Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori

Jolo

This just arrived at my house, almost but not quite a year late.
Xia, Legends of a Drift

DCStyles

Got my Sellsword copy of Xia: Legends of a Drift System yesterday as well.  Just sleeving it now, can't wait to get it on the table!
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

NeikeDjour

QuotePlay one of 6 characters in a cooperative 1-4 player game that does not require a game master. The setting is our own fictional past, where your characters acquire Lore as they face and defeat the supernatural creatures known as Afflictions.

Folklore itself is played as an adventure board game with an immersive RPG style feel, plenty of randomization and choice driven interaction.  Folklore also has the capacity for gamers to write their own adventures and add as much role playing as they like to the experience.

Play through storylines and create your own horrifying tales, creatures and items to challenge your characters in the quest to drive the Darkness back into the Hell from which it came.

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

NeikeDjour

My Arcadia Quest is coming in tomorrow, I'm SUUUUUUPER excited for this.
Only a month late, I can handle that. 

Can't wait to bring it out. :D

Lori

Quote from: NeikeDjour on October 20, 2014, 02:28:10 PM
My Arcadia Quest is coming in tomorrow, I'm SUUUUUUPER excited for this.
Only a month late, I can handle that. 

Can't wait to bring it out. :D

It looks pretty cool!

NeikeDjour

QuoteDICETINY is a Digital Tabletop Board Game with RPG & Card Collecting elements where Epic Fantasy and Humorous Parodies coexist.

In DICETINY, you play as one of the four chosen heroes in one to four player co-op mode , using a die to move and cards skills to survive from mean monsters and epic bosses and ultimately slay them to bring peace to the world once again.

The rules are simple. Roll the die when it's your turn.  Move according to the number on the die. A random event will occur.  (Monster? Trap? Treasure? Who knows!)  Use the cards in your hand wisely according to the situation.

NeikeDjour

QuoteStockpile is an economic board game that combines the traditional stockholding strategy of buy low, sell high with several additional mechanics to create a fast-paced, engaging and interactive experience.

In Stockpile, players act as stock market investors at the end of the 20th century hoping to strike it rich, and the investor with the most money at the end of the game is the winner. Stockpile was built around the idea of imperfect knowledge. No investor knows everything about the stock market, but everyone does know something. This philosophy manifests in Stockpile in two unique ways – insider information and the stockpile.
Insider Information Insider Information

First, players are given insider information each round. This information dictates how a stock's value will change at the end of the round. By privately learning if a stock is going to move up or down, each player has a chance to act ahead of the market by buying or selling at the right time.
Stockpiles Stockpiles

Second, players purchase their stocks by bidding on piles of cards called stockpiles. These stockpiles will contain a mixture of face-up and face-down cards placed by other players in the game. In this way, nobody will know all of the cards in the stockpiles. Not all cards are good either. Trading fees can poison the piles by making players pay more than they bid. By putting stocks and other cards up for auction, Stockpile catalyzes player interaction, especially when potential profits from insider information are on the line.

Both of these mechanics are combined with some stock market elements to make players consider multiple factors when selling a stock. Do you hold onto a stock in hopes of catching a lucrative stock split or do you sell now to avoid the potential company bankruptcy? Can you hold onto your stock until the end of the game to become the majority shareholder, or do you need the liquidity of cash now for future bidding? Do you risk it all by investing heavily into one company, or do you mitigate your risk by diversifying your portfolio?

In the end, everyone knows something about the stock market, so it all comes down to strategy execution. Will you be able to navigate the movements of the stock market with certainty? Or will your investments go under from poor predictions?.

NeikeDjour

QuoteRoots© is a game of inventing words. Players combine Prefix and Suffix cards to create new words, competing for the best connection to a Subject card. Whoever delivers the best explanation for their word captures that Subject card, gaining a potential piece of their secret Win condition. But stay sharp: players can manipulate each other's progress with various Power cards, undermining opponents while advancing themselves. The result is narrative warfare in which the most creative, best spoken, and craftiest thrive.

Roots is fun for everyone, especially...

Social game enthusiasts: Roots is a casual tabletop experience like Apples to Apples/Cards Against Humanity, Last Word, Taboo, and Scrabble, so those seeking light-but-cerebral competition just found their next game. The game's verbal component also makes a great ice-breaker, opening up groups with imaginative debate.

Creatives: Artists of all kinds discover inspiration in the content gameplay produces. In essence, moving around word-bits leads to unexpected ideas - emergent narrative that's fresh every session. Words like "vesper-naut" might inspire your new protagonist, "lun-ocracy" a whole setting. Roots will smash your writer's block, so make sure you play with a notebook handy.

Teachers & students: Roots lets players manipulate English's anatomy, illuminating how words assemble meaning; this insight improves both reading comprehension and vocabulary. Likewise, the task of articulating a new word's definition and connection to a subject promotes critical thinking and rhetorical skill. The best part is that it's fun.

Lori