Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - January 7, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, December 18, 2013, 08:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

Just a reminder that it is draw night!   :excited

$50 from ComicReaders
$50 from Boston Pizza
Snikt!

Bix Conners

Damnit. I have the $25 for each in my wallet from last month. Sorry :(

Anyone wants to swing by the Best Western in Minneapolis, I can hand them off.  :neener
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Colin Dearborn

Quote from: NeikeDjour on January 07, 2014, 09:27:27 AM
Late notice, but I'm going to be bringing Euphoria tonight, finally got my first game of it in yesterday. =) I'll bring it and set it up even if no one signs up here, I know I'm a bit late in posting it. :P (Up to 6 Players, 120min @ 6:30pm)

In Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia, you lead a team of workers (dice) and recruits (cards) to claim ownership of the dystopian world. You will generate commodities, dig tunnels to infiltrate opposing areas, construct markets, collect artifacts, strengthen allegiances, and fulfill secret agendas.

Euphoria is a worker-placement game in which dice are your workers. The number on each die represents a worker's knowledge – that is, his level of awareness that he's in a dystopia. Worker knowledge enables various bonuses and impacts player interaction. If the collective knowledge of all of your workers gets too high, one of them might desert you. You also have two elite recruit cards at your disposal; one has pledged allegiance to you, but the other needs some convincing. You can reveal and use the reticent recruit by reaching certain milestones in the game...or by letting other players unwittingly reach those milestones for you.

Your path to victory is paved with the sweat of your workers, the strength of your allegiances, and the tunnels you dig to infiltrate other areas of the world, but the destination is a land grab in the form of area control. You accomplish this by constructing markets that impose harsh restrictions of personal freedoms upon other players, changing the face of the game and opening new paths to victory. You can also focus on gathering artifacts from the old world, objects of leisure that are extremely rare in this utilitarian society. The dystopian elite covet these artifacts – especially matching pairs – and are willing to give you tracts of land in exchange for them.

Already playing two games tonight, but this one looks great. It is on my wishlist. Hopefully I can talk you into bringing it out again soon.

Bix Conners

Quote from: Matt Robertson on January 07, 2014, 04:07:43 PM
Damnit. I have the $25 for each in my wallet from last month. Sorry :(

Anyone wants to swing by the Best Western in Minneapolis, I can hand them off.  :neener

Also, just my luck, my name will get picked tonight.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Colin Dearborn on January 07, 2014, 04:12:24 PM
Quote from: NeikeDjour on January 07, 2014, 09:27:27 AM
Late notice, but I'm going to be bringing Euphoria tonight, finally got my first game of it in yesterday. =) I'll bring it and set it up even if no one signs up here, I know I'm a bit late in posting it. :P (Up to 6 Players, 120min @ 6:30pm)
Already playing two games tonight, but this one looks great. It is on my wishlist. Hopefully I can talk you into bringing it out again soon.
For sure, just let me know when you're interested. =)
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Dana_Tillusz

Game Night Recap

Image by: Mikko Saari (msaari) on BoardGameGeek

ATTENDANCE: 46

GAMES PLAYED: Kemet, Lords of Waterdeep, Power Grid: First Sparks, Resistance, What`s He Building in There?, Kakerlaken Poker, Setters of Catan, Pandemic, Pirates Vs. Dinosaurs, All Creatures Big & Small, Dragon Dice, Risk Legacy, Dark darker Darkest, Marvel Legendary, Galaxy Trucker, Wizard, Power Grid: Australia, Campaign Manager 2008...

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
(1)It was draw night! Jason Cullimore's name was drawn for the $50 gift certificate from Boston Pizza but was not there to collect it so next month's draw will total $75. The $50 gift certificate to ComicReaders was won by Tyler Polishak. He was in attendence and will collect it when Matt gets back from sunny Minnesota.

(2) We had 4 new attendees this past Tuesday -- great to see new faces!

(3) Prairie Game eXpo is Saturday January 25th, 2014 from 9 am to 9 pm. Let us know if you're coming at and post on the following thread:  http://sask.games/index.php?topic=3197.0

(4) If you have ideas for the SaskGames newsletter, please contact Matt Robertson via this site.

Be sure to check out the revised venue info page and FAQ HERE

Also, if you have any thoughts or feedback about these events, send an email to ChewsDayChallenge@SaskGames.com
Snikt!