Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori

Quote from: dcole on September 23, 2014, 12:00:01 PM

Thats pretty cool.  Do you get to pick what agent you rename or is it from a predetermined selection of their own?  I would personally name the agent after myself.  Either that or Wayne Campbell.

:) I could pick from any of the 15 agents that are available in the game.  There's a mini-quiz on Board Game Geek letting you answer a few questions to find your "agent match" - kinda like all those facebook ones going around to find your Disney character match etc.  I ended up matching to "The Disposal Expert, Chloe Mackenzie".  The original name was already a bit of serendipity so she is now "Disposal Expert, Lori MacKenzie" instead.

Colin Dearborn

Anyone seen their copy of "This town aint big enough for the 2-4 of us"?

seen reports of them arriving in Canada last week, no sign of mine yet though.

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Colin Dearborn on September 23, 2014, 04:23:21 PM
Anyone seen their copy of "This town aint big enough for the 2-4 of us"?

seen reports of them arriving in Canada last week, no sign of mine yet though.
I got mine and all of the other microgames in the mail yesterday.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

NeikeDjour

Combatzone Scenery

QuoteWe at Combatzone Scenery would like you to help us create a range of terrain and gaming mats for your favourite miniatures games. Having both been avid gamers for more years than we can remember, we have played more than our fair share of great games. One thing that we both feel helps to bring your games to life is a great battle field. An exciting looking gaming area with fantastic terrain breathes life into your games and creates an atmosphere you can really immerse yourself in.

Our aim is to create battlefields that consists of a range of scenery and a corresponding gaming mat. Each scenery piece is cast using high quality Crystacal R. This is one of the highest rated materials made by special formula, it is a very hard, white 100% alpha plaster for use where high strength, surface hardness and durability are important. Additionally each scenery piece is highly textured featuring many small details that make painting easy using dry-brushing and washes.

Finally, each scenery piece is supplied unpainted and comes pre-cleaned and sealed ready for painting unlike equivalent resins that need to be scrubbed and primed before painting!

Bix Conners

NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

dcole

That scenery is wicked!  I played Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures for the first time the other night.  Those asteroids would be neat to have.  Unfortunately I don't have much free cash with having two little kids.  At least I have two friends from work that are loaded with custom pieces for the game.
Thanks,

David Cole

NeikeDjour

QuoteThroughout the ages, the pursuit for knowledge has been a driving force. Those with a thirst for truth have been known to thrust themselves upon the path the leads to enlightenment. Many travelers have given their lives to obtain the kind of information that wields the power to create and to destroy; to protect and to betray; to share and to obscure. 

In Dead Drop, players race to discover the unknown. By sharing and selling secrets players will gain the knowledge needed to go after a piece of secret information that will unlock all that they have been searching for.

Dead Drop is a game that involves elements of memory, deduction, and crafty maneuvering. As secret agents working for different organizations, players scour the globe seeking information that will help them find the location of a hidden explosive device. Agents must trade information and sell secrets in order to learn the location of the device and grab it before it falls into the hands of another agency!

On a player's turn, you must choose one of the following actions:

Share Info: Trade one card from your hand with one card from any other agent. The target agent must trade and may not look at the card she is being given before handing over her card to the active agent.

Hack the Cache: Trade one card from your hand with one card in the cache. The card from your hand becomes a part of the cache and should be face up.

Sell Secrets: Reveal two cards from your hand to another agent, who must then answer "yes" or "no" to reveal whether or not she has a card equal to the sum of those cards. If she says "yes", she must hand a card of that value to the active agent in exchange for one of the cards shown. The active agent chooses which card to hand over.

At the end of a turn, after performing a regular action, the active agent may choose to Grab The Drop: Place two cards from your hand face up next to the card in the middle of the table. Then, secretly look at the card in the middle to determine whether this card is equal to the sum of the two face-up cards. If you guessed correctly, you win the round; if you're wrong, you're out of the round. (In a three- or four-player game, if an agent is eliminated, she must place her cards face up in front of her. Other agents may trade with an eliminated agent's cards by placing the card traded from their hand face up in place of the card they take.)

The first player to win three rounds wins the game.

Lori

I was just on my way in here to post about Dead Drop.  The Crash Games Pub Series is pretty awesome.

A.J

Malifaux: Neverborn + Outcasts
Infinity: Yu Jing + Combined Army

NeikeDjour

QuoteThe harvest is in, and now it's time to celebrate! Lanterns: The Harvest Festival is a tile-placement game set in imperial China. Players act as artisan decorating the palace lake with floating lanterns. The artisan who  earns the most honor before the festival arrives wins the game.

On your turn, you can take these three actions one time each:

-   Place a lake tile, which gives every player (even your opponents!) a lantern card based on the orientation of the tile. (It also could give the active player bonus lantern cards or favor tokens, depending on the placement.)
-   Spend favor tokens to trade one lantern card for another.
-   Dedicate sets of lantern cards to gain the honor you need to win the game.