Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, Sept. 11, 2010

Started by Allan Luesink, September 07, 2010, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late notice about this coming Strategy Saturday.  Stuff happens.  However, despite what may all be going on there is no denying that this weekend is the second weekend of September so it's time for another edition of Strategy Saturday.

I have a number of announcements to make:

1.  The Feature Game is going to be ... (drum roll - oh, and don't hold your breath Dwayne) ... Brass!  Besides the fact that I love this game there is another reason why I'm featuring it yet again.  Next month I'll be moderating it at FallCon in Calgary and I need to brush up on my teaching it.  So if you've never had a chance to play this gem be sure to contact me since there is only room for 4 players (unless of course one of our other attendees has a good heart and brings another copy).

2.  Next month the second Saturday falls on Thanksgiving weekend.  Usually we bump Strategy Saturday to the following weekend when it comes to holidays.  However the following weekend I'll be at FallCon, then the weekend after that is FRAG's Games Day and the last weekend is Hallowe'en.  So that means we'll be running Strategy Saturday on Thanksgiving weekend after all, on October 9th.  I hope you can make it.

3.  I send out a monthly email just to remind people of the upcoming Strategy Saturday.  If you'd like the convenience of receiving a quick reminder in you Inbox (usually around a week in advance), just drop me a PM and include your name and email, and I'll happily put you on my mailing list.

My offer is still open to anyone who would like to feature a game from their collection.  Contact me if your interested.

As usual, we'll be getting together from 7pm-midnight in the basement of Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd).  Again we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends.

Hope to see you there,

Allan
(along with Michael and Barry)

Bix Conners

I am going to see if I can arrange my schedule to attend this. Who esle is planning on going to this? I would like to pre-arrange a game (or two).

Matt
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Guy Ouellette

Allan I have traded the night work I was scheduled for a day shift.  So I am now able to attend,  As discussed in our email, I will be available to Demo whenever you have an open night to demo

Thanks see you there,  Matt I will be there mon Ami!

John Kennedy

Colin Dearborn

I will be there with both kids.

Planning on bringing out Smallworld and Ave Ceasar, plus whatever else Amanda feels like playing.

Bix Conners

Thanks for the evening!

I got to play two games of Arcana, a game of Wasabi, and a game of Infinite City.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Rev. Ted Giese

hey it's Sunday the 12th; I guess I missed out. I had a wedding on the 11th I hope everyone had a good time  :)
simul justus et peccator

Allan Luesink

Thanks to everyone who came out.  We had over 30 people! :D  See you guys next month.