Warhammer Fantasy Winter League 2014-15

• 137 Replies

RobertP

• View Profile
Re: Warhammer Fantasy Winter League 2014-15
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2015, 10:44:23 PM »
Today was the last day to get league games in so please post any final games as soon as you can.  My intent will be to post the month tally soonish and make the draw on Thursday, March 5, at the store. 

I got word that Maeson won a massacre vs Nathan. Both armies where painted and not at Comic Readers. 

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2015, 10:55:49 PM »
Nope neither army was painted!

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2015, 08:53:57 PM »
Please see the February league stats and draw entries.  See both PDF attachments on first page of this forum, see link below:**
http://forums.saskgames.com/index.php?topic=4107.msg22752#msg22752

The draw will be March 5.  If you would like to watch the draw please contact me for the time and I will meet you there!  The draw will be for the remaining funds for our league provided to the winner as a $35 gift certificate.

** If you see any errors please PM me as soon as possible so that I can fix before the Draw!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 09:16:16 PM by RobertP »

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2015, 09:19:27 PM »
I also tallied up the total league points by adding up the months.  Check the PDF.  (Attachment is in the same post as the link above, page one of this forum)

Maeson was the top point earner (45)!  Nathan was runner up in points (33).  Well done.  I have to give Malachi an honorable mention.  He only got 8 points.  However, I was impressed with the great posts from Mark, including the links to some fabulous free building terrain (page 13), extra games vs non-league players and other such things.  Thanks Mark.  Thanks to everyone that had a part in this league.  And finally thanks for ComicReaders and staff for the game space and league prizes. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 09:30:00 PM by RobertP »

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2015, 04:38:44 PM »
The final draw was held today for the month of Feb.  The winner of the draw was Nathan S.  Please pick you your $35 Gift Certificate at ComicReaders downtown.  Congrats Nathan! 

Again, thanks to everyone that played and big thanks to ComicReaders and staff for all that you done for the league.  :D

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2015, 04:36:07 PM »
Is anyone interested in doing a similar league from March to July until the new edition of fantasy 9th comes out?

Also one rules query.Am I wrong thinking that units have to always take the most direct route when they charge. I understand the 90 degree free wheel and all, but there must be a limit to how much free move you get when you measure from the corner of your unit to your enemies. Are you allowed to move forward and then wheel to avoid difficult and dangerous  or even impassible terrain before you close the gate with your wheel as long as it's not over 90 degrees?

ChadBoudreau

« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2015, 10:44:51 PM »
It's always a pleasure to see Warhammer being played at ComicReaders Downtown. We've got a game room open every day when the store is open but it's not always being used. It's been great seeing increased activity due to this League.

RobertP

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2015, 08:09:42 PM »
Is anyone interested in doing a similar league from March to July until the new edition of fantasy 9th comes out?

Also one rules query.Am I wrong thinking that units have to always take the most direct route when they charge. I understand the 90 degree free wheel and all, but there must be a limit to how much free move you get when you measure from the corner of your unit to your enemies. Are you allowed to move forward and then wheel to avoid difficult and dangerous  or even impassible terrain before you close the gate with your wheel as long as it's not over 90 degrees?

The "new" 8th edition rules don't not make you take the most direct route.  You have the freedom to move unlimited distance to meet your target in the indicated flank as long as you only use one turn up to 90 degrees.