Lang. In this fast-paced yet highly strategic game, 2 to 4 players take control of Viking clans, invading, pillaging and battling in a quest to gain as much glory as possible before Ragnarök finally consumes the land!

From Guillotine Games, the studio that brought you Zombicide, comes the ultimate Viking saga. The game's striking visuals are a combination of Adrian Smith's highly evocative artwork, and Mike McVey's amazingly detailed miniatures. Blood Rage comes with 46 pre-assembled miniatures, including some huge and impressive legendary monsters.

In Blood Rage, each player controls their own Viking clan's warriors, leader, and ship. Ragnarök has come, and it's the end of the world! It's the Vikings' last chance to go down in a blaze of glory and secure their place in Valhalla at Odin's side! For a Viking there are many pathways to glory. You can invade and pillage the land for its rewards, crush your opponents in epic battles, fulfill quests, increase your clan's stats, or even die gloriously either in battle or from Ragnarök, the ultimate inescapable doom.

Most player strategies are guided by the cards drafted at the beginning of each of the three game rounds (or Ages). These "Gods' Gifts" grant you numerous boons for your clan including: increased Viking strength and devious battle strategies, upgrades to your clan, or even the aid of legendary creatures from Norse mythology. They may also include various quests, from dominating specific provinces, to having lots of your Vikings sent to Valhalla.

Most of these cards are aligned with one of the Norse gods, hinting at the kind of strategy they support. For example, Thor gives more glory for victory in battle, Heimdall grants you foresight and surprises, Tyr strengthens you in battle, while the trickster Loki actually rewards you for losing battles, or punishes the winner.

Players must choose their strategies carefully during the draft phase, but also be ready to adapt and react to their opponents' strategies as the action phase unfolds. Battles are decided not only by the strength of the figures involved, but also by cards played in secret. By observing your opponent's actions and allegiances to specific gods, you may predict what card they are likely to play, and plan accordingly. Winning battles is not always the best course of action, as the right card can get you even more rewards by being crushed. The only losing strategy in Blood Rage is to shy away from battle and a glorious death!

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Lori on March 03, 2015, 12:19:23 PM
Quote from: NeikeDjour on March 03, 2015, 12:09:24 PM
Ahh! All of the good campaigns going on right now and coming in the next few weeks. T-T
Yeah, a lot suddenly hit again after the New Year Rush died down.
Hopefully Jim doesn't see the baseball one.
Haha! My lips are sealed.  ;)
There are a bunch I'm getting emails about that aren't up quite yet but are coming soon. And a lot of them are bigger projects.

Lori

Wild West Exodus: Unfinished Business

QuoteWild West Exodus is a Sci-Fi Wild West Miniatures Game set in an alternate history wild west. Strange technologies corrupt the land and death lurks at every corner. RJ-1027, the infamous power source created by Dr. Burson Carpathian is the catalyst behind the constantly escalating arms race between the factions that make up Wild West Exodus. 

Wild West Exodus is a miniatures game played by 2 to 4 players in control of the faction of their choice.  In the world of WWX, every model has the potential to be a hero or a villain.  The game mechanics and rule set feature exciting game play from the first dice roll.  Each player will be allowed to field a posse of 6 to 60 models or more.  The WWX rules have been designed to allow for scaling of the game to high or low model counts without causing rules issues.

One of the most exciting parts of the Wild West Exodus game mechanic is the reusable influence pool.  The influence pool will give players the option to gamble away a set amount of tokens in return for a reroll of the dice.  Be careful what you gamble on because once the tokens are committed they are lost for that turn.  The D10 system gives the game life and options that round out easily and allow for quick decision making.

The Halo that each model possesses creates an area of assault around the miniature allowing for fast and deadly close combat.  This helps move the game along quickly and gives each fight a more cinematic feel. 

Wild West Exodus also benefits from an alternating 1-3 model activation system.  This system lets both players choose the most strategic way of advancing their characters across the battle field.  This means that you never have to wait more than a minute or two before taking control of your own posse for your next activation.

Each posse consists of a structured army list.  All factions will have 1 Boss model, 0 to 4 Underboss models, 0 to 8 Sidekick models, and an endless amount of Hired Hands.  Heavy and Light Support vehicles also make up an army list.

This really gives the gamer the option to field a force led by one mighty general commanding a horde of troops or the complete opposite.

Some gamers may choose to load up on skilled Sidekicks and Underbosses or go heavy on Hired Hands for a true horde army.

No matter what option you take, the world of Wild West Exodus will engulf you in fun and excitement from your very first game.

Outlaw Miniatures has already developed League and Tournament support.  The Gunslinger Organized Play programs was designed so you and your friends can participate in Wild West Exodus at your Local Game Store right away!

In addition, we also have a volunteer program called the Deputies that allow gamers to take a leadership role in their community to run events and demo the game for new players.

And many MANY more pledge levels.

Mark M

I'm not sure if this is how to go about this but I'm very interested in the kickstarter game Hands in the Sea. It's got much the same mechanics as A Few Acres of Snow if anyone is familiar with that one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/knightworks/hands-in-the-sea-a-two-player-card-driven-wargame?ref=nav_search

I was wondering if there would be any interest in a group purchase.

Lori

Hands in The Sea

YouTube sneak peak by

QuoteInspired by A Few Acres of Snow, this game features several new elements, including navies, naval battles, cavalry superiority, mercenaries, field battles, sieges, manpower, strategy cards, random events, turn based scoring, bribery and tactical bonuses. The name of the game is based on a quote from a Carthaginian commander, who claimed at the outbreak of hostilities that the Carthaginian control of the seas was such that the Romans would not even dare wash their hands in the sea. We have hired the talented Naomi Robinson to do the cover for Hands in the Sea.

Hands in the Sea is a two-player deck building war game set during the First Punic War between Rome and Carthage from 264-241 BC. Each player uses their deck of cards to perform up to two actions per round. Actions range from colonization, to naval movement, to battle, with most activity centered in Sicily, Sardinia, and Corsica. Players may also purchase additional cards to bolster their decks and provide them with more choices. There are also Strategy cards that players can purchase to give them additional advantages. The game is played over the course of several turns, up to a maximum of twelve. At the end of each turn, players resolve random events, collect income and score victory points. There are several paths to victory, from simply having the highest score at the end of the game, to capturing the opposing player's capital.

Lori

From Chris Cieslik of Red7 fame, Adorable Pandaring

QuoteOnce upon a time a KickStarter made a hojillion dollars because of something involving kittens. Sure, that's fun, but we think pandas are pretty adorable too. And we are certainly not above pandering... er... pandaring to you with adorableness. So, we decided to make a game that not only plays fast, is easy to learn, and has cute pandas, but also has all the fun gameplay you expect from an Asmadi Games product. Adorable Pandaring depicts your noble quest to acquire bamboo by having the most adorable pandas. You want that. Adorable pandas are good, and bamboo is delicious (for them).

Adorable Pandaring is a game for 3-5 players, and takes about ten minutes. Your goal in life (and in the game) is to have lots of adorable pandas, but the fickle Panda Laws of Adorableness (which dictate which pandas are "Adorable") are subject to change at any time.

NeikeDjour

Aww!!! Pandas~

There is a tier for one copy for $28, or 2 copies for $36 ($18 each includes shipping). Anyone want to jump in for a copy and I'll do the 2 tier?

Lori

Quote from: NeikeDjour on March 04, 2015, 02:19:07 PM
Aww!!! Pandas~

There is a tier for one copy for $28, or 2 copies for $36 ($18 each includes shipping). Anyone want to jump in for a copy and I'll do the 2 tier?

I might - want to have a peak at the rules first.

Tempest

Quote from: NeikeDjour on March 04, 2015, 02:19:07 PM
Aww!!! Pandas~

If Lori doesn't, I think I will.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.