Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori

NeikeDjour

Three games in one day?! What is this world coming to?
Well actually I had only planned to put in the one, but then saw how desolate the list had become as something like 5 games came off it in the last week alone, so I couldn't leave it like that. And then I noticed Dogs of War come up, accompanied by the reminder newsletter CMON sent me this morning about it, I figured that would be a good one to put up as soon as I remembered because it has Early Bird pledges, and everyone loves Early Bird pledges. And then it's a game that stays up longer, and I can pretend like I update this thread as much as I should.
On that note, the number of really interesting games on kickstarter has dropped drastically in the last month or so, and that's not to say that the number of games being kickstarted has dropped, but that the good ones are few and far between, so for anyone who actually checks out kickstarter, if you find something awesome, please share it, and then we can all make our game collections full of win and uniqueness.
You guys are awesome. TGIF. Go back something.
- Nik out.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

NeikeDjour

QuoteA fantasy-themed, tabletop board-game/card-game of strategy and tactics, where players assume the roles of powerful warring heroes.

The continent of Anstrus has been warring within itself for generations. With its nations locked in a struggle for power, a sudden invasion of dark forces from unknown lands is sweeping across the realm. While war rages, chaos reigns, and no ties of loyalty are left unbroken. Out of the turmoil, powerful heroes have arisen and are gathering forces to fight for their cause - some fight for good, some for evil, and some for purposes unknown. Choose your hero and emerge victorious, in Allegiance: A Realm Divided.

Allegiance: A Realm Divided is a fantasy-themed, fully self-contained tabletop game for 2 to 4 players. It is a unique board-game/card-game hybrid that is deeply strategic in nature, and usually takes between 30 and 60 minutes to play.

In Allegiance, each player assumes the role of one of 10 powerful heroes fighting in a realm divided by war. Each hero represents a different fantasy character class, and plays according to that character's style, strengths, and weaknesses. Players can customize and level-up their hero's unique abilities, enlist allied units, and play tricky action cards to defeat their enemies.

NeikeDjour

QuoteIn Bullfrogs, 2-4 players ages 8+ take control of warring factions of frogs and fight over lily pads in a pond over the course of 20-40 minutes.

Weapons clash, water splashes and the booming battle cries of armored bullfrogs ring out across the moonlit swamp. Amphibian armies leap from lily pad to lily pad in their desperate struggle to win control of the pond.

- PLAY a Lily Pad Card from a hand of 3 cards to the table.

- TAKE ACTIONS to Deploy Frogs or Bullfrogs to Lily Pad Cards or Sabotage another player's Frogs by pushing or pulling them to adjacent cards.

- SCORE Lily Pad Cards that have all their spaces filled by Frogs and Bullfrogs. Calculate the strength of each faction to determine the winner. The strongest faction on the Lily Pad Card scores it and it sinks to the bottom of the pond. The weaker factions scatter to adjacent Lily Pad Cards and any disconnected Lily Pad Cards on the table shift to reshape the game board.

- DRAW a Lily Pad Card.

Lori

NeikeDjour

QuoteIn Yardmaster, 2-4 players compete to build trains comprised of railcars of different goods and values. However, players are restricted in connecting railcars of only the same value or good type, so if you grab a railcar you can't use, it needs to wait in your sorting yard until it can legitimately hook up to your train.

Players start with three cargo cards in hand, and three railcar cards are laid out on the table. Each player has one exchange token in one of the four colors, and whoever is to the right of the start player has a Yardmaster token. On a turn, a player takes two actions, repeating an action if desired; whoever holds the Yardmaster token takes a third action on her turn, then passes this token to the right. Players can:

Draw a cargo card from the deck or (in most cases) from the top of the discard pile.
    Buy a railcar by discarding 1-4 cargo cards of the same color as the railcar, with the number determined by that railcar's value.
    Swap your exchange token for another one; you can discard two cargo cards matching the color of your token to represent one cargo card of the proper color when buying a railcar.

Four cargo cards provide bonus actions during play, such as drawing extra cargo cards or paying less cargo to purchase a railcar. The player to reach 16-18 points first wins.

Lori

Quote from: NeikeDjour on April 30, 2014, 08:33:02 AM

Thanks, Neike! The pictures are always nice.

I've decided that for $15 (US) I'm backing this one so if anyone else wants to piggyback on with me just let me know.

Lori

NeikeDjour

QuoteTransylvania: Curses & Traitors is a fast-paced Adventure & Exploration board game for 3-6 players averaging 45-60 minutes. The game is a race to secure the fate of Transylvania- will you find the knowledge to solve the Curse, or will your darker side lead you to a monstrous reign of terror?  Many will die trying to find out - but dying is half the fun!

Designed for incredible replay with a modular board, variable player powers, and decks of Event and Quest cards, the game provides a unique and engaging journey into the wilds of Transylvania every time you play. A winner-take-all competition with your friends, Transylvania: Curses & Traitors provides multiple paths to victory.

Players begin the game as an Adventurer. These Adventurers have variable player powers including Movement, Attack, Mind, and Spirit traits. Fully illustrated character cards help players keep track of their starting trait levels and health.  Character cards are 4" x 4" (10.16 x 10.16cm) and have a male version of the character on one side and a female version of the character on the other side. The game is played on a modular board consisting of sixteen unique and beautifully illustrated tiles, each 6" x 6" (15.24 x 15.24cm)

Adventurers begin their Quest on the Church Tile and then explore outward laying new tiles discovering new areas such as the Castle, Observatory, and Graveyard.  On many of the board tiles players will encounter Event spaces marked with the "E" icon requiring the player to draw and resolve an Event Card. Most Event Cards describe a perilous situation that the Adventurer must face and overcome. A poor roll will often result in loss of health, while rewards are given for a successful roll.

Adventurers will also encounter Token Spaces (the gear-shaped icons) on which Quest Tokens are placed when the tile is laid.  To win the token, the Adventurer must make a die roll.  The number of dice rolled depends on the character's traits. If the player is successful they exchange the token for a Quest Card. The Quest Deck consists of items (some helpful, some cursed, while others are a bit of both), Knowledge Cards needed to solve the curse and win the game, and Transformation Cards that turn players into Monsters.
f players collect the wrong (or right!) combination of cards they are transformed into Monsters.  As the Vampire, the Werewolf, or the Zombie the goal for winning the game immediately becomes killing the Adventurers

3 PATHS TO VICTORY
    Solve the curse:  Collect Knowledge Cards from the Quest Deck and return your pawn to the Church Tile.
    Slay a Monster:  Collect Item Cards from the Quest Deck that make you powerful enough to fight and kill one of the Monsters.
    Kill other players:  Transform into a Monster with a Transformation card and then attack and kill half of the players.

NeikeDjour

QuoteThe Agents is a new strategic card game for 2-5 players, that introduces a unique 'Double-edged cards' mechanic into the undercover world of covert operations and espionage.

The Agents is a deceptively simple card game; easy to learn, set up and start playing, but underpinned by intricate decision-making gameplay. Players must join their Agents into Factions, assign Missions and take their opponents down, to gather intel and win the most points.

Throughout the game, you'll need both commands and points to advance. Commands will allow you to manipulate Agents, control your Factions, and influence other players. But you'll need points to buy more Agents and Missions. And ultimately, the player with the most points wins. Deciding how to place each card will require strategic precision and calculated foresight, as you try to further your own goals, and prevent your opponents from reaching theirs.