Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

QuoteNemo is gone, but his machines have opened a whole new world to us! Become the master of Nautilus Industries!
In Nautilus Industries, players will take on the role of a business owner who seeks their fortune at the bottom of the sea. Word has spread of the riches that can be gathered from the depths, and the race to mine these rare earth elements has begun!

The game is played in three phases, the Action Phase, the Market Phase, and the Upkeep Phase. These phases are repeated until game end. The player with the most money (cash+stock values) at the end of the game is the winner! 

During the Action Phase players will take actions, in turn order, that include: Sending mining subs to the depths for specific elements, upgrading their warehouse capability, changing the order of the board tiles, switching resource locations, or investing in one of 5 companies.
During the Market Phase players will resolve the game boards in order by collecting the resources they mined, and either selling them or holding on to them. When players sell resources the commodity price of that resource goes down to reflect the market demand, but the stock value of the company using that resource goes up accordingly.
During the Upkeep Phase the game boards are each resupplied with 5 random gems from the bag, and the first player marker moves clockwise one player.

The actions you can take in Nautilus Industries are simple, making the game quick to learn and teach. It also means there is very little down time between turns. However, the variety of things you can manipulate and accomplish with these actions makes each game a rich, involved, and exciting experience. Your actions are limited, so use them wisely!

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Lori

Quote from: NeikeDjour on August 08, 2014, 09:12:54 AM
Mike left us a prototype copy of Nautilus, I brought it out and taught it last month. I can bring it by again this month while the campaign is active.

That would be great.  Any thoughts from those that played?

Also, does anyone have the 1st ed of Agents of Smersh?  I'm torn on that one and would love to have feedback from someone who's played.

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Lori on August 08, 2014, 01:32:19 PM
Mike left us a prototype copy of Nautilus, I brought it out and taught it last month. I can bring it by again this month while the campaign is active.

Also, does anyone have the 1st ed of Agents of Smersh?  I'm torn on that one and would love to have feedback from someone who's played.
The last time I played with Prarieguy and Bellis. I enjoyed it, I think I'd like to play it once or twice more before I decide on the KS.

Jolo

Quote from: Lori on August 08, 2014, 01:32:19 PM

I will be KSing it

Lori

I'm not familiar with this one but apparently it's been hard to get for a number of years.  They are doing a re-print:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/magecompany/florenza?ref=nav_search

prairieguy

R Newell

I've played Agents of SMERSH once.  It's basically Tales of the Arabian Nights with some more game bolted on, but since the game part isn't all that interesting, I still prefer TotAN.

Lori

Jolo

Just to keep it positive, my Sentinels Tactics arrived, 6 months ahead of schedule!

NeikeDjour

QuoteIn FLORENZA, you are the head of one of the most important families in Florence. Send your workers into the city - even to those districts controlled by your rivals - to gather the money and resources that your artists require to create their masterpiece. Recruit the greatest artists of the age to enhance your own district, embellish the Cathedral, and beautify the most important buildings in Florence. Outwit your rivals and make certain that it is your name that graces the most magnificent works in the most magnificent city of the Renaissance! 

But do not overlook the Church: offering charity to Giordano Bruno, Girolamo Savonarola, or other inspiring preachers may attract more workers to your family banner. Manage your workers and resources better than your rivals, and your name will be written in the book of history as the greatest patron the arts have ever known! Florenza includes: 40 Characters, all based on historical figures from the Italian Renaissance, each with his own distinctive likeness; 45 Workshops, reflecting the actual industries of Renaissance Florence; 36 Artworks for your artists to create, all real creations found in the wonderful city of Florence.