Prairie Game eXpo – Core Ritchie Community Centre - Sat., Jan. 25, 2014

Started by ChadBoudreau, December 16, 2013, 06:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

QuoteI will be there too!

How many approximately in your group, Robert?

Also, let everyone know there is food services at Prairie Game Expo. Hot and cold meals, hot and cold beverages. CASH ONLY.

Food services provided by Food for Learning-- a charitable organization. The money goes toward their community programs. (See previous posts in this forum for more information, including full menu.)

ChadBoudreau

In other news, just found out foleyfrog is the same person as Sean Sullivan so I've removed one of them from the 40K tournament, which means we will still space for 1 player in the special 40K tournament being run by Chris.

Mike.L

ok awsome. was just checking on the policy. i have a stock of beverages and such i was thinking of packing along, but if no outside edibles are allowed, thats fine by me. i have no problem purchasing some drinks and omnoms from the canteen.

so now you guys are talking WHFB... lol a day before hand. wow. um... i would LOVE to get some games with my ogres. alas i am already commited to a few other events. :( if only i had known sooner...

RobertP

Quote from: ChadBoudreau on January 24, 2014, 08:36:02 PM
QuoteI will be there too!

How many approximately in your group, Robert?

Also, let everyone know there is food services at Prairie Game Expo. Hot and cold meals, hot and cold beverages. CASH ONLY.

Food services provided by Food for Learning-- a charitable organization. The money goes toward their community programs. (See previous posts in this forum for more information, including full menu.)

5-7 gamers on Warhammer fantasy.  I am including Maeson (for part of the time). 

Scherban

With the spot open I would like to participate in the 40K event. But quick question that are not addressed, Do models have to be painted and is there any restrictions to vehicles and multi-wound models that are not currently listed?

Also sign me up for X-wing! I may have 2 other friends who plan on joining in as well.

ChadBoudreau

QuoteWith the spot open I would like to participate in the 40K event. But quick question that are not addressed, Do models have to be painted and is there any restrictions to vehicles and multi-wound models that are not currently listed? Also sign me up for X-wing! I may have 2 other friends who plan on joining in as well.

I've added you to the 40K tournament.
Models don't have to be painted.
I don't know the answer to your other question. I'll see the tournament organizer around 9am so I'll ask him to post a reply.
I signed you up for X-Wing. There are multiple spots left for your friends. I didn't sign them up since I don't know their names.

Mac Grassick

I've had a change of plans. I won't be able to participate in the two sessions I signed up for(Star Wars & super dungeon explore). I will still be coming later in the afternoon but I will have my daughter with me now, so that changes what I can play. Sorry for any trouble this may cause in the schedule.
Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

ChadBoudreau

Prairie Game Expo Recap

Image by: Mikko Saari (msaari) on BoardGameGeek

ATTENDANCE:158

GAMES PLAYED: Fjords, Nexus Ops, Castles of Burgundy, X-Wing: Star Wars Miniatures, Twilight Imperium, Descent: Journeys in the Dark, Lemming Mafia, Hamsterolle, Pandemic, Warhammer, Warhammer 40K, Lords of Waterdeep, Krosmaster Arena, Heroclix, Jamaica, Warmachine / Hordes, Bamboleo, Android: Netrunner LCG, Tsuro, Amerigo, Storyteller, Lords of Scotland, Power Grid: Quebec, Kakerlaken Poker, LEGO Creationary, Dungeon Roll, Martian Dice, Ticket to Ride, Ticket to Ride: Legendary Asia, Legendary: A Marvel Deck-Building Game, Wits & Wagers, Talisman, Qwirkle, Magic Labyrinth, Dominion, Dutch Blitz, Cutthroat Caverns, Backgammon, Ascension: Chronicles of a Godslayer, Settlers of Catan, Ultimate Werewolf, King of Tokyo, Carcassonne, The Walking Dead: Best Defense, Linja, Timeline, Mage Wars, Navegador, Dixit, Magician's Kitchen, Super Dungeon Explore, Bora Bora, Six, Call to Glory, Toc Toc Woodman, Resistance, Small World, Undermining, Boss Monster, Elephant, Shadow Hunters, Felix Cat Hunt, The Cowboys, Spectrum, Taiga, Catan Junior, Guillotine, Summoner Wars, Backgammon, Candyland.

HIGHLIGHTS:
(1) 158 attendees shattered our expectations of attendance for the first Prairie Game Expo.
(2) We had attendees from Estevan, Herbert, and Moose Jaw. Thanks to all out-of-town attendees for making the trip.
(3) Food for Learning provided excellent food throughout the course of the day, and they thanked the attendees for being so polite, kind, and understanding.
(4) Congratulations to the winners of the Small World Tournament, X-Wing Tournament, and Warhammer 40K Tournament.
(5) Big thanks to anyone who taught games at Prairie Game Expo-- whether you were an official Prairie Game Expo Ambassador or an attendee kind enough to invite people to your table.
(6) Thanks to our Ambassadors (Chad, Dana, Matt, Roxanne, Bryce, Colin and Logan).
(7) Thanks to Chris and Tyler for running X-Wing and Small World Tournaments.
(8) Core Ritchie Community Centre was a fantastic venue.
(9) Special thanks to ProAV for the use of the audio equipment.
(10) Congratulations to everyone who won a door prize. We will contact the winners who were not at the venue when they won.
(11) It was good to see so many families and young gamers in attendance!
(12) Keep an eye on saskgames.com for a future announcement about the next Prairie Game Expo!

Also, if you have any thoughts or feedback about these events, send an email to ChewsDayChallenge@SaskGames.com

scuudz

I just wanted to thank the organizers, and everyone who helped set up this event.  It was neat to see so many people come out and play a whole bunch of different games.  I wish I could have stayed longer than I did.

Also, I'd like to thank Brandon and Matt for teaching me Castles of Burgundy and Amerigo respectively.

I hope to come out for the next Expo in the spring/summer!