Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bix Conners

Quote from: Rosencrantz on February 07, 2014, 02:21:59 PM
Quote from: Matt Robertson on February 07, 2014, 11:52:05 AM

I am going to pick up Coconuts when it is commercially available. Looks like it will be a hit with in the Loser;s Lounge on Poker Night. :)

I will not ever give Seth Hiatt money up front for anything though, he has quite a history of unethical (if not fraudulent) behaviour.

Hm.  I wasn't aware of that.  I've never had any issues receiving anything I've Kickstarted (yet).  However, I don't take anything on there for granted because you never know what will happen between pledging and actual delivery, or lack of delivery.

The problems I read about / heard about were before Kickstarter. I will tell you sometime over a beer at ChewsDay Challenge. He had his hands caught in the cookie jar of a couple of train wrecks. Maybe he has changed his ways. 
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

R Newell

Yeah, I'd personally be hesitant to pre-order anything that has Seth Hiatt's involvement.

Also, I'm looking forward to playing Matt's future copy of Fief.  :D

Colin Dearborn

Browsing Kickstarter tonight and found

This town ain't big enough for the 2-4 of us from Tasty Minstrel.

Mini tile laying game with a western theme, ordered 2 copies for a total of 6$. The name pretty much hooked me.

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Colin Dearborn on February 09, 2014, 12:12:38 AM
Browsing Kickstarter tonight and found

This town ain't big enough for the 2-4 of us from Tasty Minstrel.

Mini tile laying game with a western theme, ordered 2 copies for a total of 6$. The name pretty much hooked me.
Haha, yeah. For $3, it's worth a try. =) I try out all of their microgames. This one kind of looks like a dumbed down version of Carcassonne on the go. :P
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

NeikeDjour

QuoteCity of Aldenheim - Complete adventure-location pack gives you a complete adventures maps and backgrounds ready to use, compatible with any RPG system. It is the first edition of a new project that focuses on supplying game masters with unique locations to place their fantasy RPGs campaigns. Prepare your characters and enjoy the intrigue, adventure and danger that Aldenheim offers.

City of Aldenheim is the first piece of a whole campaign setting to be further developed in additional [or "later"] installments. Feel free to make this world your own, to be a hero and make it bigger with your own stories. An original city, built on three levels around an ancient promontory, made by a lost civilization.

• General maps of the city, its neighborhoods and its most important buildings. Illustrated, detailed high quality maps that presents 8 key locations ready to play. A grid has been applied to these locations, in order to be used with  miniature games and tabletop. All locations include several maps representing the floors and buildings of each location.

The locations included in the campaign are:

The Palace: Aldenheim's palace dominates the city from the top of the promontory. It is the Alden dynasty home, descendants of Galagar, founder of the city. There are many stories that talk about a hidden power inside the castle, a secret hand that guides the Aldens' destiny.

Temple: The main temple in Aldenheim is dedicated to Nuimir, god of fortune, gems and the patron of traders. The temple has the protection of the governor and is said to be very rich.

Wizard's Tower: Upright in the highest part of the city, the Wizard's Tower keeps big secrets, arcane items and ancient tomes of forbidden knowledge.

The Manor: Watching the slope, situated in a gardened area of the second level, there is the domain of the Aldpride family, relatives of Alden who govern the city. They are a rich, powerful and influential family, led by Trevius Aldpride.

Explorer's Guild: The Explorers Guild is a sophisticated society belonging to wealthy merchants, nobles and captains. Non-members can pay for the services of the guild to have access to ships, exploration resources and high quality cartographic information.

The Iron Maw (Tavern): The Iron Maw is a sordid tavern frequented by sailors and citizens from the ground floor. They serve a liquor so strong, that it could bring down a troll. Although a site usually unpleasant, its a good source of information and gossip.Guard Barracks & Jail: Located at the base of the city, the barracks is the city guard operation centre. The city has about 80 guards, 15 of which are permanently in the barracks. The prison has the capacity to hold between 20 and 30 prisoners.

The Thieves Guild: Somewhere near the city, hidden underground, is the Thieves Guild. It is a secret and dangerous place where only the bravest dare to enter.

These maps are ready to print at 420x297mm and 300dpi A3 with maximum quality. Information, hooks for characters, plots, advice and game-aid are presented individually for each key location.

scuudz

Quote from: Matt Robertson on February 07, 2014, 12:58:29 PM
Quote from: scuudz on February 06, 2014, 10:31:25 AM
I'm seriously considering backing Fief - France 1429 on KS.  Has anyone else on here backed this?  Seems like a deep and interesting game.  5 days left.

Curses. Between you an NeikeDjour, I just decided to back this. This could be a VERY bad thread for me to read. :D

I can relate.  I've backed it too.  It definitely sounds like my kind of game.

Jolo

Quote from: Matt Robertson on February 07, 2014, 02:30:56 PM
Quote from: Rosencrantz on February 07, 2014, 02:21:59 PM
Quote from: Matt Robertson on February 07, 2014, 11:52:05 AM

I am going to pick up Coconuts when it is commercially available. Looks like it will be a hit with in the Loser;s Lounge on Poker Night. :)

I will not ever give Seth Hiatt money up front for anything though, he has quite a history of unethical (if not fraudulent) behaviour.

Hm.  I wasn't aware of that.  I've never had any issues receiving anything I've Kickstarted (yet).  However, I don't take anything on there for granted because you never know what will happen between pledging and actual delivery, or lack of delivery.

The problems I read about / heard about were before Kickstarter. I will tell you sometime over a beer at ChewsDay Challenge. He had his hands caught in the cookie jar of a couple of train wrecks. Maybe he has changed his ways.

Well, there was the crokinole board that was improperly made that he was getting customers to ship to each other, it is much easier than getting them to ship it back and sending out a replacement (see Fortress Ameritrash for details), then there was the kickstarter he did that was composed of him buying a lot of Queen Games Kingdom Builder that he was shipping over and selling via KS.

He has no scruples, bear that in mind.

NeikeDjour

Who else went into the Myth KS? It had a estimated delivery for Jan 2014 but was unfortunately delayed and hopefully sending out this month. In the meantime while I was waiting, I started looking around at the stuff posted at BGG under it and found these awesome tuckbox designs by David Jackson(CarelessOpossum), and made a set for myself. They look really amazing. (Though mine look a lot less polished than his do. My spray adhesive didn't work well, and I don't think spraying it in the cold temperatures helped much either towards this. It's something to keep in mind. I used double sided tape to restick the two layers where it came up.)

If you're interested in making a set for yourself, you can find the documents here: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/99172/myth-tuckboxes-for-sleeved-cards-by-carelessopossu

Quote24lb "Linen Business Paper"
110lb card stock
Scotch "Super 77" Spray adhesive
Scotch Permanent Double Sided Tape
Gray and Brown Crayola Markers

1. Print box image onto 24lb linen paper
2. Spray 110lb cardstock with thin layer of spray adhesive, stick box image down to it and smooth out. The adhesive dries really fast and doesn't warp the paper.
3. (Optional) Print desired interior image on linen paper, and stick to other side of cardstock. Or print image on cardstock opposite of side you stick box image to. I swiped a stretch goal tile image from the kickstarter page.
4. Cut Carefully. Can use a blade and straightedge, though I typically use scissors. Some of the cuts are more easily made (curved flaps, etc) if you skip ahead and score/fold some, then come back to them.
5. Score fold lines with straight edge + some object - I used an upside-down butter knife. Hard enough to indent, not hard enough to cut the paper.
6. Fold each fold line, I usually press them a little beyond the 90 degrees that is required.
7. Glue or tape the two flaps, I use the double sided tape.
6. Drag gray and brown Crayola markers over the fold lines/exposed edges in the respective areas. There's going to be some white showing on the fold lines. This is a pretty minor step that goes a long way on appearance.
7. Profit

NeikeDjour

QuoteTerrene Odyssey is a competitive 1v1 or 2v2 battle card game set in a destabilized fantasy world discovering its ancient industrial past. Experience the amazing battles in Terreria as the Commanding Officer of your party of adventurers. Each match you play is like random encounter battle in an RPG world, but this time, instead of creatures, you will be fighting other adventurers just as determined as you. You are the Commanding Officer of your party of Adventurers. Defeat the enemy party in this competitive 1v1 and 2v2, all-inclusive battle card game modeled after the battle systems of 90's Video Game RPG's.

- Character Cards form your party. These are the main cards in Terrene Odyssey.
- Terrain Cards represent where your characters are from and affect how they will Level Up.
- Items Cards are physical objects a character can be holding.
- Command Cards represent orders you give your characters.

Starting Party Composition: Terrene Odyssey is different from other games because you start the game with 9 cards in play. 4 Characters, 4 Items and/or Commands assigned to those characters and a Terrain card. This is your starting Party Composition. What build will you play?

- Recruit Your Party: From your 30 card deck, pick your starting party. Recruit 4 characters from your deck and put them into play face-down.
- Assign Items and Commands from your deck to your starting party.
- Pick the terrain where your party will fight. Give them Terrain advantage and govern how they will level up.
- Win Battles and Level Up: Defeat your opponent's characters to gain XP and Level up! When you defeat an enemy character you gain XP equal to their level. You win the game by defeating the entire opposing party or reducing the opponents total HP to 0.

scuudz

Just received (and submitted) my survey for fief today.  So far, the communication from Academy Games has been top notch.