Prairie Game eXpo – Core Ritchie Community Centre - Sat., Jan. 25, 2014

Started by ChadBoudreau, December 16, 2013, 06:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

craftybernardo

I would like sign up for Lego Creationary at 12 and if anyone is thinking of bringing out the Game of Thrones boardgame I would be especially interested in playing that.

dyobb

On a distant alien planet, insects have evolved into the dominant species and achieved developmental breakthroughs in architecture, metallurgy, agriculture, science and linguistics. Players take on the roles of the major civilizations as they develop, build, conquer, explore and spread across the continents, competing to become this world's greatest NATION!

Jason Szarkowicz and Dyson Yobb are two Regina based game designers that have self-published a card game called Nation: A Mighty Spark. We will be demonstrating it through out the day and being onhand to discuss our self-publishing experiences with anyone who is interested.

We will be hosting a game for 2 to 4 players at 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm & 4:00 pm. We hope to see you there!

ChadBoudreau

QuoteI'll bring Power Grid to teach as well.

omegadirective, let us know what time you'd like to run Power Grid (and which map) and we'll add it to the schedule.

ChadBoudreau

QuoteWe will be hosting a game for 2 to 4 players at 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm & 4:00 pm. We hope to see you there!

Dyson, I've added your four sessions to the schedule. Thanks!

Mike.L

Wondering on the points etc for the warhammer 40k? Who is running things? Also, I noticed no warhammer fantsy. I'll be happy to step up and run a tourney for that either before or after the 40k

ChadBoudreau

QuoteWondering on the points etc for the warhammer 40k? Who is running things? Also, I noticed no warhammer fantsy. I'll be happy to step up and run a tourney for that either before or after the 40k

Chris (Yolanka) is working on something for 40K. Details are forthcoming. Also, members of the ComicReaders Downtown 40K Escalation League are welcome to come to Prairie Game Expo for games. League games at Prairie Game Expo will be counted as games played "in the store".

Fantasy players are also welcome.

Jon

Quote from: Dana_Tillusz on January 10, 2014, 09:12:59 PM
Quote from: Jon on January 10, 2014, 02:12:32 PM

I am planning to come and would love to play Bora Bora. I would also like to get in on Castles of Burgundy or Bruges.

Jon, there is a Castles of Burgundy game in the morning. Would you like to register for it?

Sure, sign me up for that.

Mac Grassick

I'm planning on attending the event. I'd like to sign up for Super Dungeon Explore at 2:30(4 hours, that's pretty epic) & the 11:00 Star Wars miniatures game. I'd love to play Descent if a spot opens up for any reason. Thanks.

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

omegadirective

Quote from: ChadBoudreau on January 12, 2014, 10:07:46 AM
QuoteI'll bring Power Grid to teach as well.

omegadirective, let us know what time you'd like to run Power Grid (and which map) and we'll add it to the schedule.

I will bring the Quebec map (with the new power plant cards) for 1230. 2-6 players.

sleepydragon

I'm wondering if it's too late to join the Game Designers Section, and if not, then what the requirements are. Does it need to be a finished game? Can it be in need of play-testing?