Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014

Started by Allan Luesink, December 28, 2013, 06:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Hey everyone,

Each year at Christmas time we try to have Strategy Saturday early in the holiday season.  This year is no different.  We'll be getting together this weekend for our last games night of 2014.

The game I have in mind to feature is Railroad Tycoon (also known as Railways of the World).  This is a game in which players seek to expand their railroad network across a map, connecting to multiple cities and gather points by delivering goods to those cities.  There are a number of expansions for this game and I think we'll play on the Europe map expansion.

Of course there will be other games as well.  Bring along a few of your favourites.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this email).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan
(along with Michael and Barry)

omegadirective

The Europe map is great. We played 4 people on it and it felt very tight.  My favorite expansion, I think, is Railways through Time.

Allan Luesink

We ended up playing 6 players. So if you thought 4 was tight - woah - we must have had a vice happening!

It was a good time.

omegadirective

Quote from: Allan Luesink on December 24, 2014, 03:51:16 PM
We ended up playing 6 players. So if you thought 4 was tight - woah - we must have had a vice happening!

It was a good time.

Sweet! What was the points for the winner, do you remember?

Allan Luesink

I'm a bit hazy now but it seems to me the point spread was something like:
1st: 48
2nd: 42
3-5th: 32-37
6th: 26 (me) :P