ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 3

• 379 Replies

Yolanka

• Chris S
    • View Profile
Re: ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 3
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2014, 08:48:10 AM »
Played against Mark's Tyranids (not painted) and Wade's Nurgle Chaos marines (not painted) last night at the store.  Space wolves lost both games, but they were close and very entertaining. 

I was able to kill one of Mark's flying tyrants and reduced the other to two wounds.  If the game hadn't gone to turn 7 I would've had two marines holding an objective and linebreaker.

Wade's nurgle marines didn't seem so bad until his cultists regrouped right at the table edge to deny me first blood and his lord and squad champion absolutely refused to die, making at least 3 or 4 feels no pain tests and several armour saves.  I FINALLY killed the squad champion for my first and only kill point on the last turn, but had lost first blood, my warlord, and 2 killpoints already.

Thanks to both for the fun games!

Kingleir

• View Profile
  • Name: Matthew
« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2014, 09:47:21 AM »
Ok, no games this weekend at comicreaders, so I am lookingto schedule 2 games next weekend.  Anyone interested?

« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2014, 02:07:10 PM »
Sean here I played twice last night with my space wolves. Unfortunately I am bad with names one was a Grey knights army painted and the other was a tyrainds army not painted (Halloween theme paint job.) Both awesome guys and fair sports even though the games didn't go there way. I won both comfortably.

Want a big thanks to both of them and thanks for an awesome night and rematch later

Lareina

« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2014, 04:41:39 PM »
Sean here I played twice last night with my space wolves. Unfortunately I am bad with names one was a Grey knights army painted and the other was a tyrainds army not painted (Halloween theme paint job.) Both awesome guys and fair sports even though the games didn't go there way. I won both comfortably.

Want a big thanks to both of them and thanks for an awesome night and rematch later

Please send me a PM in the future :), I can't always comb the thread for results, but I was aware of these games, so it's all good.

Edit: I think I got most of the recent games played, please send me a message if I missed a game.

Edit edit: I realized that I misremembered which game I was missing, and have now realized it is Alexander vs Wade.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:19:28 AM by Lareina »

Lareina

« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2014, 07:43:23 PM »
Results are up on the first page.

The Top 8 as stands:
Alex B
Chris
Mike L
Alexander
Nathan
Sean
Tyler
Mark D

Winners of the draws in order: Tyler, Alex B, Casey and Chris.

Monthly points start at 0 again, so still more opportunity to get more draws by getting first or second!

Mike.L

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 02, 2014, 01:02:03 AM »
congrats to those who made the top 8, and to the prize draw winners.

looking to set up games for the next level, fire me a message and lets get month 2 rolling.

Rothgar

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 02, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »
Anyone up for a game on thursday, Feb 6th.   Anytime is good for me.

Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 02, 2014, 12:37:02 PM »
Congrats to the top 8 and the draw winners!  see you all in month 2(I am gone this week but hopefully the following Thursday I will be ready for some games)

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #218 on: February 02, 2014, 03:38:28 PM »
Good to see how many games were getting played last month! I wish I hadn't missed the last two Thursdays though, darn work. I will be at the store early on Wed and Thurs to try out my new 1k list if anyone wants to book a game let me know.i have a lot to learn still.

Lareina

« Reply #219 on: February 03, 2014, 11:28:35 AM »
Only 2 people undefeated this month: Mark D (Malachi) and Sean (foleydafrog), which means you'll get a bonus point if you can beat either one of them, no pressure guys! ;)