Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

Quote from: scuudz on February 06, 2014, 10:31:25 AM
I'm seriously considering backing Fief - France 1429 on KS.  Has anyone else on here backed this?  Seems like a deep and interesting game.  5 days left.

Feif - France 1429 looks really interesting. Not really my kind of game, from the look of it, but I can definitely tell why it is doing so well. Not only because of the theme, but also because of how much you can do in the game, the replayability, and how much comes in the base game for components. Not to mention all of those stretch goals.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Cordawg

If I gave somebody money could they get me scoville it's a really good game

Rosencrantz

I promised myself no more Kickstarter projects.  Yet I still backed Coconuts because I thought it would be a fun game to play with my kids, and the new game Ryan Smith's City because it thought it looked cool as the game progresses and the cities start to develop.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Rosencrantz on February 06, 2014, 04:59:39 PM
I promised myself no more Kickstarter projects.  Yet I still backed Coconuts because I thought it would be a fun game to play with my kids, and the new game Ryan Smith's City because it thought it looked cool as the game progresses and the cities start to develop.
Haven't heard of CITY, but I'll go look it up and post some info on it. Coconuts looked really cool though. The only issue I would have with that game is losing the coconuts. Haha. But I heard they give you extra just for that reason. I could see myself getting upset with that game though because I tend to overshoot a lot, and I watched a review and saw how far you can potentially shoot those things, I'm sure I would miss most of the time. :P

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Cordawg on February 06, 2014, 12:20:09 PM
If I gave somebody money could they get me scoville it's a really good game
I could probably help you with that.

NeikeDjour

QuoteCITY is a family friendly game, requiring about 60 minutes to play, where you build the best city possible before the resources run out.  You do this by managing your citizens, zoning the landscape and budgeting your resources.

http://youtu.be/8oEhm9-kQ-U

Bix Conners

Quote from: NeikeDjour on February 07, 2014, 11:44:55 AM
Quote from: Rosencrantz on February 06, 2014, 04:59:39 PM
Haven't heard of CITY, but I'll go look it up and post some info on it. Coconuts looked really cool though. The only issue I would have with that game is losing the coconuts. Haha. But I heard they give you extra just for that reason. I could see myself getting upset with that game though because I tend to overshoot a lot, and I watched a review and saw how far you can potentially shoot those things, I'm sure I would miss most of the time. :P

I am going to pick up Coconuts when it is commercially available. Looks like it will be a hit with in the Loser;s Lounge on Poker Night. :)

I will not ever give Seth Hiatt money up front for anything though, he has quite a history of unethical (if not fraudulent) behaviour.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Bix Conners

Quote from: scuudz on February 06, 2014, 10:31:25 AM
I'm seriously considering backing Fief - France 1429 on KS.  Has anyone else on here backed this?  Seems like a deep and interesting game.  5 days left.

Curses. Between you an NeikeDjour, I just decided to back this. This could be a VERY bad thread for me to read. :D
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

NeikeDjour

Haha, I try.  ;)

I'm going into Draco Magi and This Town Aint Big Enough for the 2-4 Of Us.

Rosencrantz

Quote from: Matt Robertson on February 07, 2014, 11:52:05 AM

I am going to pick up Coconuts when it is commercially available. Looks like it will be a hit with in the Loser;s Lounge on Poker Night. :)

I will not ever give Seth Hiatt money up front for anything though, he has quite a history of unethical (if not fraudulent) behaviour.

Hm.  I wasn't aware of that.  I've never had any issues receiving anything I've Kickstarted (yet).  However, I don't take anything on there for granted because you never know what will happen between pledging and actual delivery, or lack of delivery.

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes