ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League - Season 3

• 306 Replies

Lareina

Re: ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League - Season 3
« Reply #300 on: October 20, 2014, 11:18:54 PM »
I've just heard from Devin and he is in for the tournament :D

Please look at the list of missions for this tournament in the tournament thread. Blood and Glory was semi-randomly chosen for this tournament (it was 50/50 between it and Watchtower), so please plan accordingly. The breaking point for armies will be 3.

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 22, 2014, 08:53:23 AM »
Please look at the list of missions for this tournament in the tournament thread. Blood and Glory was semi-randomly chosen for this tournament (it was 50/50 between it and Watchtower), so please plan accordingly. The breaking point for armies will be 3.
"Add some standards" and "put your general inside a unit"

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 22, 2014, 09:36:57 AM »
To continue the momentum of the escalation league I posted a new thread for the start of the next league.  It is inside 'Leagues' tab on Saskgames or located here:

http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?topic=4107.0

Main League ideas:
- play games for fun
- play games how you want and where you want
- small league fee to join
- ComicReaders is matching league fees and then providing gift certificates that will be given away as prizes

PS - I should be around at the end of the Excalation League tourniment to answer any questions directly.  At that time you can join the league by indicating your interest and handing over your cash-o-la ($5)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:40:10 AM by RobertP »

Lareina

« Reply #303 on: October 22, 2014, 06:58:15 PM »
Please note: Nagash Force Organization will not be used for the tournament, please use the original Force Organization found in the BRB. I will address Nagash rules next league (who knows, by then there may be a new rulebook).

Lareina

« Reply #304 on: October 25, 2014, 03:26:05 PM »
I will be around 9:30 to let people in

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 26, 2014, 08:06:43 AM »
I was hoping to get down there to check things out but I might not be able too.  If not, good luck everyone!

Lareina

« Reply #306 on: October 26, 2014, 09:28:28 PM »
If anyone is missing a flame template, it's at the store.

The unfortunate thing is that only 6 people showed up, so it was a smaller tournament, but we still had some memorable moments!

Had a 3 way tie for first!

I took out the Best Overall prize, and then was going to do something nice with the prize, but then everyone had to screw it up and have a 3 way tie :P

• Nathan and Aaron tied for first, and so both got a Best General Prize.
  • Chris got Most Sporting Player beating Devin by 1 point, and he did technically tie for first as well, but he gave his Sporting Player award to Devin.
  • John got the Best Painted prize.

Thanks to everyone that made it out! There were some pretty fun moments, and that final between Nathan and Aaron was pretty intense, Aaron almost came back from a devastating first turn magic phase by Nathan!

Things to come:
  • We will be going back to 3 months of Escalation come next year, but will start at a higher point value, so 1500, 2000, then 2500 and a 2500 tournament.
  • I will be figuring out what is going to go on with Nagash rules.
  • There WILL be a Fantasy tournament at PGX in January, don't know who will be running it, hopefully Don, but if he can't then I'll run it or I'll make Chris do it!
  • Want to keep playing Fantasy? Join Rob's Winter League!

I'll be now focusing on the 40k Escalation League come January, so I'll see you next year for the Fantasy one, which will start up around June.