Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCStyles

Lori, I'll get in on the 2nd 3-pack bundle for the special edition of Between 2 Cities. 
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Lori

Between Two Cities - Bulk Orders- Ends March 16/15
Lori
Prairieguy
Cordawg
DCStyles

NeikeDjour

QuoteThe Red Dragon Inn is a fast-paced, light-hearted card game for 2 or more players. You and your adventuring companions have spent all day slogging through the dungeon, killing monsters and taking their stuff. Now you're back in town, healed up, cleaned up, and ready to party at the Red Dragon Inn.

Drink, gamble, and roughhouse with your friends. But don't forget to keep an eye on your Gold. If you run out, you'll have to spend the night in the stables. Oh... and try not to get too beaten up or too drunk. If you pass out, your friends will continue the party without you... after they loot your Gold of course! The last conscious adventurer with Gold wins the game!

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

NeikeDjour

QuoteFive parallel worlds have collided and you play as one of five characters jettisoned from their world into a place called the Nexus. Through the use of unique character abilities and special actions, players must find fragments of their reality and be the first to piece them back together in order to find their way home.

Entropy is a fast-paced competitive card game of risk and deception, combining simultaneous action selection mechanics with order resolution. Each player's reality has been shattered into fragments and they are trying to be the first to piece it back together in order to save their world and return home.

Each reality is made up of four fragments. Once collected, these fragments create a stunning panorama representing your character's world. Each world is beautifully illustrated by artist Mikhail Yakovlev.

silent_rob

Not sure if there are any fans of the game around but Ninja Dice has a new Kickstarter up: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gbg/ninja-dice-kage-masters/

Now I'm glad I was unsuccessful in tracking down the Locations expansion, so far. I can get the version that comes with all the new stuff, the promo stuff, the stretch goals and the Locations expansion for $20. Not too shabby.  :D

dcole

I haven't played Ninja Dice yet but it has grabbed my interest on Kickstarter previously.

I recently came across this super cool looking game:  Dragoon

Here are a few pictures to pique your curiosity:

Thanks,

David Cole

Lori

The latest by Ryan Laukat
Above and Below

QuoteAbove and Below is a mashup of town-building and storytelling where you and up to three friends compete to build the best village above and below ground. In the game, you send your villagers to perform jobs like exploring the cave, harvesting resources, and constructing houses. Each villager has unique skills and abilities, and you must decide how to best use them. You have your own personal village board, and you slide the villagers on this board to various areas to indicate that they've been given jobs to do. Will you send Hanna along on the expedition to the cave? Or should she instead spend her time teaching important skills to one of the young villagers? 

A great cavern lies below the surface, ready for you to explore-- this is where the storytelling comes in. When you send a group of villagers to explore the depths, one of your friends reads what happens to you from a book of paragraphs. You'll be given a choice of how to react, and a lot will depend on which villagers you brought on the expedition, and who you're willing to sacrifice to succeed. The book of paragraphs is packed with encounters of amazing adventure, randomly chosen each time you visit the cavern. 

At the end of the game, the player with the most well-developed village wins!

NeikeDjour

Ahh! All of the good campaigns going on right now and coming in the next few weeks. T-T

NeikeDjour

QuoteBottom of the 9th, designed by Darrell Louder (designer of Compounded) and Mike Mullins, is a quick dice and card game for 1 or 2 players that encapsulates the thrills and spills of baseball's final inning into a head-to-head competition between an ace pitcher and a star-studded line-up of heavy hitting batters. A game of Bottom of the 9th can easily be played in 5 to 15 minutes.

Bottom of the 9th will feature 20 player cards with beautiful custom art from artist Adam McIver that capture the look of classic baseball trading cards. These cards will even feel like classic trading cards since they will be printed on 1mm punchboard, just like vintage cards. 

Each player card features abilities that can be used when they gain an upper hand on the opponent, allowing them to manipulate dice. Pitchers have an ace pitch that will activate when they choose to throw it as long as the batter doesn't predict both of the pitch variables (High, Low, Inside, Outside).Batters will have a unique MVP ability that activates whenever the player is able to accurately predict the type of pitch thrown. Most players also have a latent trait that can affect the game, alter their play style - or even give an advantage to the opponent!

With myriad customizable line-ups, the possibility of two added expansion packs in the stretch goals, and rules for advanced league and solo play, Bottom of the 9th will keep gamers wanting to play ball time and time again.

Lori

Seven 7s

QuoteSeven7s allows players to use the powers of famous sevens to try and score the most points.

Each player has a hand of 3 cards throughout the game. Each turn players will play 1 card to the 7 columns and then redraw to 3 cards at the end of their turn.

When one of the 7 columns is full of 7 cards the game ends and the player holding the most points wins.

Through thoughtful card play wielding the powers of 7, players vie to strengthen their hands while diminishing the hands of their opponents. Perhaps 7's and 6's are reduced to no value through the Ages of Man; or, all Indigo cards are now valued at 7 because of the Colors of the Rainbow power. Maybe you are forced to discard your most valuable card by the 7 Deadly Sins or your opponent's appeal to the Lucky Gods garners him some bonus victory points.

Play is quick with lots of surprises. Do you have what it takes to harness the powers of the Seven7s?