ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 3

• 379 Replies

Nathans

• View Profile
Re: ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 3
« Reply #340 on: April 16, 2014, 10:33:34 AM »
Hey Everyone!

I'm STILL looking to set up games this week and next. Please get in touch! I hope I'm not being shunned :(

306 501 8877, sgrazzuttinathan@gmail.com
Nathan Sgrazzutti

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #341 on: April 16, 2014, 03:11:59 PM »
I would play you but I don't have my cultists and heldrake assembled yet buddy.

Nathans

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 17, 2014, 01:13:30 PM »
At the store till 5 today if anyone wants a game!
Nathan Sgrazzutti

Yolanka

• Chris S
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 21, 2014, 08:45:12 AM »
Got a bunch of really fun, really close games in recently.

Started off by playing Casey's Demons on Thursday, and I don't think things could've gone much worse for him dice-wise.  On turn 1 his Belakor failed a 2+ save, then failed its grounding check, which he re-rolled and failed again so my wolves could charge into it.  His screamer squad (which he refused to cheese with, so kudos to Casey for that!) went after a single 6-man long fang squad with mini vector strikes and charged into them, but kept losing combat somehow!

Psychic powers didn't go any better for Casey.  He failed several psychic powers with 11's, managed to summon a new squad of pink horrors in on turn 2 - only to have them immediately kill themselves from perils for first blood, and eventually lost his warlord's last wound to perils too!  The powers he did get off almost all got denied, including 3 in a row on 6's outside my rune priest's protective 4+ bubble.  Casey's helldrake hadn't arrived and enough damage was done by the end of turn 3 that we shook hands.

Game 2 on Thursday was vs Xander.  It was a bloodbath right from turn 1 when my drop pod showed up and he got first blood intercepting it with his quad gun!  My wolves tore up his side of the board while his dread knights tore up mine.  Eventually almost everything died, neither of us got linebreaker, and we ended up with 9 points each on Purge the alien.  A fantastically messy draw!

Game 3 was Saturday vs Sean's wolves.  Once again my wolf lord refused to die against him, and they ate all his grey hunters and long fangs except 3 before finally dying.  His scouts were the stars, one squad dropping down from a building and running for an objective while another outflanked to contest mine.  A well-fought victory for Sean!

Game 4 was also Saturday, vs Nathan's guard.  It's the first time I've gotten to play him this whole league, and I wasn't disappointed.  We played Relic.  I'm SO SO SO glad I won the roll to pick table sides  :lol.  My drop pod showed up and the grey hunters inside made a mess of his basilisks before being shot down by the swarm of guardsmen on the other side of them.  The basilisks were in a squadron though so Nathan was easily able to get first blood before I could take out both of them.  The wolves had to split up and take on seperate targets, hoping their T5 would be good enough to handle so many STR3 shots.  Despite destroying most of his army by the end, the new storm troopers (I forget their actual name) saved the day, dropping in on turn 4 and surviving long enough to steal line breaker for the draw.  Great game Nathan!  Thanks for showing off some of the new Guard codex's tricks.

Thanks again all who managed to get games in.  I'll be gone this weekend so likely am done until the tournament.

Kingleir

• View Profile
  • Name: Matthew
« Reply #344 on: April 21, 2014, 09:03:45 AM »
Looking for a game on thursday.

Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 21, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »
Kingleir I'm free on Thursday anytime after 4pm let me know.

Lareina

« Reply #346 on: April 21, 2014, 08:03:54 PM »
I will be away now until next Tuesday, any general league/tournament questions can still be PM'd to me but anything concerning room in the store, please phone the store.

There for sure will not be room this Saturday/Sunday in the store because of the Magic prerelease :( There might be room Friday, phone to check that.

With this abrupt end to this month, I'm going to extend it slightly, and end the month at May 4th rather than right at April 30th. This gives you potentially weekend games at the store.

Malachi

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 22, 2014, 04:47:30 PM »
Is anyone (else) available for a game this Thursday the 24th?  I need to know ASAP.  I would need to start at 1pm, or at least early enough to end by 5pm.

Malachi

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 23, 2014, 10:39:37 AM »
Ok, Kingleir and I are going to play a game starting a 2pm.

« Reply #349 on: April 24, 2014, 07:27:51 AM »
I know its random but I can squeeze one last game in this month April 28th (its a monday) in the afternoon. I would have to start by 1 at the latest. If anyone is interested let me know.
"An unending sea of claw and chiton and teeth; every part of the whole perfectly coordinated to fulfill its one purpose; the end of all life."