Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

What is a Trobil?  Trobils are space vermin that appear out of nowhere and begin destroying worlds.

Recently, they've appeared on the planet, Paradise, located in the O-Renj star system.  Paradise is in peril, and it needs Trobil Hunters to help!

In Asking for Trobils, Players are competing Trobil Hunters trying to gather resources like traps, crystals, space slugs, ore, and more in order to capture the Trobils plaguing Paradise.  Gather resources wisely, capture the most troublesome Trobils, and become the most successful Trobil Hunter in the galaxy!

On a player's turn they either place one ship on a location of the gameboard and interact with that location, or pick up all of their placed ships.  Turns are quick, and the game moves rapidly while every decision can make or break you.

You go to locations to grab resources needed to either create more ships for you to place, add to your connections around the board, or pick up Trobil cards which have points and ultimately decide the winner of the game.

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

NeikeDjour

QuoteDead Man's Draw is a pirate themed press your luck card game for 2-4 players and is played in 10-15 minutes.

On your turn you draw a card and place it into the play area. When you place a card into the play area you activate the Suit Ability. You can use a Cannon to blast one of your opponents cards into the discard pile. Swords steal a card from one of your opponents Bank.

Either you can place another card in the play area or Collect. If you Collect you move all the cards from the play area into your Bank to be scored at the end of the game. If you place an additional card in the play area and the Suit is the same as any other card in the play area you Bust, you do not score any points and your turn is over. Do you have what it takes to use Cannons, Swords and Hooks to grab the most loot?

Traits give players a powerful, unique special ability for the entire game. There are 17 unique Traits! Traits make Dead Man's Draw replay value off the hook. Two games are never the same!

Stardock Entertainment's digital version of Dead Man's Draw is for only 1-2 players. Mayday Games tabletop version of Dead Man's Draw plays 2-4 players. To have a Pirate Party you can combine two copies of Dead Man's Draw and play a 5-8 player game!

prairieguy

I would be interested in Dead Man's Draw

NeikeDjour

Quote from: prairieguy on July 28, 2014, 03:24:04 PM
I would be interested in Dead Man's Draw
I may jump in that as well. Still thinking...

NeikeDjour

Also, Dead Man's Draw is a free game on the iOS, if you want to try it out beforehand.

Lori

NeikeDjour

QuoteHostage Negotiator is a Solitaire (yep 1 Player) game. Still with us? Good... because this game is your gateway to the wonderful world of Solitaire gaming.  If you have never tried solo gaming and are willing to try just one game, make it this one.

Object of the Game: Your goal as a Hostage Negotiator is to save the hostages and have the crisis end with the Abductor's capture or elimination. To win, at least half of the hostages must escape with their lives AND the Abductor must be captured or eliminated.

The Game plays over multiple turns with each turn being comprised of 3 phases.

1. The Conversation Phase - this is where you play and resolve conversation cards from your hand by making a Threat Roll to influence the Abductor's Threat Level, earn Conversation Points, and save hostages. Thematically, this phase represents the back and forth dialogue between you and the abductor. Perhaps a calm conversation... or... a tense and heated exchange depending on the cards played and the results. It could also represent actions such as sending in a field team to extract some hostages while you occupy the abductor.

2. The Spend Phase - this is your chance to spend any Conversation Points you may have earned in the Conversation Phase. Similar to a deck building game you will buy cards from the available area on the table, but in this game all the cards you buy go directly into your hand for use in the next or another future turn. Thematically this represents the conversational equity you've built up with the Abductor by influencing him (or her!) and/or keeping him on the phone longer so you and your command can plan a potential use of force!

3. The Terror Phase - this is where you will draw and resolve a Terror Card. In general, bad things will happen putting pressure on the Threat Level or worse... losing one or more hostages. Thematically this represents the Abductor's (or sometimes another individual such as a hostage's) actions between conversations. Maybe the Abductor decides he/she is angry or that you are not listening to his demands. Or maybe a hostage attempts to escape! The number of cards in the Terror Deck are limited to represent the ticking of the clock... after all, the Abductor has only given you a limited amount of time to meet his/her demands!

The above is only a general summary of play, but we hope it gives you a good idea of the game. There are other details not discussed here such as Demands, the Pivotal Event Terror Card, the 2nd in Command, and more! We strongly suggest you take a look at the FULL RULES.

NeikeDjour

So many good looking games posted this morning, my afternoon is going to be busy with posting them on here. ^^;