Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

Yeah, seems fairly standard. I was looking over my list on Kickstarter, it's only 2 right now. (I backed a third, but it was directly from the designer, so it didn't show up on KS) It's not so much because I want stuff to arrive early, just more for my being aware of when stuff is expected to arrive and such.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Lori

This is on IndieGoGo but I want to bring your attention to the Watch it Played campaign for Season 6.  Rodney provides such excellent rule and play-through videos that he really deserves to be supported in our hobby.  Hopefully you have a few $$ to send his way.

Donate to Watch it Played: IndiGoGo

Some of the new promos:

QuoteDead of Winter - Rodney Character Promo: We've had Dead of Winter promos for Andrea and Luke, and now you can complete the set with Rodney as a playable character. This will come with a character and Crossroad card, as well as punch out standee. No plastic base is included (though the latest expansion for Dead of Winter includes several extra). Thanks to Plaid Hat for their continued support of the show. This promo will count as TWO of your selected promos if chosen (as it includes a cardboard token and 2 cards)

Quote51st State - FLGS Promo: Even your Friendly Local Games Store can't avoid some 'modifications' in this dystopian future. I had fun coming up with this idea for a promo and enjoyed collaborating with Portal Games to make it happen. A big thanks to Ignacy and the whole team for their continued support

QuoteScythe - Encounter Card Promo: When Jamey and I discussed doing a promo, he had this unused artwork available, and in a stroke of incredible coincidence, it actually looks quite similar to a view from the river by my house. I couldn't be happier to collaborate again with one of our hobbies best creators

QuoteAbove And Below - Building Promo: I was thrilled that Ryan Laukat agreed to create this special promo for us. It highlights several things from the play through we conducted on the channel, including our logo symbols, Pep and me, and copious amounts of cider

Lori

Near and Far Kickstarter

QuoteExplore a massive world through a book of maps!   

Search for a lost city in a strange and wonderful world of ruins
    Manage and recruit adventurers, each with a unique identity
    Read from a book of stories, building an amazing and memorable tale each time you play!
    Choose your path in connected quest lines
    Includes a gorgeous atlas of 11 maps to play on!
    Buy skills for your character over a ten-map campaign
    2-4 players, 90 minutes

In Near and Far you and up to 3 friends each choose a character and set out on a journey, recruiting adventurers, managing resources, and completing quests in an effort to become the most storied traveler.

QuoteFour wanderers search for the Last Ruin, a city that legends say contains an artifact that will grant the greatest desires of the heart. A lost love, redemption, acceptance, a family rejoined-- these are the fires that fuel the wanderers' journeys, but can they overcome their own greed and inner demons on the way?

In Near and Far, you and up to three friends explore many different maps in a search for the Last Ruin, recruiting adventurers, hunting for treasure, and competing to be the most storied traveler. You must collect food and equipment at town for long journeys to mysterious locales, making sure not to forget enough weapons to fight off bandits, living statues, and rusty robots! Sometimes in your travels you'll run into something unique and one of your friends will read what happens to you from a book of stories, giving you a choice of how to react, creating a new and memorable tale each time you play.

Near and Far is a sequel to Above and Below and includes a book of stories, an atlas of 11 maps with distinctive art and quests, and 4 playable characters with their own personalities and motivations. Each chapter of the storybook corresponds to its own map or character and is full of unique adventures. Answer the call of the ruins and begin your journey.

QuoteBuild your character: Earn experience points and buy persistent abilities that last through multiple games.

Read connected stories: Experience a unique, connected character story where the choices you make determine your destiny!

Game Modes

First Adventure: Learn to play the game with this standalone map inspired by Above and Below.
    Campaign: Play a series of 10 games on 10 different maps as you journey to the Last Ruin, building experience and buying abilities that last throughout campaign. Explore each map, experiencing stories unique to each location.
    Story: Play a series of 3 to 4 games while following your character's main story, making decisions that will affect your ultimate fate.
    Short Mode: Play 1 game of any map you choose, experiencing stories unique to that location.
    Arcade Mode: (Stretch Goal) Skip the storybook and use a deck of cards, each with a brief encounter and set of choices.

How does this game compare to Above and Below?

Both games feature a story book that you read during the game, giving you a choice of how to react to a huge amount of situations, people, and creatures.
    In Near and Far, all of the stories also have a reaction description, filling out the story AFTER you make each choice. 
    Some of the stories are connected in thematic quest lines, so that choices made in an earlier story will affect the outcome and choices of later stories.
    The story book in Near and Far is at least twice as big as the book in Above and Below. There is a huge world to explore here!
    When playing campaign mode, all stories are linked to a location on the map. You'll see something intriguing on the map, travel to that location, and read a story to find out what is there.
    If you play story mode, you pick one character and play through a focused, connected story line over 4+ games. Early choices you make affect later outcomes in the story! Each character features multiple story paths and endings.

Bricktown

Giga-Robo is the card-driven miniatures game of anime giant robot combat, where 2-4 players duel across a fully destructible 3D city.  Currently on Kickstarter, this game is funded and is onto stretch goals.

Giga-Robo is the card-driven miniatures game of anime giant robot combat! Fight to the finish using custom-built hands of cards, combining powerful attacks, clever tactics, and epic finishing moves. Take command of one of four unique robots, pair it with your favorite pilot, and smash your opponents across a fully destructible city.

Click the Giga-Robo! link above to check out the kickstarter site.  There is more information about the game, including reviews, video play through, more about the pilots/robots and even a demo of the game on tabletopia where you can test the game live with a friend

Always open to trades, check out my collection

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/BrickTown

Bricktown

This Kickstarter has reached its 2nd Stretch goal that has added a bunch of value to the core game with two additional pilots and mechs.  This will all end in the next 48 hours.

Always open to trades, check out my collection

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/BrickTown

NeikeDjour

1) Each round you will be dealt a new hand of seven Pup cards. These cards represent your dog pack.

2) You must carefully analyze your hand and then choose a Bid card based on how many tricks you think your Pups can win. You can play it safe and make an "At Least" bid, or live dangerously and make an "Exactly" bid.

3) You will then play your Pup cards in a series of showdowns against your opponents. The first card played establishes a suit, and all other players must match that suit if they can. The highest valued Pup of that suit takes the trick!

4) ...unless someone can play an Alpha suited card. A Pup that matches the Alpha suit will always beat every other suit played! Also, players can add one Mutt card to their play to increase the value of their Pup.

5) The round ends when any player exhausts their hand. If you've collected the number of tricks listed on your Bid card then you will earn the reward treats. But if you fail at your Bid you must take the penalty poos.

6) The player who collects the most tricks earns the Top Dog bonus! If there is a tie, no one gets it and the top card of the stack is burned.

7) When the Top Dog cards or any of the Bid card piles run out the game ends. The player who collected the most treats is the winner!

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

NeikeDjour

I think I'm going to jump in Pups, it looks like a really cute lightweight trick-taking game and that's missing in my collection. The shipping is somewhat steep, so if anyone else wants a copy, I'm willing to put them in on my order and share the shipping. :)

Reynard

Hey Nik, put me in for Puppies. I'd like the Alpha Dog copy and for sure would love to reduce that shipping cost. Wow.
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again."

― Robert Jordan

Bix Conners

Here is a site that does a cool graphical analysis of Kickstarter projects. Click on the GAMES category to get those specific stats.
http://polygraph.cool/kickstarter/
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

NeikeDjour

QuoteThe Bead Game Box is a whole new take on the area of Board games. We are living in a digital era, so we challenged ourselves to create a board game that can benefit from it.. BIG TIME!The Bead Game Box is an innovative ALL-IN-ONE board game solution.

Discover hundreds of games on our Web App at www.b-ga.me . The creativity and community aspect is very important for all gamers. That's why you can add and share your own variations for existing games. And of course, you can also add your own completely original games from scratch too.