Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

QuoteFor years you've been tracking Skelit's Revenge, the most notorious ship on the high seas, and now you've finally taken it. Your Captain has informed you that there are treasure chests hidden on board full of the most valuable treasure the world has ever seen. In spite of the raging inferno aboard the ship, your captain orders you and the rest of his crew to bring him every single one of those treasure chests or you'll be taking a long walk off a short plank.

You and your crew will enter and search the Skelit's Revenge in an attempt to loot all of the Treasure. But beware, there are still enemy pirates lurking, and some nasty guards looking to make sure you don't get out alive. Not to mention that you'll be doing this while the ship burns. You'll have to battle the flames, the guards, and your own fatigue.

Can you and your crew ensure that all of the treasure is recovered and receive more riches and glory than you ever dreamed? Only time will tell...

Dead Men Tell No Tales (DMTNT) is a cooperative game where players take on the role of a Pirate crew, boarding the doomed Skelit's Revenge for one purpose: to take the loot. You need to deal with the spreading fire and explosion potential as well as the enemies left on the ship. But what's a little risk for the plunder!

Each round you flip over a new tile to add to the ship and you also flip a card to show where the Skeleton Crew advances. You may then take a number of actions and use shared equipment to deal with the fire, your own fatigue, the trapdoors and guards on the ship. In DMTNT you can even pass some of your action tokens to the person to your left in case they need extra help this round.

Simple to resolve combat feels engaging without taking more than a quick die roll. You will be constantly gaining fatigue and you must manage your ability to keep going.

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

NeikeDjour

QuoteGalaxy of Trian is a dynamic tile-based sci-fi board game.

During the game, you take command of one alien faction, fighting over the territory and technology left by the powerful Trian race. Players have at their disposal a few kinds of basic units and spaceships, which allow for the exploration and control of the galaxy. Further ships will be released in future expansions.

The game is played in turns, in a clockwise manner. Starting with the first player, in each of their turns, players draw a tile from the stack and place it on the table. The tiles can be placed with either side face up, and must make a legal connection to those already placed on the table.

Tiles are two-sided and stacked in two piles, which gives more tactical possibilities and, at the same time, limits randomness. Special tiles, like teleports, exmitters or trade stations increase the level of interaction and give the players an even greater variety of choices.

The "Beginning of Conquest" expansion, available to all Kickstarter backers, introduces two new ship classes to Galaxy of Trian: the Corvette and Rogue.  These new ships allow players to steal minerals and even to block the expansion of other player's planetary systems.

NeikeDjour

QuoteYou are a passenger on a gigantic airship cruise liner on a tour that will take you to the far corners of the Gaslight Empire. You are also an up and coming criminal mastermind seeking to build a reputation as a kingpin of crime. As the airship progresses to various exotic locales, amazing criminal opportunities will unfold before your eyes. Your task is to assemble the best gang of professional criminals, conduct daring robberies, elude various defenses and protect your turf from other nefarious crooks skulking in the shadows. Earn the most feared reputation and take your rightful place at the top of the criminal world.

Lori

I've been keeping an eye on Skyway Robbery - it looks really interesting to me and the art is great.  I'm a bit surprised the kickstarter hasn't really taken off and gotten it funded immediately (34% after the 1st week) but there are no stretch goals on this one so what you see is what you get and that may be keeping things at a more even pace.  I keep meaning to check out any comments and discussion on BGG but haven't made it over there so far.

There's no group buy price reduction option and the shipping to Canada is $40  :o but if others are interested in this one I'd be willing to handle the pledge and get them shipped to my US Postal Box for the free shipping.

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Lori on September 02, 2014, 12:46:14 PM
I've been keeping an eye on Skyway Robbery - it looks really interesting to me and the art is great.  I'm a bit surprised the kickstarter hasn't really taken off and gotten it funded immediately (34% after the 1st week) but there are no stretch goals on this one so what you see is what you get and that may be keeping things at a more even pace.  I keep meaning to check out any comments and discussion on BGG but haven't made it over there so far.

There's no group buy price reduction option and the shipping to Canada is $40  :o but if others are interested in this one I'd be willing to handle the pledge and get them shipped to my US Postal Box for the free shipping.
Ouch, I didn't even notice the shipping. ><; There is another game on KS that I'm interested in, but with shipping almost the cost of the game, I can't support. It's something you've definitely got to watch.

Lori

Quote from: NeikeDjour on September 02, 2014, 02:15:24 PM
Quote from: Lori on September 02, 2014, 12:46:14 PM

Ouch, I didn't even notice the shipping. ><; There is another game on KS that I'm interested in, but with shipping almost the cost of the game, I can't support. It's something you've definitely got to watch.

And just now they've revised their shipping rates:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/phantasio/skyway-robbery/posts/972903

Lori

NeikeDjour

QuoteBomb Squad is a real-time cooperative game in which 2-6 players are members of a team operating a robot trying to disarm bombs and save hostages. The players work together, racing against the clock to provide the appropriate instructions for the robot to achieve their mission objectives.

-   Real-time play: Players each take turns in clockwise order and are free to take as long as they want on their turn. However, there is a timer counting down in real time so players will want to be as efficient—or as fast—as possible. (pressure)

-   Cooperative game play: The players all work together, winning or losing collectively as a team. Scoring rules enable teams to assess how successful their performance was and work to do better. (friendship)

-   Hidden Card Information: Players hold their cards away from them so that the fronts are facing the other players. Players give each other Intel to figure out which cards they have in hand. (wits)

-   Limited Communication: Players may only communicate via the Intel they give each other. Table talk about which cards are needed, or where the robot should go, gives implied hints about which cards to play and is prohibited. (difficulty)

NeikeDjour

QuoteFrom the four corners of the land come four pretenders to the throne, each claiming to be the rightful heir. As the four would-be Kings march towards the capitol, they gather their armies, preparing for battle.

One comes for Glory. One comes for Greed. One comes for Blood. One comes for Honor.

- Will you summon the strongest army? - Will you be the first to take the capitol? - Will your magic outwit your opponents? - Will you be the last King standing? -

King Down is an epic strategy game for 2-4 players, where each player allies themselves with one King, hand picks their army and goes into battle by competing to take down the other Kings and cross the board to victory. Described as 'the prequel to Chess', King Down incorporates age-old, intricate and fascinating mechanics from 'the Game of Kings' but breaks all the rules by reimagining the classic pieces, introducing brand new characters, and including new spell cards, strategies, tactics and win conditions. King Down is a brand new game that will stand the test of time and last the ages.

King Down features four unique Kings each with their own set of unassailable powers. Each King has an army of loyal subjects, presided over by the enchanting but lethal Queen. Each army also includes a brand new expansion of pieces known as 'Keepers of the King' - a motley crew of powerful but capricious characters. Bow (a.k.a The Archer) can "take" pieces from a distance, without moving, while Beast (a.k.a The Beast) cannot move, unless it is taking another piece. Bash (a.k.a The Paladin), on the other hand, can move quite freely, yet he himself is taken whenever it takes. Block (a.k.a The Guard) cannot take, yet no other piece can take him down. As for Cog (a.k.a The Maester), well let's just say he's a very resourceful guy...

Lori

Nice minis on that one, Nicole. I think this is a re-launch if I'm not mistaken?