Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

QuotePay Dirt is an engine building, worker placement game set in frigid Alaska for 2-4 players. Players are competing to manage and grow their entire mining outfit while acquiring the most gold before the ground is too frozen to dig. The Alaskan countryside is an inhospitable environment, so players will face hardships that affect their entire outfit – not to mention the ever-dropping temperature that will shut down their operation.

In Pay Dirt, players start with a small basic crew, an unimpressive claim, mediocre equipment and just a little bit of cash to make a go in one of the toughest competitions this side of the globe. Gold mining isn't cheap and players will have to sell their gold throughout the game to keep the equipment running and their workers happy. Through clever use of their equipment and workers, players can make their mining outfits more efficient and dialed in to their preference of play. Will you recruit heavily and stack your camp with workers or will you keep your eyes on better and more efficient equipment? Will you have what it takes to hit to strike it rich and hit Pay Dirt?

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Cordawg

Thinking of backing a game called tuscany expand the world of viticulture  it seems like a real intresting game 

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Cordawg on March 14, 2014, 09:49:40 AM
Thinking of backing a game called tuscany expand the world of viticulture  it seems like a real intresting game
Yeah, Tuscany is the expansion to Viticulture. I was going to post that one. It's another Stonemaier game, so I bet it's awesome. The kickstarter price for the 2 is pretty awesome as well, considering I've seen Viticulture in stores for $50, whereas both it and the expansion in the kickstarter are $80 with free shipping. And the expansion is supposed to have a $70 MSRP by itself when it hits retail because it's a massive expansion. I think I saw somewhere that it's like 8 expansions in one box. :P

Cordawg

Quote from: NeikeDjour on March 14, 2014, 10:01:13 AM
Quote from: Cordawg on March 14, 2014, 09:49:40 AM
Yeah, Tuscany is the expansion to Viticulture. I was going to post that one. It's another Stonemaier game, so I bet it's awesome. The kickstarter price for the 2 is pretty awesome as well, considering I've seen Viticulture in stores for $50, whereas both it and the expansion in the kickstarter are $80 with free shipping. And the expansion is supposed to have a $70 MSRP by itself when it hits retail because it's a massive expansion. I think I saw somewhere that it's like 8 expansions in one box. :P
ya I know it's a huge expansion  and it looks like its well done too with  the 7 expansions and also free shipping

Jolo

Viticulture is a light WP game, so if you like that style of games, you will probably like it. I am not a fan of WP games, but I bought it because of the theme. I still play it, even though it is WP. There were some issues in the first edition with some of the visitors, but if you like WP games, or wine, I think you will like the game.

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Jolo on March 14, 2014, 10:35:28 AM
Viticulture is a light WP game, so if you like that style of games, you will probably like it. I am not a fan of WP games, but I bought it because of the theme. I still play it, even though it is WP. There were some issues in the first edition with some of the visitors, but if you like WP games, or wine, I think you will like the game.
Apparently any copies of Viticulture in this kickstarter are going to be second edition, and I think they mentioned that they've fixed the issues of the first printing. And if you get just Tuscany, then it has the replacements for the original game in the box.

Nice to see them putting in an effort to get you the pieces to fix things.

NeikeDjour

QuoteImagine yourself some 10,000 years ago in the Middle East. Your clan has left the ancient nomadic life and settled with four other clans in the valley. The community has repeatedly succeeded in harvesting crops, and some families are getting better at raising animals; next moon will see the birth of a new generation of pups. We all praise our own gods and Mother Goddess for being good to us. This new era has brought something new to us: The area is progressively filling with dwellings, built tight against each other. New generations are building their houses over the remains of old constructions. Our greatest families have now constructions way up over the land, proudly showing off their shrines and wealth to the community. Who knows, when the children of our children will come to the world, which clan will rule this multitude?

In Höyük, each player represents a clan that settles with other clans to erect a village. During the game, a replica of a Neolithic settlement will be built on the Höyük board using tiles that represent houses. Many additional pieces — such as ovens, shrines, and pens — will also aid a player in building his settlements. ("Höyük" is Turkish for hill or mound. The word is also used for prehistoric settlements in the region that have a characteristic, hill-like look from houses being build on top of older houses and the absence of streets between the houses because people entered their homes through the roof.)

The goal of the game is to build the best settlement and score the most victory points, with multiple paths to victory and many choices along the way. The best clan will prevail in Höyük!

Bix Conners

Well I caved and backed Tokaido and the Tuscany/Viticulture bundle.
I am weak, weak I tells ya. 
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

NeikeDjour

QuoteBuild. Grow. Create. Alban Viard's modern classic, a fun, quick, challenging 30-60 min. city building game for 1-4(-8) players.

Town Center has been through a lot. It has been done in tiny 10mm cubes, in Lego bricks, in big 16mm cubes, even in giant 30mm cubes. Now, it is time for the game to reach its full potential, and be published for all to enjoy building their city, growing it to become a mini-metropolis.

Town Center was not built in a day. However, it takes seconds to learn, and yet it can be quite the challenge to win.

1. Draft buildings

2. Build them into your city

3. Develop properties

That's it! 10 turns, this is all you have to build and grow your newly-chartered town into a skyscraper-filled metropolis.

There's many decisions to be made, but they all come in 16mm-sized bits, with no downtime between turns, as there's always something to do. Before you know it, your opponents have reached the sky, and you're still trying to figure out where that parking lot will go!

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Matt Robertson on March 19, 2014, 08:09:41 AM
Well I caved and backed Tokaido and the Tuscany/Viticulture bundle.
I am weak, weak I tells ya.
Tokaido looks like it will be amazing, even if they have been going through some changes in their Kickstarter. I'm looking forward to the prepainted minis in the Samurai pledge. The examples they've shown so far look pretty good.

And Viticulture/Tuscany... that's quite the deal. Did you go for the wooden box with the metal Lira coins, or just the two games? I'm still deciding whether I'm going to jump into that or not. I wonder if anyone in the group has the game to try before I pledge. :P