Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

QuoteWe all love to collect and play games, and thousands of people congregate on BoardGameGeek.com every day to discuss our amazing hobby. No matter what kind of game you love playing, you can find fellow fans who will be more than happy to talk about them, arguing their points and celebrating their favourites. Over the years, it's grown into a huge site, covering thousands of different titles and visiting conventions around the world, showing off the latest hotness.

It's basically an essential part of our hobby. And now it's available as a card game called... BoardGameGeek: The Card Game!

Designed by Candy Weber, this quick playing game sees between two and six players building up cards, each one representing a much-loved game as seen on the site. Cards can be laid out in two ways, with vertical columns of games of the same color/category representing the ones that you're playing, and horizontal rows of differently colored cards showing the games that you're Collecting - after all, everyone has certain titles in their collection that they're particularly proud of, don't they?

As the game continues, you'll participate in Math Trades, Buy Games, hit the Thrift Store and more... until The End card appears and you total up your final points! Each individual set that you have before you will score, and the winner receives the adulation of being the best Board Game Geek around - until the next game!

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Lori

Lori

From the makers of Tiny Epic Kingdoms and Tiny Epic Defenders.  Tiny Epic Galaxies started this morning and funded in 15 minutes so it's all about the stretch goals now:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coe/tiny-epic-galaxies-the-universe-in-your-pocket?ref=hero_thanks

There are some bulk packages available so speak up if you're interested in going that route.  Looks like 6 deluxe copies would come in at US $21.35 each, shipping included. A 10 pack makes 'em US$19 each, shipping included.

"In Tiny Epic Galaxies, each player controls their very own galaxy! From which they will develop their empire by managing resources, expanding their fleet, colonizing planets, and exploiting their enemies' position. The game runs on a clever dice combo-ing mechanic; players roll for their actions and choose the order in which to take them. This can lead to big "pay-off" turns, especially when combo-ed with planet abilities! Throughout the game, players spend resources to upgrade their empires, re-roll unwanted dice, and even follow the actions of other players' dice! Players will accumulate power (victory points) based on the level of their empire, as well as for successfully colonizing planets. When a player has reached a power of 21 or higher, the end of the game is triggered."

NeikeDjour

I'm a maybe on Tiny Epic Galaxies. I'll let you know closer to the date. :P

Lori

A mid to heavy Euro style farming game called Spirits of the Rice Paddy designed by Phillip du Barry.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13415575/spirits-of-the-rice-paddy-board-game

NeikeDjour

QuoteAncient Balinese legend describes a host of powerful spirits who help poor rice farmers achieve success. These farmers have long used a sophisticated irrigation system to organize rice cultivation by integrating religious devotion and social responsibility with traditional farming methods. Even modern farmers seek to placate the spirit world in their quest to produce an abundant harvest.

In Spirits of the Rice Paddy players compete against fellow rice farmers to construct and tend rice paddies. Livestock can be used to build walls and remove large rocks. They can eat harmful pests and fertilize the fledgling crops. Weeds must be kept at bay. And, most importantly, water must be conserved and released with the greatest of care. With a little luck, all that back-breaking labor will pay off in the end. The good news is that the spirits are eager to assist, granting many special abilities, blessings and magic. The farmer who produces the most rice over seven rounds wins!

NeikeDjour

QuoteGang Up! is casual card game where you compete to become the ultimate crime lord! Recruit legendary gang members and commit crazy daring crimes. Use criminal influences and team up with other players to get ahead. And when they least expect it, backstab them to win the game!

To become the most powerful gang in the Crimetown - and win the game - you need to raise your status, from 5 to 20.You can only play cards if your current status matches or exceeds the status-number on playable cards. This is the core-mechanic of the game.

You gain status by successfully committing crimes - how else? During your turn you can draw a blind card from the 'crime pile'. This card represents a criminal opportunity. Look at what you got; 'Safety Second'! If things go well, you can earn +4 status with this card....but if not, you lose -4 status. Will you take the risk? To execute this crime you need both the required status & manpower as indicated on the card.

To commit a successful crime, your members need to get out of there unharmed. But as soon as the crime is set in motion other players can get in your way, by playing special influence cards. Even your partner in crime can turn on you! What is this world coming to when you can no longer trust a gangster on his word?!

In Gang Up! your gang members will defect, partners will backstab you and the police will throw part of your gang in the slammer. But the sharpest gang leader will be able to think ahead and counter this. Pick the right time to spring your trap and take the cannoli!

And there you have the basic ingredients of our game, but the real fun is in the details! As you might imagine, the 100 unique cards are designed to create lots of crazy situations & humoristic combos! Also to keep the pace, you can discard cards from your hand to activate unique member-skills. Or if you can't play members to the table, you may try to switch a big guy for a small fry from jail; the snitch-switch! You won't see the boss on the table soon, but it gets you moving again.

Additionally there are cards that will only benefit the gangs lagging behind and thus keep everyone close to victory! For example 'Coward Howard' will leave your gang when you have the highest status, and 'Undercover Jack' will arrest one of your members when you exceed 10 status and move (infiltrate) the next gang. This makes the situation very dynamic and you always have to watch your back to stay ahead!

Cordawg

Lori I would be in on tiny epic Galaxy's

Lori

Lori

Quote from: Cordawg on January 11, 2015, 11:20:21 AM
Lori I would be in on Tiny Epic Galaxy

Ok, I'll start the list and see if anyone else comes on board.

1. Lori
2. NeikeDjour (maybe)
3. Cordawg