Warhammer Fantasy Ladder League (winter 2013/14)

• 149 Replies

RobertP

• View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fantasy Ladder League (winter 2013/14)
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2014, 08:42:58 PM »
We will miss you Kyle.  Don also PM'd me and he also will not be able to make it.  Maeson on the other hand can (likely) come! Maeson can you confirm that your coming?  Is there anyone else that would like to go?

Since there is 3 of us I suggest that we make two lists each, one at 2500 and the other at 1250.  Then we can have 2 vs 1 games. 

squalie

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2014, 09:04:20 PM »
What time is everyone planning to be there?

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2014, 09:18:44 PM »
I just talked to Allan and we decided noon.  I have to be out at 4pm.  Allan has a soccer game at 7:30.

** Maeson has confirmed that he is coming too.  All three of us will be there at noon.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:43:03 AM by RobertP »

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2014, 08:57:40 PM »
Allan, Maeson and I had a 2 vs 1 game this afternoon starting shortly after one.  The combined allied rules didn't favor "Despreate" allies of Allan's High Elves and my Beastmen.  They syenergy between the High elf and Beastmen list was void and the Desperate allied rules really punish allies int he magic phase.  Then ee where crushed be the onslaught of Maeson's Dark Elves.  The game rapped up smartly at 4.  When I left Justin and Maeson where setting up the table for more traditional 1 on 1 game.  In the 2 on 1 game, it was with great pleasure to report that everyone was painted.  Maeson will get points for a crushing victroy, painted.  Allan and myself will get participation points and the +1 painted bonus.

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2014, 09:11:55 AM »
Hey guys.  I MIGHT have an opening for a game tonight starting after 8:30.  I say MIGHT but I will be able to confirm by ~1pm today.  If you are interested give me a PM.  I am prepared to game tonight at 1250 or 2500 point levels. 

Gallagher

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2014, 09:51:51 AM »
Maeson and I played a game after the three way battle at FRAG yesterday. It was a close fought match, but a single corsair the dread lord and the whitches remained for the dark elves, beating me by a solid 200 points. I was unpainted and Maeson was painted.

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2014, 05:22:57 PM »
Thanks Justin for the update on your game.  You kept it close.  How did the Arachnarok fair?  Did you come with the 40 savage orc unit and how did it fair?

Allan Luesink

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2014, 09:55:13 AM »
Allan, Maeson and I had a 2 vs 1 game this afternoon starting shortly after one.  The combined allied rules didn't favor "Despreate" allies of Allan's High Elves and my Beastmen.  They syenergy between the High elf and Beastmen list was void and the Desperate allied rules really punish allies int he magic phase.  Then ee where crushed be the onslaught of Maeson's Dark Elves.  The game rapped up smartly at 4.  When I left Justin and Maeson where setting up the table for more traditional 1 on 1 game.  In the 2 on 1 game, it was with great pleasure to report that everyone was painted.  Maeson will get points for a crushing victroy, painted.  Allan and myself will get participation points and the +1 painted bonus.
Yep, Desperate Allies are exactly that - DESPERATE!  Man, did we get smoked! Frustrating at the time, hilarious now. I guess a little bit of time brings a better perspective.  ;)

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2014, 10:49:34 PM »
Hey guys just wanted to give you the heads up that the league is in the last week.  Playoffs start March 1!  Maeson is running away with the points for 1st place.  Trailing way behind him in 2nd place are Don (~35pts), Rob (~32pts), and Allan (~27pts).  And there can always be movement on the ladder but Justin and Allan are currently at the top.  Get your last games in to shake this up... For the guys that end up in top place, be prepared to try to get your games in as soon as possible!  I would like to have those games rapped on schedule and get the prizes out without delay.  Thanks! 
(Please NOTE that the points are an estimate only and I will try to update the point list tomorrow night)

@Maeson - we set up a game at the every end of the month, March 28.  I was wondering if you can still make this appointment because it has to go down at my house.  Can you make it over at 8:30?  I will issue a ladder challenge for your 3rd place ladder position!  Do you accept?   

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2014, 03:10:23 AM »
Everyone must kill me....

I am indeed down for the 28th battle Rob, I would enjoy facing what a full 2500 point  Beastmen army can do!