Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - Nov 5th (18:00)

Started by Tempest, October 24, 2013, 12:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

This is a friendly reminder that Tuesday, November 5 is draw night. You have to attend to win so come out for your chance to win ComicReaders and Boston Pizza gift certificates.

omegadirective

Quote from: Matt Robertson on October 30, 2013, 04:05:07 PM
Quote from: omegadirective on October 30, 2013, 05:56:50 AM
Hey Matt, Can you bring Mutant Meeples?

When can you be there?

Hi Matt, I will be there for 630. I would also like to play Power Grid, so I would like to play Mutant Meeples after that, if possible?

Mark M

I am going to bring out Cuba Libre. It's game 2 of GMTs new COIN (counter-insurgency) series. It recreates the 1957 Cuban revolution between Castro's revolutionaries and the government forces of president Batista. 4 can play and it will take about 4 hrs. It is somewhat complex initially but once things get rolling it plays quite quickly.

We will start at 6:30

NeikeDjour

I can bring Takenoko (4 players, 45 Minutes @6:30pm)
And if anyone wants me to set up another WoW Mini's Raid, I'm up for bringing it. (5 players, 120-180 Minutes @8:00pm)
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

omegadirective

Bix Conners

I have been wanting to play Takenoko for awhile. Sign me up.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Bix Conners

In December 1956, paroled rebel Fidel Castro returned to Cuba to launch his revolution with virtually no political base and—after a disastrous initial encounter with government forces—a total of just 12 men. Two years later, through masterful propaganda and factional maneuver, Castro, his brother Raúl, and iconic revolutionary Che Guevara had united disparate guerrillas and exploited Cubans' deep opposition to their dictator Fulgencio Batista y Zaldívar. Castro's takeover of the country became a model for Leftist insurgency.

Castro's Insurgency

Following up on GMT Games' Andean Abyss about insurgency in modern Colombia, the next volume in the COIN Series, Cuba Libre, takes 1 to 4 players into the Cuban Revolution. Castro's "26 July Movement" must expand from its bases in the Sierra Maestra mountains to fight its way to Havana. Meanwhile, anti-communist student groups, urban guerrillas, and expatriates try to de-stabilize the Batista regime from inside and out, while trying not to pave the way for a new dictatorship under Castro. Batista's Government must maintain steam to counter the twin insurgency, while managing two benefactors: its fragile US Alliance and its corrupting Syndicate skim. And in the midst of the turmoil, Meyer Lansky and his Syndicate bosses will jockey to keep their Cuban gangster paradise alive.

Bix Conners

A long time ago at the Japanese Imperial court, the Chinese Emperor offered a giant panda bear as a symbol of peace to the Japanese Emperor. Since then, the Japanese Emperor has entrusted his court members (the players) with the difficult task of caring for the animal by tending to his bamboo garden.

In Takenoko, the players will cultivate land plots, irrigate them, and grow one of the three species of bamboo (Green, Yellow, and Pink) with the help of the Imperial gardener to maintain this bamboo garden. They will have to bear with the immoderate hunger of this sacred animal for the juicy and tender bamboo. The player who manages his land plots best, growing the most bamboo while feeding the delicate appetite of the panda, will win the game.

Cordawg

miles