ChadBoudreau

New event posted for Prairie Game Expo:

Small World
TEACHER: Tempest
START TIME: 5:00pm
END TIME: (end time depends on the number of players involved
PLAYERS 12 max
DETAILS
- First round is 3 player game. Contestants are grouped randomly for 3-player game. All scores are recorded.
- Second round is 3 player game. Contestants are grouped based on their scores from first game. So three highest play each other; next three highest play each other, and so on. All scores are recorded.
- Cut to top five players-- the five players with the highest combined score.
- Top 5 players (highest total score) play a 5-player game.
- Record all scores in final game.
- Player with total highest score (first two rounds plus score in final game) wins the tournament.
- Prize is a $20 gift cert from ComicReaders.
- Pre-registration is not required, but you can reply to this forum to book your spot in the tournament.

Jason Morton

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... he's gone." -Verbal Kint

ChadBoudreau

QuoteI am going to arrive as early as I can manage, probably no earlier than 10am though. Mage Wars takes a very variable amount of time, so it's hard to say when we would start or stop, though I would like to start around 11 or noon.

Mark, Rachel and Tom who are teaching Netrunner at 11:00am are Mage War players. I've told them you are coming. They've played a game but are interested in learning the rules from someone who has played a lot of games. So if their schedule allows I suspect they will join you for Mage Wars. I've added Mage Wars to the main schedule with a 12pm start time.

Yolanka

For anyone participating in the 500 pt tournament at PGX, if possible please send me a PM or email at smith28c@gmail.com with your army list so that I can check it in advance - the last thing anyone wants is to show up with a list and realize they missed one of the special restrictions.

I'll be joining in on the action if an odd number of players sign up, so for full disclosure here's the list I'll be bringing along (I'm not going to change what I'm taking after seeing someone's list):

10 Dire Avengers w/ Exarch equipped w/ power sword and shimmer shield.
9   Dire Avengers w/ Exarch equipped w/ power sword and shimmer shield.
5   Rangers
1   Nightspinner w/ Holo-fields
497 Points

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: ChadBoudreau on January 21, 2014, 11:20:51 AM
New event posted for Prairie Game Expo:

Small World
TEACHER: Tempest
START TIME: 5:00pm
END TIME: (end time depends on the number of players involved
PLAYERS 12 max
DETAILS
- First round is 3 player game. Contestants are grouped randomly for 3-player game. All scores are recorded.
- Second round is 3 player game. Contestants are grouped based on their scores from first game. So three highest play each other; next three highest play each other, and so on. All scores are recorded.
- Cut to top five players-- the five players with the highest combined score.
- Top 5 players (highest total score) play a 5-player game.
- Record all scores in final game.
- Player with total highest score (first two rounds plus score in final game) wins the tournament.
- Prize is a $20 gift cert from ComicReaders.
- Pre-registration is not required, but you can reply to this forum to book your spot in the tournament.

If anyone has an extra board to use for the tournament let us know. We have two games available and are looking for the elusive third...
Snikt!

NeikeDjour

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Dana_Tillusz

Snikt!

TriviaNerd_86

I will be there as close to 9am as possible and will be bringing the following games to share:

Scattergories (2-8 players) 45 min
Scattergories Categories (2-8 players) 45 min
Scattergories the Card Game (2-8 players) 30 min
Funglish (3-8 players) 45 min
Whatzit (2-5 players) 45 min
Citadels (2-8 players) 20-60 min
Get Bit (2-6 players) 10-20 min
Dutch Blitz (2-4 players) 45 min
The Resistance (5-8 players) 30 min
Zombie Dice (2-8 players) 30 min
Tsuro (2-8 players) 15-20 min
Dixit (3-6 players) 30 min
Dixit Journey (3-6 players) 30 min
9'ers (2-6 players) 10 min
Creatures (2-6 players) 20 min
Knotz (2-4 players) 10-20 min
Big Picture Apples to Apples (4-6 players) 45-60 min
Pub Trivia (4-8 players) 60 min
Pandemic (4 players) 45 min
Elder Sign (1-8 players) 1-2 hrs
Telestrations (4-8 players) 30 min
Smart Ass (2-8 players) 45 min

Hopefully this will give people a nice variety to choose from in addition to all the other games that will be there.
Have a great day! :D
Trivianerd_86

ChadBoudreau

QuoteI will be there as close to 9am as possible and will be bringing the following games to share:

Fantastic!

scuudz

Please put me down for the 4th slot of Castles of Burgundy at 10am.  Thanks!