ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 3

• 379 Replies

Lareina

Re: ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 3
« Reply #370 on: May 08, 2014, 04:33:10 PM »
Like I said before, the tournament is to be more competitive than the escalation months, just keep in mind, if you're in the finals then you don't get to use that army next season.

My 2 cents is that you want to try to be remotely competitive just so you don't get blown out of the water, but if you're bringing a net list, or the hardest list possible, your opponent isn't going to have a very good time and it'll make your sportsmanship score hurt.

Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 09, 2014, 08:07:29 AM »
Ya that's what I struggle with using a flyer heavy list. Some people struggle against it and others (like Sean and Xander!) seem to kick my butt all the time regardless of how many flyers I bring lol.

Yolanka

• Chris S
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 09, 2014, 01:45:33 PM »
I didn't mind the heavy flyer list - at least they're monstrous creatures so there's always the chance to knock them out of the sky with a rhino's storm bolter before unloading on it with a squad.  They don't feel unkillable - tough yes, but not unkillable.  Helldrakes on the other hand...  run and hide, nothing I have can hurt it! :excited (Unless I give my rune priest manning a quad gun terminator armour, which may or may not be happening). 

There's a counter to almost everything, so bring what you like, have fun, and try not to rub it in if you crush someone  :lol

I'm honestly not sure if the list I'm bringing is considered cheese.  Lareina's tyranid list kicked its butt during a practice round, but I've always struggled against her nids with the puppies. 

Definitely looking forward to tournament day.  With 3 objective-based missions, I've dropped the thunderwolf cav in favour of more troops, so we'll see what happens.

Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 10, 2014, 08:23:55 AM »
Troops will be key and I know my list will struggle there.

The last 2 league tournaments against Chris I've never lived past turn 3 before he had me wiped. If we face each other this year Chris my goal is to make it to turn 4! lol

Lareina

« Reply #374 on: May 12, 2014, 10:06:01 AM »
Has anyone been able to find the FAQ section on the GW website?

I can't seem to find it, and in that case, people are not required to have their FAQ on hand.

Malachi

• View Profile
« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2014, 10:08:41 AM »
It got moved to the Black Library website (intuitive I know!), but unfortunately with the new edition forthcoming, only some of the FAQ's got put back up.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

Lareina

« Reply #376 on: May 12, 2014, 01:12:02 PM »
Thanks for finding it Mark!

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #377 on: May 16, 2014, 10:44:30 PM »
Hi does anyone know how far an open topped skimmer chariot can move before it can't shoot? I am fielding a exalted falling chariot if Tzeentch for the tourney but can't find a clear answer. Also how far can it go before it the Exalted Flamer can't fire both weapons? Assuming it can ever do that...

Lareina

« Reply #378 on: May 17, 2014, 09:47:55 AM »
It looks like it can shoot one weapon with full ballistic skill at combat speed (up to 6"), and 0 with full ballistic skill at cruising speed (6"+). All other weapons may be fired as snap shots, except templates.

Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 18, 2014, 08:18:05 PM »
I just wanted to say a big thank you to Lareina and everyone else involved with making this league happen. It was great players, great games and good times and I look forward to next year already.

Congrats to Sean who kicked butt today (including my own) to win it all. Well deserved!

If anyone wants to try out the new rules after they launch send me a PM for a game.

Cheers