Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - December 3, 2013 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, November 23, 2013, 10:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Chad Boudreau
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Colin Dearborn
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Mission Red Planet

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME: Mission Red Planet
TEACHER: Colin Dearborn
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS... 3-5
1. Colin Dearborn
2. Augur
3. Jeff Haubrich
4. Miles

GAME: Power Grid: Korea
TEACHER: Omegadirective
DURATION:120 Minutes
PLAYERS: 6
1. Omegadirective
2. DCStyles
3. wendyj

GAME: Krosmaster: Arena
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
PLAYERS: 2
1. NeikeDjour

GAME: Krosmaster: Arena
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
START TIME: 7:30
PLAYERS: 2
1. NeikeDjour

GAME: Pathfinder Adventure Card Game
TEACHER: Cordawg
START TIME: 8:30
PLAYERS 6
1. Cordawg
2. NeikeDjour
3. Qwijybo (Bryce)

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

The year is 1888, and Steampunk technology has advanced at a prodigious rate! Probes have been sent to Mars, and soon astronauts will be manning rockets in order to mine the planet for newly discovered resources. The first is a brand new element, Celerium, that could prove to be a combustible energy source the likes man has never seen. The second is Sylvanite, an incredibly dense material unlike anything found on earth. In addition to these resources, glaciers have been discovered on the planet. Whoever controls these icy masses could work to create a livable atmosphere on Mars

In Mission: Red Planet, players work as mining companies compete to send astronauts to Mars in order to colonize and mine for recently discovered materials. Over the course of 10 rounds, players play one of their special agents every round to help fill the rockets heading to Mars with their own astronauts while simultaneously working to prevent their opponents from doing the same. Once landed, these astronauts must gather to control specific regions of the planet, each yielding one of the three resources: Celerium, Sylvanite, or Ice. After rounds 5 and 8, players gain score tokens for every region where they control the majority of the astronauts. At the end of the game, players score one final time, adding any bonuses received from Discovery Cards and Bonus Cards. The player with the most score tokens at the end controls Mars, and all the riches it can bring!
Snikt!

Cordawg

Would like to bring toizoken and its new expansion now plays 5 ill atart at 630  till 8  and maybe after ill go through a campaign of pathfinder the adventure card game  at 830 plays 6  and takes a hour

omegadirective

ChadBoudreau

A forgotten evil stirs in the ancient land of Varisia. Dark magic once more thrums amid crumbling ruins, giants gather in titanic armies, cultists murder in the name of foul deities, and maniacal goblins plot a fiery end for the peaceful town of Sandpoint.

Launch a campaign to strike back against the evils plaguing Varisia with the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. This complete cooperative strategy card game pits 1 to 6 heroes against the traps, monsters, deadly magic, and despicable foes of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game's award-winning Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path. In this game players take the part of a fantasy character such as a rogue or wizard, each with varying skills and proficiencies that are represented by the cards in their deck. The classic ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, etc.) are assigned with different sized dice. Players can acquire allies, spells, weapons, and other items. The goal is to find and defeat a villain before a certain number of turns pass, with the villain being represented by its own deck of cards complete with challenges and foes that must be overcome. Characters grow stronger after each game, adding unique gear and awesome magic to their decks, and gaining incredible powers, all of which they'll need to challenge greater threats in a complete Pathfinder Adventure Card Game Adventure Path.

ChadBoudreau

The object of Power Grid is to supply the most cities with power when someone's network gains a predetermined size. In this new edition, players mark pre-existing routes between cities for connection, and then bid against each other to purchase the power plants that they use to power their cities.

However, as plants are purchased, newer, more efficient plants become available, so by merely purchasing, you're potentially allowing others access to superior equipment.

Additionally, players must acquire the raw materials (coal, oil, garbage, and uranium) needed to power said plants (except for the 'renewable' windfarm/ solar plants, which require no fuel), making it a constant struggle to upgrade your plants for maximum efficiency while still retaining enough wealth to quickly expand your network to get the cheapest routes.

roxy72

I can't make it this week. But Mission: red planet looks pretty cool.

NeikeDjour

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

DCStyles

My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Marc Bendig

Yes please on Tzolkin, right here! I've seen it out sever :lolal times at Chewsday, looks like my kind of game.