Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

Quote from: scuudz on February 13, 2014, 02:37:50 PM
Just received (and submitted) my survey for fief today.  So far, the communication from Academy Games has been top notch.
That's good to hear. =D Have you been in very many kickstarters before?
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

scuudz

Quote from: NeikeDjour on February 13, 2014, 02:48:54 PM
Quote from: scuudz on February 13, 2014, 02:37:50 PM
Just received (and submitted) my survey for fief today.  So far, the communication from Academy Games has been top notch.
That's good to hear. =D Have you been in very many kickstarters before?

No, it is my first one.  So, I guess I don't have anything to compare it to. :)

NeikeDjour

QuoteMan Vs Foot

A quick playing card game for two where Bigfoot and the clever Cryptozoologist attempt to outwit each other! Will Bigfoot's hideaways be discovered, leaving him with nowhere to go, or will the Cryptozoologist be left frustrated? This new game from up-and-coming designer Scott Almes is the ultimate battle of wits! Depending on what side you're on, you'll be playing a very different game - The Cryptozoologist is laying traps and attempting to trick the Bigfoot who must deduce and work out what's the best option...

In this game, one player is a Cryptozoologist hunting for an elusive Bigfoot, while the other player is a Bigfoot just minding his own business and trying to stay hidden. Each round, the Cryptozoologist lays out two paths peppered with secret sensors and waits for the Bigfoot to come along and choose a path. The sensors tripped by the Bigfoot give the Cryptozoologist clues about the locations of the Bigfoot's five lairs. The Cryptozoologist wins if all five lairs are discovered in six rounds, otherwise, the Bigfoot slips quietly into the woods with a grin.

The game is played over 6 rounds and each round is made up of the following five phases:
1. Draw Cards and Create Paths
The Cryptozoologist draws 6 cards from the Path deck, reviews the cards, and then divides the cards into two paths laid out face-­‐down on the table. A path may have as few as one card, but all of the cards must be used in both paths.
2. Choose A Path
The Bigfoot chooses one path and leaves the other path to the Cryptozoologist.
3. Resolve Paths
Players simultaneously flip over their Path cards.
4. Make A Guess
Using the information shown on resolved Sensor cards, the Cryptozoologist may make one guess each round as to the name on one of the Bigfoot's undiscovered lair cards. The Cryptozoologist is not required to make a guess every round.

If the guessed card is among the Bigfoot's undiscovered lairs, the Bigfoot places the card on the table near the Cryptozoologist.  If this was the last undiscovered lair, the Cryptozoologist has trapped the Bigfoot and has won the game!  If the Bigfoot still has undiscovered lairs, the game continues.

NeikeDjour

QuoteAt times hilarious, often profound, always insightful. Query is a game that shows us how the Internet connects us all – offline.

Query is a party game where players earn points for identifying the top internet search predictions and for fooling others into choosing their well-crafted answers. It's great in a family or more adult social setting.

Game play
Each card has a Query beginning and 4 real Query endings. The dealer reads the Query beginning out loud and players come up with their own endings, write them down on whiteboards, and submit them to the dealer.

Meanwhile the dealer chooses a real Query ending on his card that he thinks nobody will guess and writes it down on a whiteboard. The dealer reads all the endings out loud, including the one he chose. Players then take turns guessing which is the real ending.

Objectives of the Game
1. In each round, earn points by writing a Query Ending that other players will choose as the correct answer.
2. In each round, earn points by selecting the correct Query Ending from those read aloud by the Query Master.
3. To be the first player to reach the space marked FINISH on the game board.

NeikeDjour

QuoteLagoon: Land of Druids supports 1-4 players, and takes roughly 60 minutes or less to play. Play a game versus, or a game with 4 as a team game.
In the board game Lagoon: Land of Druids, you control druids who are shaping the world—exploring new sites as well as unraveling sites. At the end, one of the three competing energies will be dominant, and the player who supported that energy best will win.

Players alternate turns, using their druids to perform various actions. Common actions include exploring a new site from the bag and connecting it to the world, moving around the world, summoning a fellow druid back into play, and unraveling a site to remove it from play. Every site on the board offers unique magic powers. If your druids occupy a site, you can use its power. A fun twist is your druids share their site powers with one another. So if you have multiple druids on different sites, each of them could use any one of the different site powers. This opens up a lot of tactical play and fun combos.
The heart of the game comes down to manipulating how many sites of each energy are on the board, and this is where you'll be trying to outmaneuver your opponents by making better use of all the site powers to carry out your agenda. Explore new sites aligned with an energy you want to support, and gain a seed token matching that energy. Unravel and remove from the board the sites of energies you wish to oppose.
At the end of the game, the energy with the majority of sites in play becomes Lagoon's destiny. The game tracks players loyalty to the dominant energy. If you supported that energy better than any other player, you win!

NeikeDjour

QuoteConquer the world with a flip of the cards!

Indulge your megalomania in Zeppelin Attack!, a deck builder card game by Eric B. Vogel. Set in the world of Evil Hat Productions' Spirit of the Century, you play villainous masterminds bent on world domination. Deploy your zeppelins, command your minions, and do whatever it takes to destroy your rivals. Zeppelin Attack! contains everything you need to play this high-flying, fast-paced card game. There's only room for one ultimate criminal overlord: you. Bring your zeppelins.

Zeppelin Attack! is a deck building game featuring targeted player combat. You play as one of the villainous masterminds from the Spirit of the Century pulp setting: Der Blitzmann, Gorilla Khan, Jacqueline Frost, or the Walking Mind, bent on subjugating the world with a flotilla of machine-age airships.

At the beginning of the game, your deck contains a rich mix of zeppelins, armaments, defensive measures, and operatives. Deploy your Armada—a face-up display of Zeppelin cards—to gain the ability to play other cards. Gain victory points by launching fiendish attacks against rival players to force their zeppelins into retreat. Use defensive counter-measures to deflect your enemy's attacks. Send your minions on cunning operations to enrich yourself with fate points. Spend your gains on more powerful mercenary cards while purging weaker cards from your deck.

Unlike many deck-building games where the main emphasis is on buying cards every turn, the main action of Zeppelin Attack! is combat. Buying cards requires careful resource management over multiple turns. Zeppelin Attack! uses Eurogame-style mechanics inside of a pulp-fiction theme. The world of Spirit of the Century is woven throughout the gameplay, brought vividly to life by the artwork of Christian St. Pierre and the graphic design of Daniel Solis.

NeikeDjour

QuoteGameplay - Briefly: oddball Aeronauts is a light strategy, fast card game. Pick a Skill. Decide how many cards to play. Compare with your opponent to determine the result. Use special abilities to swing things your way where you can. You win the game when your opponent has discarded all their cards. What could be simpler? It ain't rocket science! Well, actually there is an argument for that possibility!

Play-in-the-hand - Anywhere! Because oddball Aeronauts doesn't require a surface to play on it can literally be played anywhere! On a train, in the school yard, in a convention queue, in the college library (get back to your books you!), between gaming sessions - these are all very good and highly commendable places and circumstances for playing the game.

Find oddball Aeronauts rules here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xb96d4jx2ans2ae/UM5RGuPSvz

NeikeDjour

QuoteHeroes Wanted is a tactical board game for 1-5 superhero hopefuls, attempting to fulfill their dreams of becoming a member of Zeta City's exclusive crime fighting super team: The Champions of Zeta City. Each time you play, you will create a unique superhero comprised of two hero cards. You will then choose a scenario and face a different villain (or villains), but the objective remains the same: gaining as much fame as possible by KO'ing minions, completing headlines, and thwarting the villain. At the end of each game, the superhero with the most fame is the winner and joins the prestigious ranks of The Champions of Zeta City.

Bix Conners

I was recently made aware of the new Tokaido Kickstarter project for a collector's edition.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/funforge/tokaido-collectors-edition

I am still on the fence...
...must resist temptation. :)
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Matt Robertson on February 28, 2014, 08:11:34 AM
I was recently made aware of the new Tokaido Kickstarter project for a collector's edition.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/funforge/tokaido-collectors-edition

I am still on the fence...
...must resist temptation. :)
I just noticed it last night, and was contemplating it, but when I found out that the Samurai pledge comes with 2 sets of minis, one unpainted -and- one painted set, I had to jump in. =) The only thing I have an issue with is that I like the graphic design in the old cards more then the design in the new cards. But that's just me being nitpicky. :P