Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

Daedalus added Cosmic Encounter

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

NeikeDjour

QuoteKeyflower is one of the finest worker placement games around at the moment, garnering excellent reviews from all who have sampled it. Keyflower sees players attempt to develop their individual villages over the course of four seasons by successfully bidding on a variety of tiles depicting village locations and boats while also claiming skill tiles, resources and residents - also known as Keyples.

Last year's expansion, The Farmers, added new gameplay elements that expanded the Key-niverse by bringing in agricultural work; between breeding animals and harvesting fields, things were getting pretty busy, but Keyples are hardy types. Every season they welcomed in new residents, all of whom worked hard to improve their collective lot as well as your score at the end of the game.
Each season sees new boats arrive, packed out with new villagers sporting useful skills. Each season sees new boats arrive, packed out with new villagers sporting useful skills.

And now we're back with an all new expansion for 2014: The Merchants! Fresh from wowing the crowds at Essen Spiel, things have moved on in the world of Keyflower as commerce has become more important to the Keyples. In the designers' own words, Farmers added width to the game whilst Merchants adds depth.

Contracts can bring in some much needed resources, for example, but why not hold on to them for valuable points at the end? There are also Cabins that allow for more upgrades and Extensions that double the fixed point scores of some tiles. This new addition to your collection will see you having to master the game all over again.

Lori

prairieguy

"deep sigh"
How much more for Cosmic Encounter Nik?

NeikeDjour

prairieguy

NeikeDjour

Quote from: prairieguy on November 05, 2014, 05:00:44 PM
Quote from: NeikeDjour on November 05, 2014, 02:43:44 PM
Quote from: prairieguy on November 05, 2014, 06:51:05 AM
"deep sigh"
How much more for Cosmic Encounter Nik?
$30....  :-\
Okay. I want it too lol
Keep in mind that they did say in the update that it will only fit the expansions that are on that list (which I think is all of them right now, forgive me if I'm wrong).
QuoteLet me just say that this is one full box. Because it is so full it will sadly not be able to hold anything else. Also, all cards are premium sleeved (Mayday and FFG fit) except the alien sheets (there is no way on this green earth they would fit in the box with sleeves, and I don't have any that would fit them).

omegadirective

Posting so I can get notices of new posts.

NeikeDjour

QuoteEach terrain tile is a 2.25" hexagon which fully interlocks on all sides. The front of each tile has a specific terrain feature and the back has the corresponding fill for the terrain.  This unique design allows you to build out whatever style is best for you. With each set of 70 double sided tiles you have 140 options to use when creating your foundation - allowing you to build thousands of possible maps. In addition, this distinctive design also allows you the option to combine multiple sets to create the perfect place to play.

Just as important as the versatility in designing your maps, is the durability of our tiles. Our terrain tiles are manufactured with a UV coating that makes them durable and sturdy for many years of play.  The UV coating also gives you the option of writing on your tile set with a dry erase marker or a grease pencil.   The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.  And when you are finished, simply wipe off your tiles and they are ready for the next adventure.

NeikeDjour

QuoteFrom the ashes of a devastating third World War, a precious few Golden Cities emerge offering hope to those who struggle for survival in the wastelands. Players explore the ruins of the modern world completing quests, honing their skills and maneuvering for social status in order to claim a precious spot as a citizen with a Golden City. To enter the Golden city you must:

Become an expert: Reach 20 skill points

Serve the city: Fulfill three secret quests

Become a nobleman: Get the most possible character points

In each turn, the players can spend action points to do several actions such as moving through the city, raiding buildings, attacking other players, and more. Each player has a specific skill — mechanic, trader, electrician, bodyguard and medic — and has his own unique items to build; those items can be traded off against other items or resources.

The board of the game is formed by 9 different tiles. All over the map, the players find different buildings which they can raid. Each time a player raids a building, a raid card of this type of building is taken and read, which leads to specific circumstances taking place. The player will be made to make various decisions including important moral decisions! Upon resolving the various decisions, you will receive character points. The choices you make, for good or for bad, will lead to specific perks and advantages (or disadvantages) during the progress of the game.