Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - January 14, 2014 (18:00)

Started by omegadirective, January 05, 2014, 06:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omegadirective

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Bryce Robinson
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Marc Bendig
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Factory Fun

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited

GAME: Factory Fun
TEACHER: Marc Bendig
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 50 Minutes
PLAYERS: 5
1. Marc Bendig
2. Street_Disciple
3. roxy72
4. JasonSZ
5. Jesse Timoruski

GAME: Euphoria
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
START TIME: 6:30 pm
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. NeikeDjour
2. Cordawg
3. Bellis
4. Matt Robertson
5. Baerik

GAME: Sentinels of the Multiverse
TEACHER: Lorendor
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS... 5
1. Lorendor
2. Jual
3. RoudyRunt
4. Kylo

GAME: Castles of Burgundy
TEACHER: omegadirective
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 90-120 Minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. omegadirective
2. Miles
3. Scott

GAME: The Capitals
TEACHER: Cordawg
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS... 5
1. Cordawg

GAME: Tzolk'in
TEACHER: Tempest
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS... 5
1. Tempest
2. CappyZed

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.

NeikeDjour

I'll bring Euphoria. (Up to 6 Players, 120min @ 6:30pm)

In Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia, you lead a team of workers (dice) and recruits (cards) to claim ownership of the dystopian world. You will generate commodities, dig tunnels to infiltrate opposing areas, construct markets, collect artifacts, strengthen allegiances, and fulfill secret agendas.

Euphoria is a worker-placement game in which dice are your workers. The number on each die represents a worker's knowledge – that is, his level of awareness that he's in a dystopia. Worker knowledge enables various bonuses and impacts player interaction. If the collective knowledge of all of your workers gets too high, one of them might desert you. You also have two elite recruit cards at your disposal; one has pledged allegiance to you, but the other needs some convincing. You can reveal and use the reticent recruit by reaching certain milestones in the game...or by letting other players unwittingly reach those milestones for you.

Your path to victory is paved with the sweat of your workers, the strength of your allegiances, and the tunnels you dig to infiltrate other areas of the world, but the destination is a land grab in the form of area control. You accomplish this by constructing markets that impose harsh restrictions of personal freedoms upon other players, changing the face of the game and opening new paths to victory. You can also focus on gathering artifacts from the old world, objects of leisure that are extremely rare in this utilitarian society. The dystopian elite covet these artifacts – especially matching pairs – and are willing to give you tracts of land in exchange for them.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Cordawg

ok well ill bring out capitals citys through time 5 players  120 mins at least with new players and would like to start at 830 because i would like  to play euphoria  thank you

Dana_Tillusz

omegadirective will be arriving late so Castles will not start at 6:30. Brandon can you give us a new start time?

We will scrabble to get another featured game set up.

And please let us know if you're attending and what games you are bringing.  :excited
Snikt!

omegadirective

Quote from: Dana_Tillusz on January 08, 2014, 07:25:41 PM
omegadirective will be arriving late so Castles will not start at 6:30. Brandon can you give us a new start time?

We will scrabble to get another featured game set up.

And please let us know if you're attending and what games you are bringing.  :excited
830 start time.

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: Cordawg on January 08, 2014, 04:07:45 PM
ok well ill bring out capitals citys through time 5 players  120 mins at least with new players and would like to start at 830 because i would like  to play euphoria  thank you

Cory can you post the BBG link please!
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Players attempt to build the most successful factory to produce the best products by connecting input and output reservoirs smartly to your machines to build the most profitable factory!

Players each start with a unique empty factory floor with a support pillar in the middle. During the game you purchase machines to place in your factory. Each machine takes 1 to 3 inputs from reservoirs (yellow, blue, red, and brown) and produces one output (of the same colors, or black end products). You must always connect all reservoirs and machines correctly by using the connectors (the pipelines). At the start this is easy, but becomes more puzzling during the game.

Players start with one of each color reservoir, and can sometimes acquire additional reservoirs. On the machine-tiles you see the revenue of each machine. Connecting machines to each other (input on output) makes more advanced products which brings extra profit. But building connectors and reservoirs costs money and you must try to have the most money at the end.
Snikt!

Lorendor

Lareina

Myself and Chris will be attending and bringing some games, I am taking requests on what to bring out this week if you want to peruse my collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/detectivesparky I'll be bringing out Rampage so far.