Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

I wouldn't mind going into Pairs if anyone wanted to go into a group buy. It becomes a decent amount less after the first buy.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Cordawg

ill go in with you for the group buy it seems like a really intresting and quick game

Bix Conners

Quote from: NeikeDjour on March 06, 2014, 05:08:08 PM
I wouldn't mind going into Pairs if anyone wanted to go into a group buy. It becomes a decent amount less after the first buy.
Count me in on this. I can pay you Tuesday, (if you remind me of course). :)
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

prairieguy

Add me in for Pears as well - let me know how much you need Tuesday!

NeikeDjour

It's $20(including shipping) for the tier with 1 deck, and then gets cheaper per deck the more people we get into this. At 2 decks its $31(including shipping) which comes out to $15.50 per deck.

Here's a table of the cost per deck, depending on how many we get into the group buy. The amount it goes down is less gradual after getting at least 2 decks, but it's still saving at least $5 per copy versus if you were just going into it alone.

One Deck$20.00
Two Decks$15.50
Three Decks$14.00
Four Decks$13.25
Five Decks$12.80
Six Decks$12.50
Eight Decks$12.25
Nine Decks$12.22
Twelve Decks$12.08
*Price Per Deck, includes shipping.

Use this table as a guide, the kickstarter ends next week Friday, so people can jump in until Thursday the 13th and then I'll lock down the pledge. I can gather money whenever people can get it to me. If it's a little after the kickstarter is done, that is fine as well. 

After the kickstarter is finished, everyone will have to let me know which style of art they would like for their deck. Current available style samples can be found here: [http://cheapass.com/freegames/pairs]

I've bolded the value of how much it will cost us each based on how many have said they are in thus far.

NeikeDjour

QuoteA dangerous, perplexing word game and dungeon delve where only those with the quickest wit and largest vocabulary survive.

As sorcerers of the mystical art of Word Weaving, you and several other treasure hunters will descend into the Tomb of the Forgotten Consonant and quest for the Syllabus of the Lost Syllable. When the journey is complete, only the most heroic word smith will walk away with the win!

Dungeon Scroll is a word game where players spell words (cast spells) to meet specific word challenges (dungeon encounters) to score points (gain gold).   If the encounter is a "combat" encounter, typically the player that can play the highest point word will win the encounter and claim the highest gold reward on the dungeon card, with other players claiming the second and third reward - however that is not always true as each dungeon challenge provides twists and turns; to the sorts of words that can be played!
A layered dungeon of 9 cards is formed by randomly selecting cards from the Entrance (x1), 1st Floor (x3), 2nd Floor(x3), Dungeon Boss(x1) and Final Room (x1) dungeon cards and combining them into a face down stack. Each turn the top card will be flipped (starting with the Entrance) and players will face the specific encounter on the card. Thematically it could be anything from a Skeleton or Pit Trap to an Ancient Dragon. 

Dungeon Scroll is played over several challenges, with each card in the Dungeon Deck representing one challenge.  Each challenge has the following steps:

Step 1 - Draw A Dungeon Card:
To start the challenge, read the special rules on the top-most Dungeon Card aloud. Each card will have unique rules.
Step 2 - Construct Words (a.k.a. Combat):
All players may look at their Letter Cards and should attempt to form a single word.  A word must contain at least two letters.  A player will place the word face-up, and the remaining cards face down. This indicates that the player is officially done building a word.
Step 3 - Start The Timer:
Once a player has completed his/her word, that player should begin the timer.  When the timer runs out, this player should call "Times Up" and all players who have not yet played a word face-up are disqualified from the challenge.
Step 4 - Score Word Power:
Each player should read their word aloud and score their total word power.  A word's power is calculated by adding up the values in each letter's power icon, then multiplying the score for each "2x" Special Letter card in the word.  If a word has multiple "2x" bonuses in it, the multiplier applies multiple times. If a player does not believe that another player's word is legal, the player may challenge the word. 
Step 5 - Collect Gold:
Players earn gold based on their word power.  The player with the highest word power takes the top-most gold value shown on the card. The second place player takes the second gold value, and the third place player takes the third (and smallest) gold value.  All other players gain nothing. If two players tie for the same word value, add together the contested gold amounts, then divide it equally among them, discarding any remainder of gold.
Step 6 - Redraw And Continue:
After the challenge is resolved, players discard all of the Letter Cards they used to form their word. Players keep the cards they did not use, and redraw back to a hand of 8 cards. Players may not look at the new cards they have drawn until the next challenge begins.
If a player did not play a word, the player may look through their hand and discard whatever letters they like.   
Ending The Game
The player with the most gold wins the game.  If there is a tie, the player with the most dungeon cards wins.  If there is still a tie, we recommend those two tie face off against a random Dungeon Card.  Whoever wins the challenge is considered the winner of the end-game tie!

NeikeDjour

QuotePhonetic Scrabble meets Apples-to-Apples! Pijin is an exciting game of quick-witted phonetic spelling & word associations!
Pijin is a unique word game of spelling with phonemes. Players spell what they hear and only what they hear in pronunciation. "Pigeon" is spelled /pijin/, "words" becomes /wurdz/, "spelling" is /speleng/, and so on. Words spelled phonetically look a little strange, but that's part of the fun as players explore and tinker with the sounds of language! When playing Pijin the familiar restrictive world of proper spelling and pronunciation opens out into a vast playing field of linguistic possibilities.  That's not to say that Pijin encourages improper spelling -- rather, it focuses attention on sounds and players therefore develop a better understanding of speech and spelling conventions while creating words with phonemes, and no dictionary, no vocabulary list, nor any special expertise is required. Being a native speaker in any language is all you need. Bring to the table what you've heard and what you say, and then get ready to talk about it as you play!

Pijin is for two or more players, 8 years and up, and it takes between 20-60 minutes, depending on which module of Pijin is being played. The basic rules are a cinch to learn, but playing remains challenging and fun as you master the game. As in Bananagrams, Scrabble and Words with Friends, you spell words competitively to gather as many points as possible.  As in Apples to Apples, Scattergories and Anomia, the evaluation of gameplay is up to the players in the game.

/SKRACHEZ/, is that Scratches or Scratchies? Could be lottery tickets? Scratch-and-Sniff stickers? Or, scrapes and itches? Once the vowel is set, long or short, it stays that way for the rest of the game.

NeikeDjour

Just a friendly note for those interested, the party game 2 Rooms and a Boom has now just started it's post-kickstarter pre-orders. If you've played it and liked it (or you just know you're going to want it), and can't stand the tension of waiting to get a physical copy of your own - this will get you the game right after all of the Kickstarter copies have been sent out.

Check it out: http://tuesdayknightgames.com/tworoomsandaboom/

I'm going to be making a PnP version of this game and bringing it out to a Chewsday Challenge, so be on the lookout!

NeikeDjour

QuoteWorried that the legacy of his people could be destined for obscurity, King Ahem decided to host a magnificent competition in his dry and dusty kingdom of Meeplestand. Issued to neighboring regions, he called for only the most skilled architects to aid in the construction of a grand tower--one so tall that it would touch the heavens!

In Tower, players take the role of talented architects who must collect, purchase, and build their way to victory--but watch out for the unsavory thugs of the black market, who would happily help you along just as quickly as they would stab you in the back on behalf of your competitors... it all depends on who's footing the bill. The first player to build all three of his/her tower segments is the winner!

scuudz

Tory Niemann's (designer of Alien Frontiers) new game Pay Dirt is now on Kickstarter.  It has been getting quite a bit of buzz, and the theme is very different from anything else that I've seen out there.  I do not think I will be backing this though.