Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

QuoteTokaido Collectors Edition!
TOKAIDO is a game for 2 to 5 players, with unique atmosphere and aesthetics, in which the players are pilgrims on a journey along the legendary East Sea Road of Japan. Along the way, you will try to collect the most beautiful souvenirs, discover glorious vistas, enjoy enriching encounters, soak in soothing hot springs, sample sumptuous cuisine, and much more! Because the Collector's Edition will incorporate the already famous "Crossroads" expansion, it allows you to savor your journey even more while unveiling new secrets such as lucky charms, lovely calligraphy, or you can even try your luck in the Yakuza game rooms.

With unrivaled setting and aesthetics, TOKAIDO transports you, your family, and your friends to Japan. For all ages: From the youngest to the most experienced, everyone can gather for an ever-fresh gaming experience; it is extremely easy to get started, thanks to its fluid, simple, and tactical rules.

TOKAIDO + the CROSSROADS expansion in the same box!

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Lareina

I jumped on the Tokaido Kickstarter, was originally down for the normal version, but then realized it was free shipping so I upped my pledge to Samurai, and I'm all for 2 set of minis.

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Lareina on February 28, 2014, 11:47:13 AM
I jumped on the Tokaido Kickstarter, was originally down for the normal version, but then realized it was free shipping so I upped my pledge to Samurai, and I'm all for 2 set of minis.
Yeah, until I noticed the double minis, I was just going to go for the main game tier, but it's totally worth it now. And I was really pleased to see free shipping to Canada.

NeikeDjour

QuoteLead your Guild and loot the Monster infested city of Arcadia! No gamemaster required, so everyone gets to join in the fun!

In Arcadia Quest, players lead guilds of intrepid heroes on an epic campaign to dethrone the vampire lord and reclaim the mighty Arcadia for their own. But only one guild may lead in the end, so players must battle against each other as well as against the monstrous occupying forces. Through the branching scenarios of the campaign, the heroes gain awesome new weapons and abilities, and the game remembers the heroic deeds of players from one session to the next, unlocking exciting new possibilities in future scenarios!

Arcadia Quest is a miniatures boardgame for 2-4 players.  Each player controls a Guild of 3 Heroes, competing to be the liberators of the city of Arcadia and, more importantly, becoming the richest Guild in the land! Arcadia Quest is a lot like a World of Warcraft raid on a hapless NPC city, with Heroes working as a team, except that you're not the only Guild after the loot!

Players are able to choose the path their campaign takes, navigating through six out of eleven available scenarios, so each time the campaign is played it can have a different configuration of scenarios. As the campaign progresses, the heroes are able to acquire new weapons, equipment and abilities that give them powerful options to tackle the obstacles ahead. Furthermore, by fulfilling specific quests in a scenario, players unlock exclusive features in subsequent scenarios.

The rules in Arcadia Quest are fast and furious, and every player can focus on using their heroes' abilities and equipment to achieve their goals, without the need for anybody to get stuck with the role of solely controlling the monsters.

Monsters are "aggroed" when Heroes attack them or come too close to the areas they are guarding. Once activated, monsters then follow simple rules and are controlled by the player on the right.  This gives the perfect balance between an automated environment with a little intelligence, without bogging down the rules with complicated "if-then" game logic, or requiring a Game Master.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaLbfjrK7Ts

NeikeDjour

I've been a bit quiet here the last few days, so I'm trying to make up for that before the weekend. That means a lot of projects were posted today. Hah. :P

I try to just post projects and not say too much about my personal opinions towards them, because I try to post a variety of genres, some of which aren't my types of games. But this one just looks so amazing, that I can't resist.

I just backed Arcadia Quest yesterday, when the project began. It's a campaign dungeon crawler type game, made up of multiple playthroughs in different areas and with new quests. It's a PvPvE, where you get rewards for killing members of other teams, while trying to go for the main quest(s) of the area you are battling in. I really like the art that's shown so far, and the miniatures look awesome. They've done a lot so far in stretch goals to produce better components for the game, so it'll look amazing once it's done. It's another one of those eye candy games, but I just finished watching the playthough of the game, and it's concept and gameplay looks solid.

I haven't played many campaign games, but I'm really excited for this one, so I hope once I get my copy I'll be able to find a group that wouldn't mind playing it consistently to fill out a whole campaign. This one is going to be tough to wait for, I'm super excited!

NeikeDjour

QuoteThe only Create-Your-Own-Hero card game, now with MORE powers, MORE team dynamics, and MORE archenemies!

Ever wanted to make your OWN Super-Powered Hero from the ground up? In Heroes of Metro City, YOU get to pick your Hero's powers, craft an origin story and then start kicking some evil villainous butt! Make a hero in just a few minutes and start battling an Archenemy and his army of henchmen who are out to destroy your beloved city.

The original Heroes of Metro City Core Game, which was successfully funded right here on Kickstarter, contains more than 400 cards, 4 Dry-Erase Player Boards, a marker, dice and a board for your Archenemy and his horde of minions. Because the game scales so well from 2-4 players, and because the theme and narrative arc of each game is so strong, Heroes of Metro City has become a favorite with both families and tabletop gaming groups.

In the new Deluxe Kickstarter (KS) Edition of the Sidekicks & Storylines expansion, we add 160 new cards into the mix. There are 7 new Power cards, such as the electrifying Charged Grip which delivers more damage the more you build up your Energy first. It also contains 3 new Energy Sources, such as Metamorphosis, which rewards you with Plot Points (the game's currency) when you use energy-supplying Power cards (like Martial Arts Mastery or Accelerating Superspeed). Perhaps you're looking for more Archenemies to fight? Sidekicks and Storylines has three new terrifying masterminds of evil, including the murderous Killswitch Supreme, a cold fusion-powered cyborg who is only weakened when the Heroic team (that's you) fights as one. Only the Deluxe KS Edition will contain the 3 new Archenemies and the 1 new Villain!

Lareina

I just backed Demigods Rising: Clash of Heroes, I'm generally weak when it comes to tactical miniature games. For the fact that they have said they drew inspiration from MOBA games like DoTA and League of Legends made me intrigued. You can download their current rule set and hero books to look things over, I've downloaded the pdfs but haven't given them a look over yet. They seem to encourage feedback and answer comments right away.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/136317723/demigods-rising-clash-of-heroes

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Lareina on March 05, 2014, 08:19:10 AM
I just backed Demigods Rising: Clash of Heroes, I'm generally weak when it comes to tactical miniature games. For the fact that they have said they drew inspiration from MOBA games like DoTA and League of Legends made me intrigued. You can download their current rule set and hero books to look things over, I've downloaded the pdfs but haven't given them a look over yet. They seem to encourage feedback and answer comments right away.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/136317723/demigods-rising-clash-of-heroes
Looks really interesting, I'll have to check out their intro video. In the meantime, I'll add it to the list and make a full post for it here. =D

NeikeDjour

QuoteIn the Time of Chaos, the God of War was the supreme ruler over all the other gods. When the Time of Peace came, it lasted so long that the God of  War started to lose his power. He grew weaker as the years went by and was pushed aside by the other gods. As his power faded and he felt that the end was near, he gave task to his four children, the demigods, to prove themselves as the most exemplary commanders on the field of battle. The one who emerges victorious will become the new God of War and bring the former glory to their name.

Demigods Rising is a Skirmish-style board game in which players take the roles of the demigods, commanding armies of heroes to prove supremacy over others and ascend as the new God of War. As a demigod, a player initially has access to 20 heroes from which they can chose their army. With these choices made, a demigod then faces his opponent(s) on the sacred battleground.

When designing Demigods Rising we drew our inspiration from Chess, Heroes of Might and Magic and MOBA games such as DOTA & DOTA2 and League of Legends. We are bringing you a game with great replayability that is easy to learn but relies heavily on hard-to-master tactics through which victory can be achieved in multiple game modes by fulfilling different conditions.

NeikeDjour

QuotePairs is a new pub game by James Ernest and Paul Peterson. It's a card game for 2 to 8 players, and it plays in about 5 minutes.

Pairs is the name of the game, and pairs of cards are what players want to avoid.

The game uses a 55-card deck that contains one 1, two 2s, three 3s, and so on up to ten 10s. At the start of the game, shuffle the deck, then remove five cards from play unseen. Deal one card face-up to each player.

Whoever has the lowest card is the first active player. She decides whether to "hit" — that is, be dealt another card — or forfeit the round. If she hits and is dealt a card that doesn't match a card she already has in front of her, then the next player clockwise becomes the active player; if the card does match, then the round ends, she keeps one of these matching cards as penalty points, then everyone else discards their cards and a new round begins with each player being dealt a card.

If the active player forfeits, the round ends and she takes the lowest-valued card visible on the table as penalty points, then a new round begins. Penalty cards remain set aside, even if the deck is shuffled to continue play. If a player acquires more penalty points than the predetermined threshold, then the game ends and this player loses. (Alternatively, players can use coins to track scores between games, with the loser paying everyone one coin, paying her score in coins to the player with the lowest score, etc.)

They are unlocking a lot of different styles of art throughout the kickstarter, here are some examples: