Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

QuoteSuper Dungeon Explore brings classic video game style hack and slash adventures to your tabletop. Heroes are pitted against the evil Dark Consul in a fast-paced dungeon battle game. Gather powerful loot, customize your Heroes, and defeat the dungeon's boss in fully cooperative Arcade Mode. Or play in Classic Mode and have one player take control of the dungeon pitting the Consul's hordes of monsters against your fellow players.

Forgotten King, our third expansion, is an exciting new starting point for playing games of Super Dungeon Explore with your friends. Forgotten King is a stand-alone board game that includes everything you need to play your games of Super Dungeon Explore, including: a complete and updated rulebook, 57 preassembled miniatures, 6 beautifully illustrated double-sided dungeon tiles, counters, and game cards.

The Dark Consul's power has created spawning points throughout the dungeon that will create endless hordes of monsters to ravage Crystalia. The Heroes must journey through the dungeon and destroy all of the spawning points in order to summon and defeat the dreaded dungeon boss. The Consul must destroy all of the Heroes before they succeed.

Over the course of a game the Heroes and Consul take turns activating models. As monsters are destroyed the Consul will spawn reinforcements from spawning points. This power is not to be used lightly. Each spawning point has a finite amount of power and every spawn will drain its energy, and the Heroes will attempt to hasten their destruction with all their skill and strength.

With each spawning point's destruction a powerful mini-boss will spawn. One by one the Heroes will seek to defeat them earning loot, treasure, and valuable princess coins. Once the last spawning point is destroyed the dungeon boss will spawn and an epic battle for the fate of Crystalia will commence!

Play how you want!
Forgotten King features two game modes: Classic and Arcade.

In Classic Mode, one player assumes the role of the Dark Consul and opposes the other players. As the Consul they control all of the monsters in the dungeon, attempting to defeat the Heroes and bring darkness to Crystalia.
In Arcade Mode, all players take the role of the Heroes. The Arcade Deck controls the dungeon, issuing the Consul's commands for his minions: how they engage the Heroes, where to attack, and when to unleash their devastating special actions.

You can also tailor your dungeon, modifying the difficulty to suit your players.

Beyond the box, Soda Pop Miniatures features our new PVP Arena Living Ruleset, pitting Hero vs Hero available for free on our website. In addition, Forgotten King has been designed in anticipation of our upcoming Super Dungeon: Legends campaign expansion.

No matter how you play, Super Dungeon Explore features fast and furious fun. With a vibrant player community tens of thousands strong and growing, you'll never want for players. Forgotten King is your perfect gateway into the heroic realm of Crystalia!

Backwards Compatible
If you are already a fan of Super Dungeon Explore, Forgotten King is fully backwards compatible with your existing models and game cards. Forgotten King includes a short errata detailing any necessary changes you need to take into account. However, for the completionist all backers will receive three upgrade card packs that include current errata, rebalanced monsters, and Arcade cards for cooperative play.

There is a ton of stuff in this KS. If you have or like Super Dungeon Explore, or have wanted to look into it, this is a KILLER DEAL!You get so much stuff in it, it's standalone for those of you who haven't gotten into the game yet, and is an expansion for those of you who want to add to your game. TONS of Stretch Goals have been unlocked, adding so much stuff that they have to send it in 2 boxes!

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

NeikeDjour

QuoteMERCS: Recon is a fully cooperative, stand-alone game set in the exciting MERCS world. Players infiltrate an opposing MegaCon location, fight through crowded hallways, capture and interrogate employees, find mission objectives, and secure the package.

The year is 2184, many decades ago nations merged with corporations to form giant mega-conglomerates called MegaCons. Nations were dissolved and the military folded into the company. These elite military and counter-security units have been given the acronym MERCS. They represent the tip of the spear. They are involved in everything from internal MegaCon security to reconnaissance and clandestine operations.

Players control their MERCS using the player board. The player board tracks command points, actions, and health. It also informs the player of what type of attacks his character can perform.
CCC player boardCCC player board

The office where the game takes place is created using double-sided modular boards. The modular nature of the game board lends itself to dozens of different floor-plans providing a new experience every time. The tight corridors of the office deliver incredible tension. By the time the MERCS get to the end of a mission there is still a lot at stake and the results are very much up in the air.

Recon is a fully cooperative game. No one is forced to play the enemy. The game is designed around simple choices. From the agent movement to the appearance of the oppositional force (OPFOR), players are left wondering what to expect next. The AI is aggressive and MERCS must work as a tight cohesive unit in order to accomplish the objectives. The OPFOR comes at the players from all sides. They are unrelenting; they do not stop. The players must stay focused and make careful decisions. Yet the players can't turtle and creep, because with each passing moment the office becomes more and more dangerous.

Recon feels claustrophobic. The MERCS have to react to an ever-changing landscape. Recon has a building damage mechanic in the form of collateral damage discs. These discs alter the environment forcing the MERCS to change their plans on the fly. 
Recon prototype in testing.Recon prototype in testing.

As the MERCS damage the building, kill security forces, capture employees, and complete objectives, the security level in the office increases. Suddenly, the security forces are better armored and equipped. They begin appearing from everywhere: busting through the windows and the stairs. When the MERCS finally reach the primary objective, Recon pulls out all the stops and the MERCS enter a breach and clear event. Breach and clear actions are super exciting as we'll show in future videos.

In the end, a game of MERCS: Recon can be played in an hour. It moves quickly and is very exciting.

As always, MERCS miniatures are highly detailed, dynamic models. Recon miniatures are designed to cross over and be played with the existing MERCS tabletop models. This means they will be equally detailed with cool posing and uniform scaling.

NeikeDjour

QuotePleasant Dreams is a one or two-player card game placing the players in a dreamworld where they fend off nightmares. Decide whether you want to hold on to pleasant fragments of your dream... but beware, anything may come back to haunt you!

During the game, you'll be trying to outwit your opponent by manipulating The Dreaming, and deciding whether or not to push your luck by delving deeper into the deck. In a two-player game you can influence your opponent's dream, while in the solitaire game you just know that things will get worse. This all culminates in a fast five to ten minute experience that leaves players coming back for more.

As a psychologist I'm intrigued by how we relate to our experiences. With Pleasant Dreams I wanted to evoke a feeling of rising tension, somewhat akin to what we feel when a dream slowly turns into a nightmare. The haunting artwork from Wayne Dorrington is what really ties the theme and mechanics of the game together.

NeikeDjour

QuoteEver wonder what it takes to create the ads you see during the Big Game? Or how a logo came into existence? Or scratch your head at a snack food ad that makes no sense? Creative Clash is a game based on the crazy, behind-the-scenes world of advertising. It's an industry full of amazing people, brilliant work, and nonstop energy. It's also, quite frankly, downright ridiculous!

Creative Clash is brought to you by The Infantree, a branding and graphic design studio in Lancaster, PA. We're avid board game enthusiasts and it's always been a dream of our growing agency to make a game based on our experiences in the wide world of advertising and design.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a hot shot creative in an advertising agency or a graphic design studio? Take on the role of Principal of your own creative agency, hire Employees, complete Projects, buy cool Stuff, and sabotage your friends with Event cards. The first player to reach their Ego goal is declared winner!

NeikeDjour

QuoteDig Down Dwarf is a fast-paced press-your-luck dice game that is also the winner of the Micro Game Challenge!
128 designs were entered into the contest and Dig Down Dwarf was unanimously picked #1 overall by the judges!

NeikeDjour

QuoteThe object of the game is to play your Minions in order to amass a powerful force and defeat your opponent.  But don't worry, when minions themselves are not enough, you can call on a wide assortment of amusing items and terrifying spells to lay low your enemies!

Every card has a play cost. This usually ranges from free to $3.  Each player has $3 to spend per turn, although sometimes this can increase or decrease based on other cards in play.  Each turn you may play as many cards as you can afford.  Make sure you spend your money, you cannot save it up between turns!

Shared Deck

All players share and draw from the same deck - this makes it easy to travel with the game, and allows a ton of freedom in game mechanics. Take cards right from your opponent's hand and play them, or maybe your opponent will snag up the card you just discarded. The possibilities are limitless!
Two Draw Piles

Not one, but two draw piles - one face up, one face down.  Whenever you draw cards, you get to draw from either pile - but beware, the face up pile has traps and you won't want to hit those!

Card Flipping

Ever feel like your cards are too hard to protect?  A Pretty Overpowered Laser from your opponent is all it takes to nuke down your Brobarian. Fear not - use the Flip mechanic to flip your cards face down and protect them for a turn.  But wait, what if your opponent is the one with the Brobarian? Go ahead and use flip on his card to flip it face down and make it unusable next turn! This dual purpose mechanic has a ton of flexibility both offensively and defensively.

NeikeDjour

Minion is now the second game that I just meant to post in the forums, but then as I was writing the description, became so entranced by it that I had to back it...dang.

NeikeDjour

QuoteHeavy Steam is a steampunk themed strategy and resource management game that uses mechs called steam titans in miniature based combat!

Set in a steampunk universe, Heavy Steam is a game about piloting a giant mechanical humanoid war machine of doom. As a pilot you use the steam titan's resources to strategically complete scenario objectives. More often than not it's to defeat your opponent, but you've never shied away from a fight, have you?

Heavy Steam is a game about using your resources wisely to strategically attack your opponent. Set in a steampunk universe, your job is to decide where to utilize your energy, a compound called "zenjin" more commonly referred to as steam rock or steam for short, in your...well.... steam titan. Steam titans are giant war machines manned by talented pilots who are part strategists, part engineers, and part navigators. They also happen to be the rock stars of their day. Using your pilot's special abilities, as well as cards that modify your weapons and the terrain, you decide whether to power up your weapons, bolster your defenses or transfer steam to your legs in order to move.

Phases allow you to move your steam titan, attack the enemy, manage your energy, purchase cards, and keep your pressure from reaching the critical stages. Because the flow of steam takes time, you must think several turns ahead while also reacting immediately to enemy attack. Players roll one set of dice for attack and a different unique set for defense. Since you are creating a campaign against your opponent, and reacting to their attack it's best to plan ahead, but prepare a backup plan!

Bix Conners

Quote from: NeikeDjour on April 25, 2014, 08:50:21 AM
Minion is now the second game that I just meant to post in the forums, but then as I was writing the description, became so entranced by it that I had to back it...dang.

Made me chuckle, glad I am not the only only that finds this thread...
...dangerous. :)
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

NeikeDjour

QuoteConceived by renowned game designer Paolo Mori, Dogs of War is an elegant game set in a steampunk-influenced renaissance universe. Noble houses engage each other in a series of fierce battles, and it is up to the players and the Dogs of War they control to deploy their private armies in support of whatever house they wish to favour.

Game Overview
Players take to the battlefield as one of the Dogs of War! As Captains of their own private army, each Dog of War has a special ability that will help them win influence, battles, or betray the house they've sworn allegiance to!

Dogs of War is not a game of pure military power, but rather a game where deception and betrayal often lead the way to a decisive victory. The goal for the Dogs of War is to earn the most power by the end of the game. Thanks to thoughtful game design and development, there are many ways to achieve this, like defeating other Captains in battle, getting rewards from the Houses you help, amassing gold and troops and, most importantly, gaining influence with the most successful Houses.

Each game of Dogs of War lasts about an hour and is designed for 3 to 5 players.