Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

QuoteIn Fidelitas, players take on the role of faithful citizens in a medieval city exerting influence in order to gain the credibility needed to lead the charge against the corrupt crown. Players play character cards to various locations that make up the city in order to meet conditions of hidden objectives. Each type of character card is associated with a unique action that manipulates cards in the game; use the Butcher to bully other characters to new locations, use the Student to gain more cards, use the Soldier to keep the peasants from loitering too long.

In this game where keen maneuvering is key, attentiveness to the opposition may uncover hidden motives that seek to foil your bid for power. The first player to gain a certain number points depending on the number of players is determined worthy to lead the revolt, and also wins the game.

Fidelitas is a game for 2 to 4 players, ages 10 and up and plays in 20-30 minutes. The game is designed by Jason Kotarski (The Great Heartland Hauling Co.) and Philip duBarry (Revolution!, Courtier, Canalis, Kingdom of Solomon).

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

NeikeDjour

QuoteSMERSH is a portmanteau of two Russian words that translates to "Death to Spies." It operated as a counter-intelligence agency by the Red Army during the 1940s. Despite having had a large number of paid employees, little was known about the agency until recently when Russia opened their archives.

Agents of SMERSH is a cooperative Storytelling game that pits players as UN Secret Service Spies set in an alternate 1970s timeline against a newly formed and independent SMERSH. The game will be able to accommodate play with either The Encounter Book that contains over 1500 written encounters with a similar reaction matrix to Tales of the Arabian Nights - or played more simply with only encounter cards with shorter encounters and no matrix. Agents of SMERSH includes custom dice to determine success or failure of encounters, and more strategic play from what is typically expected of a Storytelling board game. There are plenty of James Bond gadgets, guns, cars, pop references and detailed artwork - not to mention a touch of humor. The game features the artwork of George Patsouras (The Resistance & Flash Point).

NeikeDjour

QuoteERA is a brand new strategic card game for 2 players that introduces a whole new way to experience historical conflict. Players will choose 1 of 8 historical eras, with each era consisting of a deck of 60 cards. The first player to lead their Era to 15 progress points or deal 3 devastation cards to their opponent, wins! Will you plunder gold from the Aztecs with your Spanish Conquistadors, invent the light bulb with Edison and Tesla, or destroy the British army with George Washington? Each deck is loaded with dozens of personalities, events, units, and technology that made that period of history unforgettable.

Era is a no-text, symbols-only game system that allows for quick and effective game play. The symbols in the game represent key variables throughout history that have shaped civilization time and time again. These 8 key symbols give you everything you need to develop your resource engine, manage threats, field new cards, and climb your tech tree!
In ERA, there's no time travel, so you won't be confronting your opponent directly. Instead, each era deck comes with red-bordered conflict cards that represent the actual negative events your era faced, such as disease, invaders, or riots. At the beginning of the game, your era's conflict cards are given to your opponent, and they give you theirs. These cards are then shuffled into your decks for you to play against each other!

Every deck in ERA tells an unforgettable story of survival, courage, or innovation.  Choose any 1 of these 8 exciting eras--from favorites like the Egyptian Empire, to courageous cultures like the American Indians--to lead your era to victory!

In most card games, a player has 1 pile of cards they are drawing from each turn, but in Era you will be managing 3--your build pile, conflict pile, and play pile! Cards committed to your build pile help you pay for the cards in your hand. Cards committed to your conflict pile help you win conflicts, and the cards you committed to your play pile you can flip over, look at, and play that turn. 

Chochi23

Clockwork Wars, a fantasy-steampunk war game — Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2002188924/clockwork-wars-a-fantasy-steampunk-war-game

hey guys this is a link to a Kickstarter Nicole and I backed.   :2 cents
It looks really good!   :excited
Check it out. :popcorn
Back if you like.  :2cents
Share with your friends too!  :idea

NeikeDjour

QuoteIn Clockwork Wars, 2-4 players command a unique race of creatures in a brisk, tense war game set in a alternate universe where magic and steam-era technology collide. Take control of the calculating Purebreeds, the industrious Troglodytes, the mighty Rhinochs, or the proud Mongrels. Your goal is to vanquish your foes and accumulate the most victory points through seven turns of play. You earn points by fighting for control of territories that contain valuable natural resources. To win these battles, you need manpower gained by seizing villages and developing them into cities. Invest in research and discover astonishing new technologies, like Golems, Submersibles, and Analytical Engines. Position your troops, research powerful discoveries, employ espionage, and conquer your enemies to win the game!

Clockwork Wars features:
   - A modular map composed of hexagonal tiles and nine territory types (including manufactories, sorcerer's towers, and citadels) that allows for infinite replayability.
   - Four different races to choose from, each with its own unique units.
   - Hidden and simultaneous unit deployment that provides constant tension.
   - Short turns packed with tough decisions.
   - Simple, diceless combat resolution.
   - A card-based espionage system.
   - A unique "technology tree" that is different for every game. Research discoveries in one of three different disciplines: Sorcery, Science, and Religion.
   - Light civilization-building mechanisms, as players upgrade villages into cities and research discoveries through three successive, historical ages.

Lori

NeikeDjour

QuoteBack when men knew how to drink a martini, and women knew not to trust any man who claimed to know how to drink a martini, the world was a few pushed buttons away from being destroyed several times over.
Luckily, that didn't happen - but it was close - too close for comfort - several times. In those times, it was not the warheads and the tanks that would have made the difference - it was the intel - about where those warheads and tanks were, and what they could do.
G.I. Joe was right - knowing is half the battle. And knowing before your opponent knows... well, this is what [redacted] is all about.

In the 45-60 minutes of [redacted], each player must take actions, use items, and interact with other players while in the hunt for intel. Each agent has one or more partners, and must find them - while outwitting the enemy agents.

On a player's turn, an agent may move from room to room of an embassy, while a gala reception is taking place, looking for the intel that the ambassador is trying to sell. Once found, it must be extracted safely. Failing that, an agent must stop the enemy from doing the same.
For security reasons, the true loyalty of each player is hidden, even from their teammate. Players will have to obtain information the hard way, interrogating or hacking each other, in addition to using items and their surroundings to gain the upper hand.

Inspired in its mechanisms by such great games as Battlestar Galactica, Bang, Saboteur and A Study in Emerald, and in its theme by TV shows and movies like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Mission: Impossible, the Bond films, Archer and more, [redacted] is for those who like mystery - and action - in their games.

Lori

Jolo

Quote from: Lori on August 07, 2014, 12:42:48 PM
Does anybody know this fellow?  Saskatchewan game creator:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/112392540/nautilus-industries

I do.

Lamplighter's first game was kickstarted last year, Space Junk, and will be out shortly. This is the second, I played an early prototype of this called "Dig the Moon" about 3 years ago for the Fallcon Canadian Game Design of the Year award. It was top 3 for me, but did not make the cut.

Obligatory plug:
Space Junk will be a tournament game at ToonCon Friday night. Mike will be there all weekend demonstrating Nautilus Industries if you are interested.

The Earth Wars Saga will be a demo game as well, it is not by Lamplighter, and is currently not published. I would include the company, but I don't know if Joe has created a company yet.

PS
25 bucks for the weekend!

NeikeDjour

Mike left us a prototype copy of Nautilus, I brought it out and taught it last month. I can bring it by again this month while the campaign is active.