Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - January 7, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, December 18, 2013, 08:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Marc Bendig
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Colin Dearborn
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME:  KEMET

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME: KEMET
TEACHER: Colin Dearborn
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: ...90-120 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Colin Dearborn
2. Rosencrantz
3. Roxy72
4. R Newell
5. Alex Dearborn

GAME: Power Grid: First Sparks
TEACHER: Omegadirective
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS... 6
1. Omegadirective
2. Dana Tillusz
3. Logan D

GAME: Monoopoly: Dr. Who 50th anniv. ed.
TEACHER: KimberlyCupcake
PLAYERS... 6
1. KimberlyCupcake

GAME: Lords of Waterdeep (Undermountain expansion)
TEACHER: DCStyles
PLAYERS... 6
1. DCStyles
2. Wendy J
3. Samantha J

GAME: Dark, Darker, Darkest
TEACHER: Kage
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS... 5
1. Kage
2. CappyZed
3. Becky
4. omegadirective
5. RNewell

GAME: What's He Building in There?
TEACHER: qwijybo
DURATION: 150 Minutes
PLAYERS... 6
1. qwijybo
2. Maelven
3. The_Ledge
4. Nater
5. Bellis

GAME: Last Will
TEACHER: Colin
START TIME: 8:30
PLAYERS... 5
1. Colin Dearborn
2. Alex Dearborn
3. Qwijybo (Bryce)
4. Rosencrantz
5. Tyson

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Gaming renews January 7th after a two week holiday. Bring your new Xmas games and show them off!
Snikt!

Colin Dearborn

99% sure this is under the tree, been wanting to play for about 6 months so it will be starting at 6:30

In Kemet, players each deploy the troops of an Egyptian tribe and use the mystical powers of the gods of ancient Egypt – along with their powerful armies – to score points in glorious battles or through invasion of rich territories. A game is typically played to 8 or 10 victory points, which may be accrued through winning attacks, controlling temples, controlling fully-developed pyramids, sacrificing to the gods, and wielding particular magical powers.

The conquest for the land of Kemet takes place over two phases: Day and Night. During the day, choose an action amongst the nine possible choices provided by your player mat and perform it immediately. Once every player has taken five actions, night falls, with players gathering Prayer Points from their temples, drawing Divine Intervention cards, and determining the turn order before the start of the new day.

As the game progresses, they can use Prayer Points to acquire power tiles. Some of these enroll magical creatures and have them join their troops. In addition to intimidating enemies, these creatures provide special powers!

Detailed miniature components represent the combat units and the supernatural creatures that are summoned to enhance them. Combat is resolved through cards chosen from a diminishing six-card hand and enhanced by bonuses.

omegadirective

I'd like to bring 2 games.

Power Grid: First Sparks
630 Start
2-6 Players
It says an hour to play, but as I've never played before, it will probably take 90 minutes.

Power Grid: Factory Manager
830 start
2 to 5 players
It says it takes an hour, but as I have never played it might take 90 minutes or so.

Bryce Robinson

I will bring out and teach Whats he building in there. Plays up to 6. 2-3 hour playtime. 6:30 start.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/137651/whats-he-building-in-there

http://bakshagames.net/WhatsHeBuilding.html
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

CappyZed

Ok fess up...what did everyone get?   :D

We now have Munchkin Deluxe. Would like to bring it out...anyone interested?  Plays up to 6.

ChadBoudreau

QuoteWe now have Munchkin Deluxe. Would like to bring it out

What time would you like to start?

Tempest

This'll probably be a Risk Legacy night for those in the league. I've got two others confirmed, just waiting to hear from the other two :3

After we (hopefully) get a couple games in, I'll probably have a couple light games with me for afterwards, depending on how long we take.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

ChadBoudreau

QuoteThis'll probably be a Risk Legacy night for those in the league.

Cool. Let us know when you have the confirmation and we'll add the details to the top of the schedule.

Rosencrantz

"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes