Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Lori on September 10, 2014, 01:24:19 PM
Nice minis on that one, Nicole. I think this is a re-launch if I'm not mistaken?
I haven't seen it before and it isn't on the designers KS page as one of their previous, you might be thinking of another one.
It does look really neat though. I'm looking into it anyways. Not that I always buy the games I post here. I'd be broke if I did that. :P
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Lori

Quote from: NeikeDjour on September 10, 2014, 01:27:40 PM
Quote from: Lori on September 10, 2014, 01:24:19 PM
Nice minis on that one, Nicole. I think this is a re-launch if I'm not mistaken?
I haven't seen it before and it isn't on the designers KS page as one of their previous, you might be thinking of another one.
It does look really neat though. I'm looking into it anyways. Not that I always buy the games I post here. I'd be broke if I did that. :P

Yep I just went looking and it was a different one that is going for relaunch - Heiffer Heist.  I saw them both being discussed on the Facebook Kickstarter page and ended up combining them in my head.

I don't back all the ones I tag here either but I am doing Bomb Squad because it looks like a total blast (haha). Small group reduction on 4 copies gets it to $31.25 US with free US shipping (to my US address) if anyone else is considering it.

I'm pretty sure I'll do Trian too...maybe?  My "remind me" button definitely gets a workout.

NeikeDjour

I started using the 'remind me' button to track all of the titles on here so I know when to take them off of the list, and ever since I've stopped buying as much because I have so many titles on there that I'm not interested in myself. It's working to my advantage. :D

scuudz

Bomb Squad does look interesting.  I'll have to do a little more research before I pull the trigger.

NeikeDjour

QuoteYou are a Kami Master. Trained in the art of channeling the spirit energy of the Kami, unrivaled in expertise of your chosen fighting style, you are sworn to uphold the honor of your House. Yashima: Legend of the Kami Masters is a fast-paced combat game that combines the speed and complexity of card games with the tactical movement and terrain found in miniature games. With various styles of play, you can compete in a two-player duel, team-based combat, or a free-for-all showdown!

-   A player's Battle Deck is their life force, used to generate Karma and unleash new abilities. Every card you play and lose matters in your hand, and in the future.
-   Unique Tome cards with page-turning mechanics provide players with multiple tactical options to keep every turn exciting!
-   The Action Pool and the ability to influence turn-order makes every round a distinctive experience.
-   Facing, attack patterns, and "friendly fire" makes melee-combat simple, yet engaging.
-   Multiplayer competition stays intense and engaging for all players with restoration mode. Instead of elimination, defeated players return more powerful and with a vengeance. Drive all your opponents to restoration and be the last one standing to claim victory for yourself or for your team.

Your custom Battle Deck is central to the game. Representing the martial arts skills of your Kami Master bound to the powers of your chosen Kami spirit, the Battle Deck is not only the source of your attack and defense techniques, but also your life force. As you play cards from your hand, place them back on the bottom of your deck. But when you lose life, you discard. Those techniques are now lost!

Characters:
    Rosamu, the monk, uses chains to create powerful combinations of multiple attacks.
    Hikaru, the priestess, is a powerful healer who counters her foes with spiritual cleansing.
    Akiko, the fire sorceress, wields the power to burn all who stand in her way.
    Kenta, the ronin warrior, studies his enemy's weaknesses before he unleashes his fury.

Kami:
-   The Dragon Kami builds upon its attack power and evades attacks by flying or dodging. The Dragon Kami is low in health, but it is known for its luck (high karma).
-   The Tiger can use mechanics to set up the perfect combination of deck, hand, and karma pool manipulation.  When in the fray of battle, it has a powerful block defense.
-   The Tortoise is slow and deliberate; its low karma makes it often the last one into battle. Like a shell Tortoise's blocks are some of the best and when it strikes they are very powerful blows.
-   Like the mythical beast of legend, the Phoenix Kami is brilliant, daring, and willing to risk it all for glorious success or a spectacular fiery crash.

Be the last remaining player with cards in your Battle Deck, and prove your might as a Kami Master!

Lori

Hey, group buyers! 

The components are coming together for the Treasure Chest of Realistic Resources by Stonemaier Games.  Here's a video update from Jamey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBbrwrpIhFY

Lori

Apparently my first Kickstarter project, Among the Stars + Expansions, is on its way to me.  Yippee!

PhotoJim

Quote from: Lori on September 16, 2014, 10:19:36 AM
Apparently my first Kickstarter project, Among the Stars + Expansions, is on its way to me.  Yippee!

Road trip to Montana then?  Or it's coming to Regina?
Avidly gaming since 1972.

Lori

So, a very cool thing happened.  This kickstarter was running a Haiku contest as a way of getting people involved and talking about the game.  The two winners would be able to re-name a Bomb Squad Agent to whatever they'd like.  And guess what?  I was one of the two winners!  So now the question is, should I name an agent after myself?  What would you do?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/136380836/bomb-squad-an-intense-cooperative-real-time-game/posts/994282?at=BAh7CDoMcG9zdF9pZGkD6isPSSIIdWlkBjoGRVRpA4Zkl0kiC2V4cGlyeQY7BlRJIhgyMDE0LTEwLTIyIDIzOjQ2OjI2BjsGVA%3D%3D--7e1aa5ca7073c6832f7390c560bf965e8bc5c119&ref=backer_project_update

dcole

Quote from: Lori on September 22, 2014, 06:52:02 PM
So, a very cool thing happened.  This kickstarter was running a Haiku contest as a way of getting people involved and talking about the game.  The two winners would be able to re-name a Bomb Squad Agent to whatever they'd like.  And guess what?  I was one of the two winners!  So now the question is, should I name an agent after myself?  What would you do?

Thats pretty cool.  Do you get to pick what agent you rename or is it from a predetermined selection of their own?  I would personally name the agent after myself.  Either that or Wayne Campbell.
Thanks,

David Cole