Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCStyles

Digital Edition of the #1 rated game on BGG was successfully funded in less than an hour and a half.  I managed to get in on the early bird Physical Copy Collector's Edition tier.  So happy they're finally making this a (virtual) reality!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559431060/twilight-struggle-digital-edition
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Lori

NeikeDjour

QuoteGather metals, buy blacksmith designs and forge powerful weaponry to slay monsters through a unique time-resolved questing mechanic.

It is an age of high fantasy and the wild lands are growing restless. Dangerous things lurk in the shadows and the king has called upon all able-bodied men to fight back the ever-deepening darkness.

As a fledgling guild leader, you have some miners, a blacksmith and a few adventurers at your beck and call, so it's time to get out there, gather resources, forge weapons and slay epic monsters. You might just make a name for yourself!

You'll need to complete the king's quests to earn prestige, but these missions can get a bit rough. Your adventurers will progress through them over a series of turns, and as they advance, things get tricky.

Your adventuring band finds a great horror in the depths of the Fissure of Doom. There's an assassination attempt on the nobleman you're guarding. Reinforcements will be needed to get the job done, or you'll lose out on valuable quest rewards.

But adventurers need weapons. And blacksmiths need weapon designs. You'll have to head to the market to buy access to these designs and other game advantages.

A weapon's design will tell you what resources you need to make it, and what exactly that weapon is going to do for you. Then it's just a matter of heading into the mine and using some savvy spatial reasoning skills to get more resources than your competitors.

Forge War will constantly keep you on your toes as you make lots of little decisions that quickly add up to big consequences.

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

NeikeDjour

QuoteBe a newspaper baron in the yellow journalism era of old New York City. Cover the top stories, and go to press when the time is right!

In Penny Press, you run a newspaper in the turn of the century Yellow Journalism era.  Various stories from different newsbeats will be added to the board, and you'll be able to place your reporters on them.  On each turn, you'll be able to take one action with your reporters(placing or moving them onto stories) or go to press, if you think you're ready!  Going to press involves laying out the story pieces on your player board, to form the front page of your paper!  But you'll only be able to print stories that you've got a majority of reporters on,  Better front pages with desirable stories will score more points, and increase your circulation. 

Penny Press uses the wonderful artwork of Mackenzie Schubert on the cover and boards.  The cards feature actual news stories and pictures from the era -- the yellow journalism era at the close of the 19th Century.  We wanted to integrate the theme strongly with the components, but our first priority was always to make the game easy to play. 

All of the stories and penny tokens are cardboard. The reporters and score chips are wood.

Lori

Not that I've played Tiny Epic Kingdoms but the next installment is out - Tiny Epic Defenders:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coe/tiny-epic-defenders?ref=nav_search

NeikeDjour

GENERAL INFO: Cooperative, 1-4 players, 30 minutes.
    THEME: Fantasy, set in the world of Tiny Epic Kingdoms.
    HOOK: Fast paced, portable co-op, with a unique turn-deck mechanic.
    WIN: Defeat the Epic Foe!
    LOSE: Let the Capital City get destroyed!
    STORY: After the Great War (Tiny Epic Kingdoms), many of the factions, shattered and defeated, looked for something to cling to. One final hope before the last of their race would flow like the river into the ocean of history, gone and forgotten. It was the sages of the Order of Gamelyn who answered their prayers. They provided a new perspective on unity, and a way of life that would welcome peaceful members of any faction. A utopia for all. With very few options and a will to survive, this world alliance became an inevitable truth in the eyes of many of the factions' leaders. Even factions who hated one another had nothing left but each other. Under the guidance of the Order of Gamelyn, a Capital City was chosen and factions from all over the world came to call this city their new home. At last, the world was at peace... but not for long. A great storm is coming and in the darkness of the mist, there be demons.

Players are going to be working together, managing threat and attempting to keep up with the evolving Turn Deck. Defending the Capital City is of the utmost importance!

NeikeDjour

QuoteImagine that you are one of the crew in your favorite science fiction TV show. Now imagine that in the last 10 minutes of the show things have gone so badly that the captain is dead, and you and a member of your crew have to pull together and save the day yourselves!

The Captain Is Dead is a co-op game for 2 to 7 players. All you have to do is get the ship's engines (aka "Jump Core") back online and you win; but because there is a hostile alien ship trying to destroy you, that is easier said than done.

You have an impressive star ship full of useful systems that will help you fend off the aliens, and get the Jump Core back online.

Each system gives you an advantage while it remains online. The assault from the hostile alien ship tends to keep knocking those systems offline however. So you need to balance your time between keeping the ships systems online, fending off the alien threat, and completing your objective.

Each member of your crew has special abilities and skills. You need to work as a group to maximize the potential of each role. If someone tries to be a hero, you'll all die.

prairieguy

Had to have it lol - I backed the Captain is Dead!

NeikeDjour

Quote from: prairieguy on June 23, 2014, 09:34:58 AM
Had to have it lol - I backed the Captain is Dead!
Awesome! It looks like a lot of fun. =3 I'm tempted, I like the graphic design on it. But maybe now I'll just have to try your copy first. :P