Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori

Kickstarter is up:
Between Two Cities

QuoteBetween Two Cities is played in three rounds. In each round, you'll start with a fresh hand of tiles. Select two of those tiles, passing the rest to the player on your left or right (depends on the round). Place one of those tiles in the city on your left and one in the city on your right, then pick up the hand that was passed to you and repeat the process.

The middle round actually involves drawing 3 rectangular "duplex" tiles (two building tiles side by side in a vertical or horizontal configuration) and selecting 2 of them--there is no drafting in this round.

After all three rounds, you will have built a 4x4 city on your left and a 4x4 city on your right. Add up the scores for all cities, but only compare your lowest scoring city to each other player's lowest-scoring city to determine the winner.

Each of the tiles (art shown below) scores in the following way. The final tiles have scoring reminders below the art:

Shop (yellow): The more shops you have in a row or column, the higher the score.
    Park (green): Each group of adjacent parks score an ascending amount of points based on the number park tiles in the group.
    House (brown): Each house scores a point for each other tile type in the city (they want variety).
    Office (blue): The more offices, the better. If they're next to at least 1 Tavern, they score a bonus point.
    Tavern (red): There are 4 types of taverns (different icons)--you want to get as many sets of different tavern types as possible.
    Factory (gray): The cities with the most factories score more points per factory than other cities.

silent_rob

I just backed Trickerion. It helped that it's a worker placement game and it looks fantastic but, in the end, it's because I used to work in a magical supplies shop when I was younger. It's the one theme that, as long as the game is good, I'd have trouble passing up.

Lori

Quote from: silent_rob on February 27, 2015, 09:15:37 AM
I just backed Trickerion. It helped that it's a worker placement game and it looks fantastic but, in the end, it's because I used to work in a magical supplies shop when I was younger. It's the one theme that, as long as the game is good, I'd have trouble passing up.

You're getting your money's worth on that one that's for sure.  I'll be happy to play yours once it gets here  :lol

Jolo

I await the proposed Kickstarter for High Frontier 3rd Edition (coming this summer!) by OSS

silent_rob

Quote from: Lori on February 27, 2015, 09:39:09 AM
Quote from: silent_rob on February 27, 2015, 09:15:37 AM

You're getting your money's worth on that one that's for sure.  I'll be happy to play yours once it gets here  :lol

For sure! Though from the look of things we might have to pull two of the large, round tables together because it's a bit of a table hog.

prairieguy

Lori - are you doing a bulk purchase of Between 2 Cities?

Cordawg

Lori if you are doing a bulk order of between 2 cities I would be in

NeikeDjour

Haha, well that's one bulk order.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Lori

Quote from: prairieguy on February 27, 2015, 12:00:10 PM
Lori - are you doing a bulk purchase of Between 2 Cities?

Quote from: Cordawg on February 27, 2015, 12:06:18 PM
Lori if you are doing a bulk order of between 2 cities I would be in

I can certainly organize it since it seems we have 3 already. 
The3-pack bundle is for the special edition but if there are others that want the regular version I know you can mix and match the 3 packs and at least save the shipping even if there isn't a bundled price .  If there's another group of 3 I can do a 2nd order on Jim's Kickstarter account and at least get them all shipped to the same address.

prairieguy

special edition sounds good to me