ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 3

• 379 Replies

Lareina

Re: ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 3
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »
They really did a number on bringing the Tervigon down a notch, I never used one in the previous codex, and I was hesitant to use one now, but I doubt I'll use more than one in this league. I ran out of egg sacs on turn one for this game and a previous test game, the odds of rolling doubles on 3 dice is extremely high.

I unfortunately have low model count with my decisions of upping wargear on Hormagaunts (toxin sacs and adrenal glands) and Genestealers (giving them scything talons for an extra attack). So had Chris been able to actually shoot more of my guys dead then this game would have been another story. I was thankful that his Rune Priest couldn't wound on any of his hits so that my Tervigon would live.

Mike.L

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2014, 12:14:35 PM »
yea aparently the entire codex got nailed with a nerf bat to the gribblies.... some of the forums ive been to have circulated a rumor that the dex was not done, and the playtest version was broke, and they were looking at going back to scratch with it, but the models were complete and so upper managment forced out the release so they could start selling the new kits. - meaning the codex itself came out sub par and essentially unfinished. makes me sad... i was at one point going to try making a bugs list. i still might for fun and since i have some of the models.. but it stinks that the first sort of "nerfed" codex in this ed belongs to the one army that actually kind of needed a push the other way.

anway, i am still a newb when it comes to fighting bugs, so im looking to play some of our resident bug players - challange posed! im free this weekend pretty much the entire time store is open.

Alex1

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2014, 02:50:23 PM »
I think the message board population was sad that many of their tricks no longer work. I'm reserving judgment until a month in, as many new and effective strategies are likely to shine through.

Kingleir

• View Profile
  • Name: Matthew
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2014, 06:38:07 PM »
Mike L. And I are playing on saturday at 12:00 at comic readers.  I'm looking for another game to play that day, probably around 1:45 to 2:00

Alex1

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2014, 06:46:06 PM »
I'm free all thursday, so name a time and I'll come down to comic readers for a game.

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2014, 07:10:39 PM »
I will for surely be there Thursday to play Nathan and Zak, I would like to get games in on Wed as well!

Lareina

« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2014, 08:35:15 PM »
I think the message board population was sad that many of their tricks no longer work. I'm reserving judgment until a month in, as many new and effective strategies are likely to shine through.

I agree that it's too early to cry that the sky is falling. I feel that all codices do go through a bit of growing pains, and some are able to grow out of it quickly. I'm ok with the codex so far, but I'm not blown away by it.

My schedule is wonky so I can't fully make plans for games yet. Just know that if I'm scheduling for a game, Chris is probably going to need one too just so he doesn't have to sit there.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:37:09 PM by Lareina »

Yolanka

• Chris S
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2014, 12:21:50 PM »
I'll be playing Casey at 6 on Thursday, so if anyone's sticking around until 7 - 7:30ish I wouldn't mind fitting a second game in.

Alex1

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2014, 07:20:25 PM »
If anyone wants a game tomorrow (wednesday) I can probably make it down, as I have some errands to run anyway.

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2014, 07:34:49 PM »
Anyone else showin up tomorrow?