Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - February 18, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, January 12, 2014, 10:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Roxanne Stankievech
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Dana Tillusz
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Lancaster

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited

GAME: Lancaster
TEACHER: Dana Tillusz
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS... 5
1. Dana Tillusz
2. omegadirective
3. Prairieguy
5. Matt Robertson

GAME: Navegador
TEACHER: omegadirective
START TIME: 8:30pm
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Omegadirective
2. Prairieguy
3. DCStyles
4. Miles
5. madbaker

GAME: Suburbia with expansion
TEACHER: DCStyles
PLAYERS... 
1. DCStyles
2. Maelven
3. Bricktown
4. madbaker

GAME: Krosmaster
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
PLAYERS...4
1. NeikeDjour

GAME: Nation: a mighty spatk
TEACHER: Marc Bendig
DURATION: 75 min
PLAYERS... 4
1. Marc Bendig
2. Theodain
3. scuudz

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

In 1413, the new king of England, Henry V of Lancaster, has ambitious plans: The unification of England and the conquest of the French crown! Each player takes the role of an ambitious aristocratic family. Who will be the best supporter of this young king, and the most powerful Lord of his time?

In Lancaster the players want to proceed from simply being a Lord to the most powerful ally of the king. They may achieve this by developing their own knighthood as well as by clever deployment of individual knights in the counties of England, at their own castle, and to conflicts with France. In parliament, they try to push laws from which they will benefit themselves most. The player with the most power points at the end of the game is the winner.

Snikt!

omegadirective

Sign me up for Lancaster.

omegadirective

ChadBoudreau

This is a learning game!:

This game is inspired by the Portuguese Age of Discoveries in the 15th-16th century. Players take actions such as contracting men, acquiring ships and buildings, sailing the seas, establishing colonies in discovered lands, trading goods on the market, and getting privileges.

Each player starts with only two ships and three workers and tries to expand his wealth.

There are several undiscovered lands that allow players, once discovered, to found some colonies there. Colonies exist in different places where sugar, gold and spices are available and can be sold to the market to make some money. Money is used to build ships, erect buildings such as factories, shipyards and churches, and to get workers. Workers are necessary to found colonies or to acquire buildings and privileges, which exist in five categories and therefore encourage players to follow different strategies competing with each other.

At the end of the game the player who is most successful in combining his privileges with his achievements (colonies, factories, discoveries, shipyards, and churches) is the winner.

Jeff Haubrich

"Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules."

prairieguy

I would like to sign up for both if the timing will work. Lancaster and Navegator

Bix Conners

NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

scuudz

I will bring Maria.  It is a deep and strategic war game, which is unique because it is specifically designed to be played by 3 players.  It has got to be one of my favourite games.  You can watch a video review of it here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/31556/maria/a-review-of-maria-this-one-should-be-rated-much-hi

I think we will be able to finish a game in 3-4 hours (including explanation) so ill aim for a start time of 6:30.

PS there are 2-player rules too, but it is not really worth playing that way, in my opinion.

Dana_Tillusz

Wow, great to see Maria coming out. I'm booked into a game already or else I'd get in on that action. Plan for at least 4 hours though....
Snikt!